+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, Dress Code in General; Originally Posted by tech_guy Whatever we want to wear we can wear within reason. This job wrecks clothes - I ...
    Thank Post

Re: Dress Code

Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy
    Whatever we want to wear we can wear within reason. This job wrecks clothes - I used to wear a shirt and tie but rarely do now.
    Same here. I was sick of wrecking ties. I wear shoes, trousers and a plain jumper or polo.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,158 Times in 1,596 Posts

All staff have to look reasonably smart. I wear black trousers and (at this time of a year) a polo neck sweater. I'm careful to choose work trousers that wash and tumble dry easily as I spend too much time crawling under desks!

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by projector1
    do your site maintenance staff wear a shirt and tie?
    lol thats what ive always thought. they can wear jeans and t-shirt but we apparantly have to dress smart

i normally wear trousers or dark jeans and a school polo shirt, although the polo shirts are starting to fall apart a bit now
    im starting to wear more shirts to be honest because although less practical they also look less geeky

Thank Post

Less practical? They're fine! It has one pocket I cna use to put my labret stud in lol.

Thank Post

I wear trousers shirt and tie. When I started I wore quite expensive shirt and trousers... quickly learnt the error of my ways and now I'm on Asda trousers :P
    I've never had a job where i've gone through trousers so quickly!
    From our school we do ICT outreach support (mainly to primary schools in the local area) so we have to look fairly smart for that I suppose- I don't really mind though.

During the holidays we wear casual, mainly because thats when we're normally moving loads of stuff.

Thank Post

Where do the people with custom clothing get it from?

A website would be nice

PEO
    Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne
    dickies work wear trousers and a shirt saying the school name and computer services on the sleeve. we had them made especially, because i wasn't dressing appropriately... basically i was showing mid riff and that is bad. so now I wear a big baggy top... stops any of my clothes from being ruined though!
    If you had worked in a male dominated enviroment that would never have happend

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by projector1
    Quote Originally Posted by tomscaper
    I am curious what the dress code for everyone is, i have to wear a shirt and tie, and dress smart like the teachers, i find that shirts get wrecked from all sorts because i am always under something or in and out of something and get messy often.
    do your site maintenance staff wear a shirt and tie?

I wear casual. I would like to wear my liverpool fc tops and t shirts but i cannot walk around the school with carlsberg plastered across my chest!
    Site maintenance wear polo shirt or normal with logo on, with usually casual trousers.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy
    dickies work wear trousers and a shirt saying the school name and computer services on the sleeve. we had them made especially, because i wasn't dressing appropriately... basically i was showing mid riff and that is bad. so now I wear a big baggy top... stops any of my clothes from being ruined though!
    If you had worked in a male dominated enviroment that would never have happend
    i imagine productivity would go down tho

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by richard.thomas
    I wear trousers shirt and tie. When I started I wore quite expensive shirt and trousers... quickly learnt the error of my ways and now I'm on Asda trousers :P
    I've never had a job where i've gone through trousers so quickly!
    From our school we do ICT outreach support (mainly to primary schools in the local area) so we have to look fairly smart for that I suppose- I don't really mind though.

During the holidays we wear casual, mainly because thats when we're normally moving loads of stuff.
    Same here shirt, trousers and tie etc through hols what we want. However, if doing something like climbing under lots of tables etc then will wear jeans and t-shirt.

Also like Richard cheap shirts etc primemark/tescos are a good place to buy clothes.

In addition, did you know if you have uniform and you wash it yourself you some money back from the taxman.

Thank Post

Used to wear normal run of the mill work trousers with whatever top was appropriate for the time of year, but now wear smart, dark jeans most days as I don't have to wear formal trousers for my afternoon job. No one's said anything yet and its not like they're ripped or scruffy.

Can't see what difference it makes as long as you get your work done and you don't have your flesh on show ladies! Of course if I was attending a meeting, trousers & a nice fitted shirt would be the most appropriate attire. 8)

Thank Post

@mrforgetful surely your stud would fall out of the pocket in the shirt every time you bent down?

Dress code at my old place for paid ICT staff had used to be trousers, shirt and tie. Even the site manager wore that sort of thing. But in the years i was at that school i'd seen the site manager go from care taker unblocking drains to quite a fancy office and doing stuff with building projects. etc.

As a student tech I obviously just wore whatever I was wearing to VI Form that day...usually jeans and a t-shirt. Paid staff wore general casual out of term time.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Joedetic
    @mrforgetful surely your stud would fall out of the pocket in the shirt every time you bent down?
    And you would be correct, I do lose quite a few and am down to my last one now. Good job I buy online for a couple of quid and don't pay the outrageous street prices!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,236 Times in 784 Posts
    Blog Entries

i wasn't dressing appropriately... basically i was showing mid riff and that is bad. so now I wear a big baggy top... stops any of my clothes from being ruined though!
    as jake hasn't appeared yet I'll fill in the male cheavanism

*ahem*

"humana, humana, humana!"

thank you

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrforgetful
    Where do the people with custom clothing get it from?

A website would be nice
    leisure wear direct

apparently! They are expensive but very very good quality. Mine have washed and washed.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast