+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Baby Gate in General; Originally Posted by plexer That being said we used a pressure gate at the top of our stairs with all ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,859 Times in 1,252 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    That being said we used a pressure gate at the top of our stairs with all 3 of our girls and yet no-one had an accident, must be that thing called common sense I guess.

Ben
    Sure, of course you can do what you want, just passing along guidance from every baby site and manufacturer of baby gates that I've ever seen.

Tripping isn't really anything to do with common sense though; if someone fell down our stairs because I'd fitted something that general consensus thought wasn't a good idea and there was a safer option, I'd feel pretty bad.

2. Thanks to sparkeh from:

penfold (20th March 2014)

Thank Post
    For our stairs the bar across the bottom may not be such a problem as I may have to put it on the last stair rather than the top as we have a banister which sits right where the top of the gate needs to go. I have been looking for a extra tall gate as putting it on the last stair means it that much lower to open the gate.
    @sparkeh - I'm like you, if I put something up which somebody tripped on I'd feel pretty bad, but there is that much "rubbish" all over the floor now that we are getting pretty good at balancing on one foot while the other slides on some toy

Thank Post
    Just to let you know that we bought a screw fix gate at the weekend and that still didn't fit. The problem we have is that there is a banister which has three rails running up the stairs. As a result any gate we tried was the wrong size as it meant it couldn't be fixed properly. What we ended up doing is putting a pressure gate across the landing before you get to the stairs so there was no need to dill into any walls. It's not quite what we wanted but it does stop the little one getting to the stairs which is what was needed.

Thanks for all suggestions though.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12