+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Umming & Arring on what to do with my Phone in General; Hey Guys So bit confused on what to do really and as seawolf's post kind of hit off a stir ...

Thank Post

Umming & Arring on what to do with my Phone

Hey Guys

So bit confused on what to do really and as seawolf's post kind of hit off a stir it'd be interesting to know what you guys think I should do as I'm kind of in the middle now, I bought a Galaxy Note 3 on contract a little while ago which came with android 4.3 jellybean. All worked perfectly fine until the geek got the better of me and had to have the latest version when it was out 4.4.2 Kitkat. Since updating this phone is causing me so many problems. I have tried restoring the phone and putting all the apps back on from scratch but still no change.

It will say things like every Wi-Fi network is unstable, apps will just randomly stop responding and the phone restarts itself and weird intervals. I don't use it for much more than just general web surfing, facebook etc... I want ab high end phone with a large screen like around 6", I was looking at selling this phone and buying a new one with the money like the Nokia Lumia 1520?

Its not just my phone either a friend has the same issues it seems to be a problem with the software.

Can anyone recommend a phone to me to have a look at? iOS is out of the question, I just don't like it but android, windows or anything else I'm willing to have a look at

Thank Post
    Not a recommendation but my S3 was crashing ALL the time. I installed Cyanogenmod 11 and it has been flawless ever since!

Thank Post
    Yeah I did this with my old S3 but it did have problems when using the camera on the phone it wouldn't always work. Plus I don't want to do this to a new phone I'd rather sell it if that was the case But cheers!!

Thank Post
    In terms of recommendations my mrs has the Lumia 1020 and its great!

5. Thanks to fairm010 from:

abillybob (19th March 2014)

Thank Post
    It's not a big enough screen for me though I like around 6" screen and it's not 1080p thats why I was looking at the 1520 but thankyou!!

Thank Post
    I have a iPhone 5 that's my own, and a Nokia 920 for work (also develop Windows Phone apps). I think the "lack of apps" for Windows Phone is slowly becoming a thing of the past, especially with the big named ones.
    I'd suggest the 1520 too. I have hardly any problems with my Nokia (compared the the iPhone!) and I believe the 1520 is the current fastest (in terms of CPU) Nokia available, not that any of the Windows Phones I've handled are slow.
    Windows Phone 8.1 is due to be announced soon (next month?), so you might find something else comes out nearer that time.

8. Thanks to j_the_geek from:

abillybob (19th March 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j_the_geek View Post
    Windows Phone 8.1 is due to be announced soon (next month?), so you might find something else comes out nearer that time.
    Will Windows Phone 8.1 not just be an update though for phones that already have windows phone 8 on them? Thanks for the advice appreciate it!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by abillybob View Post
    Will Windows Phone 8.1 not just be an update though for phones that already have windows phone 8 on them? Thanks for the advice appreciate it!
    It will, but newer devices would of been built to take better advantage of the new features I assume. Screen definition would probably be the main new feature that new WP8.1 phones will 'sell'. I think 8.1 has a wider range of support for varied screen sizes.
    But as you say, it's an update, so current WP8 phones should be fine

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,745 Times in 2,319 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Love my Nokia 920, as said before none of the Windows Phones are really slow or crashy because they have a tight reign on the hardware minimum level and software. As such the 1520 should be really nice, apps wise unless you are 'really' into the latest candy crush button mashers you don't miss out on much of the important stuff.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,090 Times in 1,005 Posts
    No way to roll back to 4.3 then ?

Thank Post
    The Lumia's are nice, but personally the whole tiles thing for windows phones I hate.

The Nexus 5 is really nice, and has an amazing screen in my opinion. And it seems much more robust than my nexus 4...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    No way to roll back to 4.3 then ?
    I can't find a way, Samsung are taking the phone for "repair" though it does mean now I'll be left without a phone for 2 weeks! I use it everyday so not to pleased about this outcome. Can't fault their support though email them and they call you back within 3 hours without fail and are really friendly!

Thank Post
    I can't find a way, Samsung are taking the phone for "repair" though it does mean now I'll be left without a phone for 2 weeks! I use it everyday so not to pleased about this outcome. Can't fault their support though email them and they call you back within 3 hours without fail and are really friendly!

They cant send you a replacement and they can repair and keep the original phone?

Thank Post
    I never asked though when I asked what are my options he didn't state I could do that!

Thank Post
    I never asked though when I asked what are my options he didn't state I could do that!
    Give them a call back n see if thats an option as they are collecting your original one which am guessing is in good condition etc

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast