+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Umming & Arring on what to do with my Phone in General; Originally Posted by mac_shinobi Give them a call back n see if thats an option as they are collecting your ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    Give them a call back n see if thats an option as they are collecting your original one which am guessing is in good condition etc
    Doing it as we speak

2. Thanks to abillybob from:

mac_shinobi (20th March 2014)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    future advice..... find the specific firmware on this site for your phone/network...Firmwares | SamMobile

and download odin and flash the firmware manually.... [27.08.2013 LATEST] Odin 3.09, Odin 1.85 | All versions! | Samsung ROM Flashing Tools - xda-developers

4. Thanks to Tesla from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    future advice..... find the specific firmware on this site for your phone/network...Firmwares | SamMobile

and download odin and flash the firmware manually.... [27.08.2013 LATEST] Odin 3.09, Odin 1.85 | All versions! | Samsung ROM Flashing Tools - xda-developers
    Using Odin apparently voids the warranty so didn't really want to attempt this. @mac_shinobi, no other options available to me unfortunately though may give three a call and see if they can do anything more!

6. Thanks to abillybob from:

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    3 can be a pain as you have to have a 3g enabled phone...so you cant buy a cheap £20 temp phone, as i recall the cheapest 3g enabled phones are about £80, i could be wrong though.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    3 can be a pain as you have to have a 3g enabled phone...so you cant buy a cheap £20 temp phone, as i recall the cheapest 3g enabled phones are about £80, i could be wrong though.
    Ugh great. I did find this post How to fix Android 4.4.2 KitKat problems on the Galaxy Note 3 - AndroidPIT and it seems I am not the only one with issues! There was huge issues when updating the S3 to 4.3 aswell, Samsung really need to get a grip these aren't cheap devices and if they can't even get a simple update right I'm starting to loose all faith in their products, one time is ok, two times gets a bit silly but 3rd try and I start to get Pi***d off!

9. Thanks to abillybob from:

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,052 Times in 973 Posts
    Maybe start buying google aka LG phones ?

Thank Post
    Maybe start buying google aka LG phones ?
    Was actually my first choice at one stage but the 5" screen is too small for me I like big screens as I watch a lot of videos and do some video editing on them and the phone itself even though is very good is too basic. I like the fact I can have Two apps running side by side, the S -Pen for jotting my notes on, good camera, USB 3.0 Technology for fast transfers and real quick charging, I could go on. I use these features all the time and stock android just doesn't have that functionality though is more stable, like the 1520 looks great but not being able to run two apps on the same screen is a huge put off as I've got so used to it, plus it runs on old MicroUSB charging which is slow compared to my Note 3.
    I should have just kept it as 4.3 though even on Sammobile I can't find a UK Three 4.3 version so I'm find of stumped.

Thank Post
    Personally I suggest the phone I have the Nokia Lumia 1520, its a 6 inch screen running on windows. At first I had a few issues with it, but now they seem all to have disappeared. Probably because I know how to use it now :P
    But I went from iPhone 5 to my Nokia and I don't think I'm ever going back, downfall yes there aren't many apps or games. But the size is brilliant and it just works really well and I just love having such a big phone (Sorry phablet) I couldn't have a phone smaller that 5.5 inches now I don't think

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scotyboy56 View Post
    Personally I suggest the phone I have the Nokia Lumia 1520, its a 6 inch screen running on windows. At first I had a few issues with it, but now they seem all to have disappeared. Probably because I know how to use it now :P
    But I went from iPhone 5 to my Nokia and I don't think I'm ever going back, downfall yes there aren't many apps or games. But the size is brilliant and it just works really well and I just love having such a big phone (Sorry phablet) I couldn't have a phone smaller that 5.5 inches now I don't think
    Hey Scot, long time no speak!!! Yeah I totally agree, now I have a big screen I never want it to go haha nothing less than 5.5" for me too (as long as we are talking about phones still)! The 1520 would be my only other choice but due to the lack of some of the features my note 3 has like some of the things listed above I'd miss them all too much, may wait until Nokia bring our the new 1520 equivalent and then look at changing

Thank Post
    Airplay to my HD Telly - does that count lol

Thank Post
    Meh got that with my Samsung....

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by abillybob View Post
    Hey Scot, long time no speak!!! Yeah I totally agree, now I have a big screen I never want it to go haha nothing less than 5.5" for me too (as long as we are talking about phones still)! The 1520 would be my only other choice but due to the lack of some of the features my note 3 has like some of the things listed above I'd miss them all too much, may wait until Nokia bring our the new 1520 equivalent and then look at changing
    Hey mate I know :P hope its going okay at work now

Haha yes defo talking about phones still :P but ye just can't stand doing stuff on peoples iphones now adays as they are so small
    I think it might be a while till they bring out an equivalent as the 1520 has some amazing specs and its just a beast of a phone :P
    But it does lack lots of features but I have noticed it has a lot of nice features that I haven't noticed on android or iPhone.

Thank Post
    There's a cool thing with windows phone where you can automatically share your screen to any internet enabled device by either scanning the QR code on the phone or by going to a specific website. This isn't constricted by your personal network either

18. Thanks to scotyboy56 from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by abillybob View Post
    Meh got that with my Samsung....
    I'm not keen on android phones after using my other halfs Samsung, think that will be me sticking with iOS, just need to get an apple tv so I can do airplay etc

Thank Post
    I'm not keen on android phones after using my other halfs Samsung, think that will be me sticking with iOS, just need to get an apple tv so I can do airplay etc
    Fair enough everyone has their own likes and dislikes The Apple TV airplay feature is very good!

21. Thanks to abillybob from:

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast