+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, Umming & Arring on what to do with my Phone in General; @ abillybob : Got a great ROM running on my GS4 called "CarHDROM" absolutely solid as a rock, tried KitKat ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 765 Posts
    @abillybob:

Got a great ROM running on my GS4 called "CarHDROM" absolutely solid as a rock, tried KitKat 4.4.2 and it totally bricked my phone until I rolled back to the one mentioned, has the option when it loads to install all the Galaxy apps but to be honest only use a couple.

Been great since and also has dual boot functionality

Give it a go, nothing to lose eh!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bossman View Post
    @abillybob:

Got a great ROM running on my GS4 called "CarHDROM" absolutely solid as a rock, tried KitKat 4.4.2 and it totally bricked my phone until I rolled back to the one mentioned, has the option when it loads to install all the Galaxy apps but to be honest only use a couple.

Been great since and also has dual boot functionality

Give it a go, nothing to lose eh!
    Can't find an equivalent for the note 3, plus I'll loose S Pen functionality and stuff won't I? Also won't this void my warranty?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,817 Times in 2,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    I'm not keen on Android phones after using my other halfs Samsung
    That's like not buying a VW Golf because you hate Ford Focus'.

Samsung adds a lot of its own customizations and (rubbish) apps to Android. Try a Nexus 5 - or anything else running the latest stock Android - and I reckon you will change your mind.

4. Thanks to Arthur from:

mac_shinobi (20th March 2014)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 997 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    That's like not buying a VW Golf because you hate Ford Focus'.

Samsung adds a lot of its own customizations and (rubbish) apps to Android. Try a Nexus 5 - or anything else running the latest stock Android - and I reckon you will change your mind.
    Maybe being pedantic / splitting hairs ( or whatever ) but I'm saying she has a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I've tried it and I just can't get on with it, maybe so but I would prefer to try it first before I buy or pay out money for it

In the same way you take a car for a test drive before you shell out any money to buy / pay for it

I am basically saying I have taken her phone for a 'Test Drive' and I did not like it.
    Last edited by mac_shinobi; 20th March 2014 at 03:57 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,817 Times in 2,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    I've tried it and I just can't get on with it
    Isn't that more to do with what Samsung has done to Android, than Android itself?

There are so many things you can do to customize Android - like making it look like iOS 7 - that there is almost always a way to fix any niggles you have. However, that's probably a topic for another day.

7. Thanks to Arthur from:

mac_shinobi (20th March 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Isn't that more to do with what Samsung has done to Android, than Android itself?

There are so many things you can do to customize Android - like making it look like iOS 7 - that there is almost always a way to fix any niggles you have. However, that's probably a topic for another day.
    I already have iOS 7 so why would I get an android to then make it look like another OS ? *shrugs*

Im not overly keen on iOS 7 to be fair as they have almost made it like windows where if you don't have a live network ( so wireless connection of some description ) you get a repeated bombardment of message boxes saying you do not have an internet connection blah blah which I hate. If it's not connected then don't do anything and maybe put a message that scrolls along the top or bottom instead of repeatedly getting error message boxes

I miss iOS 6

Only reason I went with apple this time around was due to the 64gb handset ( which is onboard as I don't want to muck about with memory cards )

If google can bring out a Nexus 6 with 64 or 128gb - I may be tempted to try one out in a store ( 02 / vodafone or whoever ) and see what I think
    Last edited by mac_shinobi; 20th March 2014 at 04:21 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 1,465 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Funnily enough, I think iOS 7 is probably their best version of iOS yet. Looks nice, but not sure about its functionality as a whole as it is still majorly locked down compared to WP and Droid.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Funnily enough, I think iOS 7 is probably their best version of iOS yet. Looks nice, but not sure about its functionality as a whole as it is still majorly locked down compared to WP and Droid.
    Don't get me wrong iOS 7 has nice features but its more the fashion or way that they have chosen to display error messages and not just one but a multi-tude of the same or similar message and you have to click ok repeatedly for one error message which is silly

Thank Post
    Just thought I'd add, my friend has similar problems with his S4 after updating to KitKat, it's with the repair centre at present.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123