+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, All you can eat data in General; Well Vodafone keep telling me that 1Gb internet is enough but I disagree. I see that 3 offer all you ...
    Thank Post

All you can eat data

Well Vodafone keep telling me that 1Gb internet is enough but I disagree. I see that 3 offer all you can eat data but I'm wondering what they're like, coverage etc.

I've been with Vodafone for ages and coverage is pretty good even if their data plans aren't. I don't want to have unlimited data that I can't use ;-)

Who can recommend 3?

Thanks
    Last edited by ZeroHour; 1st April 2014 at 03:10 AM.

Thank Post
    I highly recommend 3. I left them over a year ago and switched to Virgin Mobile (who use EE's network) and their coverage was utterly atrocious! I switched back to 3 in December and haven't looked back since! The One Plan is excellent value at just £15/Month SIM free on a 12 month contract. 2000 mins, unlimited texts, All You Can Eat Data and unlimited tethering too! I've never had issues with their coverage and the offer of 4G for no extra cost is superb value when compared to other networks.

3. 3 Thanks to Zoom7000:

AMLightfoot (29th May 2014), cookie_monster (1st April 2014), Miscbrah (3rd April 2014)

Thank Post
    Well my PAYG sim arrived today and I've popped it into an old phone so I can give them a whirl :-)

Thank Post
    When its signal is good its really good, but when signal is poor its non existent.

Thats been my experience!

Thank Post
    Yeh I suppose thats the limited range of their 1800mhz band. 4g should sort that hopefully.

Thank Post
    Horses for courses. I find 1Gb is plenty, I prefer to use Wifi where I can anyway.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Three has a lot of fans. It's all down to the signal though. You spend most of your time at home and work, so you must have good coverage here.

I phone Virgin yesterday, and after a friendly chat with their package people they moved me to a 150 mins deal (this is plenty for me, for the following reason) free VM to VM calls (all my family are on VM), and unlimited data for £10/month. Suits me. I couldn't find this deal on the web, you must have to ask for it. It's called a 'VM10' bundle.

Thank Post
    Highly recommend three haven't been anywhere where I haven't been able to get 3G signal, there plans are very cheap and customer service is very good A+ for three

Thank Post
    I've been with 3 since February after being on a 24-month contract with T-Mobile (which had then switched to EE during the contract) and I know I made the right choice. Excellent coverage, they have a cool App so I can easily check my remaining allowance with ease and the bonus is I've now gone from a £40 a month contract to a £12.90 a month rolling contract. Yay! (That's for All You Can Eat data, 200 mins and 5000 texts) - I tend to be on my WiFi more but I believe their AYCE data is very reasonable anyway, I haven't heard any complaints from people I know with 3 too. I'd say go for it

Also, I did hear that 3 provide 4G signal to you for no extra charge when it becomes available in your area. I may be wrong on that though so don't hold me to it!
    Last edited by Fleetwood; 3rd April 2014 at 03:50 PM.

Thank Post
    Been with 3 since July, only issue I've had is as mentioned above, when there's poor signal, you may as well have NO signal.

I'm on the one month version of the One Plan, £15, 300 minutes, unlimited data and 3000 texts. Does me fine. I hardly use the Wi-Fi on my phone since moving.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
    Horses for courses. I find 1Gb is plenty, I prefer to use Wifi where I can anyway.
    Vodafone keep telling me the same thing but I work outdoors alot where there's no wifi and 1Gb simply isn't enough.

Thank Post
    Another thumbs up for 3. Just got 4G at home and in work so wireless isn't needed. Haven't found a place with no signal yet, reception is spot on, phone app is helpful for account.

On the One Plan, £37 a month with 2,000 mins and texts and unlimited data inc. tethering. Plus 3 let you use your data and mins abroad in certain countries as part of your package if you connect to a specific local provider. So no more massive roaming charges in certain places

Thank Post
    Hold on a minute though, I was under the impression that new customers cannot have unlimited tethering anymore since a month ago.
    Wasn't it changed to something along the lines of 5GB tethering for any 'All you can eat' plans instead?

My £12.90 plan is excellent value, had no problems.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zebulunn View Post
    Hold on a minute though, I was under the impression that new customers cannot have unlimited tethering anymore since a month ago.
    Wasn't it changed to something along the lines of 5GB tethering for any 'All you can eat' plans instead?

My £12.90 plan is excellent value, had no problems.

From unlimited tethering down to 2Gb, that's quite a drop. Is it just me or is it a massive disappointment that 4G speeds are going to be limited by stingy limits.

Three scraps UK's last unlimited tethering package | Broadband | News | PC Pro

Thank Post
    ah sorry, didn't realise that had changed, oh well guess i'd best not cancel then!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast