+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, Operation in General; yes, shave entirely using scissors first (if it is too bushy and trim to a small length), then clippers to ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,973 Times in 1,445 Posts
    Blog Entries
    yes, shave entirely using scissors first (if it is too bushy and trim to a small length), then clippers to practical non-existence, then a razer to smooth things out...this is from experience after the first time which gave me horrible razer burn and itching for weeks!
    Last edited by nephilim; 26th March 2014 at 09:48 AM.

Thank Post
    And take something to entertain yourself - chances are you'll be hanging about for hours - as a non emergency, other essential ops may be triaged to happen before you, which can be annoying, but having been in both situations, I know its necessary.

Canulas have never been too bad for me, certainly no more painful than a blood sample. You'll be fine.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MattDLEA View Post
    If we are getting into the grossness, People at work said id be better off shaving the area myself as the hospitals use rubbish bic razors?
    Yeah. Not to mention the cringe factor of the nurses turning up with a bowl of water and some soap. I'd defo do it yourself if I were you.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,455 Times in 1,716 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AMLightfoot View Post
    Yeah. Not to mention the cringe factor of the nurses turning up with a bowl of water and some soap. I'd defo do it yourself if I were you.
    I'd consider using hair remover - the hairs grow back with pointy ends rather than cut ends so there is less itching

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    I'd consider using hair remover - the hairs grow back with pointy ends rather than cut ends so there is less itching
    I'd use caution though: http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B000KKNQBK

I just looked up Inguinal Hernias. Ouch.

Thank Post
    Well tomorrows the big day

7. Thanks to MattDLEA from:

Bananas (30th April 2014)

Thank Post
    Good luck, you'll be fine i'm sure. Let us know how you get on. Life will be so much better for you once it's repaired.

The wife had hers years ago now and it's completely healed and perfect, no pain at all

Thank Post
    Good luck brah, you'll be fine.

Thank Post
    You will be fine, I have not long had my op although it was not the same

http://www.edugeek.net/forums/behind...x-removal.html

Thank Post
    Cheers fokes,
    Its now 8 days since I had it done, It didnt stop people emailing me on the evening the night before asking me to do work. I politely refused to acknowledge their emails. TBH it wasnt to bad though speaking to the assistant surgeon pre op he said not to run golf pick up little one for 3 months!!???!!! everyone else said 2 - 6 weeks.
    Aunt in law stayed with me until i got called through to the special room where you can sit with no pants on, was in there about 1 and half hours with old men watching bbc News before I got called to go through. Walked across to the the operating theater prep room got on the trolly and talked to two men in blue. I remember slagging of 1&1 web design company then heard your off to sleep now.
    Next thing I woke up, I said oh hello 'Vicky' ( I have a friend that she looked like) she said oh im not vicky my reply was "Do I still have 2 testicals" at which point I was whipped back to the day ward.
    NOTE they dont like you going WEEEEeeeeeee as you are pushed through the corridors.
    After a while in the day ward i was offerred toast and tea, got to be said the toast was the best I have ever eaten. A hour afterwards they were like can you move your legs, looking a bit confused I lifted my right leg no problem on to the left and nothing happened. This is quite normal by all acounts and nothing to be scared of, but was the weirdest feeling ever, I could wiggle my toes, roll my ankle, fut for the life of me I couldnt lift my leg or feel my thigh.
    No bother it normally takes 2 hours to wear off sometimes a bit longer. Time passed and nothing. Ended up staying in overnight as it was still asleep at 8 felt it starting to wake up at midnight.
    Next morning got up and walked around fine, got a lift home was ok then On saturday I got a cold, That stings a little when you cough.
    Had my first little walk out yesterday. Have cancelled work for monday and tuesday next week as I dont think I will be up to driving by then.

All in all though not as bad as I thought pre op

12. 2 Thanks to MattDLEA:

Bompalompalomp (9th May 2014), Oaktech (9th May 2014)

Thank Post
    That's good news. Now just take it easy and you will be back to normal in no time
    (did you avoid the injection then?)

Thank Post
    Cheers @witch No I asked and they wernt that keen on doing the gas. I had the numbing cream on though, that talking to the other guy while it was done and knowing that the only choice was to have it done made it not so bad. It annoyed me after the op when it was still in me just flopping around

Thank Post
    Well done for letting them do it then. I must have looked more worried or as if I might go nuts if they tried to inject me. I would have done, too

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123