+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
General Chat Thread, My SSD is being delivered by YODEL, Oh God Help Me! in General; ARGH don't get me started on YODEL I might have a meltdown. Clothing parcels left under the car in the ...

Thank Post
    ARGH don't get me started on YODEL I might have a meltdown. Clothing parcels left under the car in the rain, blatant LIES about having 'attempted to deliver' when the business is 24hours, parcels going missing and ending up being marked as 'delivered' when they're not... I could go on.

That being said, recently I had two orders come via Yodel and I expected the worst on both occasions and was.... mildly surprised. On both occasions the parcels actually TURNED UP, undamaged contents. Admittedly I'd have liked them to have arrived earlier in the day as 30 minutes before I was due to leave for the day WAS cutting it a bit fine but otherwise the delivery was okay. Some depots are worse than others. The 'Eastleigh' centre seems to be better than the 'Southampton' one. I still prefer DPD as they give you an actual time slot but in honesty I cannot say that my two most recent YODEL deliveries were bad so perhaps the Amazon takeover has fomented change?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garacesh View Post
    At least others have joined in

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AMLightfoot View Post
    I cannot say that my two most recent YODEL deliveries were bad so perhaps the Amazon takeover has fomented change?
    Afraid not, Mme LeMarchand waited in yesterday for a couple of "next day" eBuyer deliveries that showed as "out for delivery" from 0900h. They never showed. Does anyone know if you can just rock up at the depot and claim parcels? I go past our local one at around 1730h most nights.

DPD texted this morning offering to deliver a mystery parcel today. I requested (and got a confirmation for) tomorrow and an hour later had another notice that they were delivering at lunchtime today. Luckily Mme LeMarchand is back from town! We shall see if they turn up on time...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LeMarchand View Post
    Afraid not, Mme LeMarchand waited in yesterday for a couple of "next day" eBuyer deliveries that showed as "out for delivery" from 0900h. They never showed. Does anyone know if you can just rock up at the depot and claim parcels? I go past our local one at around 1730h most nights.

DPD texted this morning offering to deliver a mystery parcel today. I requested (and got a confirmation for) tomorrow and an hour later had another notice that they were delivering at lunchtime today. Luckily Mme LeMarchand is back from town! We shall see if they turn up on time...
    You can't. I tried this. You have to give them 24 hours notice (which is ludicrous IMO) and take a whole bunch of identity documents. Interesting re: DPD - given that you requested tomorrow I'd expect the parcel to turn up tomorrow - the one about lunchtime today was probably an automatic one that has been superseded by your request.

Perhaps if YODEL fail to deliver a parcel within the delivery window you've specified it gets passed to DPD? Maybe? Either way I'd still be onto EBuyer for a delivery refund and a good solid moan.

Thank Post
    I feel sorry for the staff, mostly self employed like mums etc and they're actively told to throw parcels over walls etc as its more secure than leaving on the doorstep - with training like that you're never going to get far really.

Cost is the big problem it's really unsustainably cheap to deliver the parcels, retailers love it as it saves them money. With a "normal" courier they'd keep hold of it and put it out for delivery the next day, Yodel lot being self employed don't want to do that as it means going back to the depot which they don't get paid for and all of that stuff. TBH if it's me then i'll not buy from a retailer if they're using Yodel etc, having said that i've never had a problem but then again it's because I live in the middle of nowhere and the old boy that does it is the same guy that does all the catalogues like Littlewoods and he's really helpful and nice.

Guess it just depends on who your local guy turns out to be and how CS orientated they are

Thank Post
    YODEL are the WORST delivery company in existence!!!! Every delivery I have had that used them either didn't get delivered or went to the wrong address (I live in a small area with 6 houses - how do you not find the right one?????)

I've complained before to both Yodel and the company who used them - nothing. No apology or explanation.

Avoid like the plague!!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by themightymrp View Post
    YODEL are the WORST delivery company in existence!!!! Every delivery I have had that used them either didn't get delivered or went to the wrong address (I live in a small area with 6 houses - how do you not find the right one?????)

I've complained before to both Yodel and the company who used them - nothing. No apology or explanation.

Avoid like the plague!!
    I agree with this whole-heartedly, however in the interests of fairness and honesty I have to report no issues with my two most recent YODEL deliveries. That is not to say that previous deliveries haven't been appalling. A key decision factor in maintaining my Amazon Prime membership is the fact that 90% of Amazon Prime parcels go via Royal Mail or DPD and NOT YODEL and I, too, will avoid a company that uses YODEL as their courier - often at increased cost to myself. My neighbour drives for YODEL and I agree that the business model fosters a culture of shoddy service but all the time they continue to win contracts despite scathing customer reviews nothing will change.

I believe YODEL are starting to support the 'Designated drop off/pick up point' in the same way that HERMES do. I'd hazard a guess that having a parcel delivered to your local Co-Op is likely to be more reliable than a home or business delivery.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AMLightfoot View Post
    Perhaps if YODEL fail to deliver a parcel within the delivery window you've specified it gets passed to DPD? Maybe? Either way I'd still be onto EBuyer for a delivery refund and a good solid moan.
    I think the DPD one may be something separate. I've ordered a bunch of stuff of late (new PC build @ home) and ordered something through Flubit (not yet decided if the service is any good) and I can't seem find anything more on their site beyond that it's "dispatched". DPD say from Brum, so almost certainly not eBuyer.

I plan on moaning to eBuyer, especially as Yodel are now claiming they called/left card at 1000h yesterday, but no delivery refund as I seem to be having free delivery on everything "this month only" for the last few months. Just as well, as their site timed out and put my fan order back down to one, necessitating a £9 item order.

Thank Post
    Well DPD have delivered. On time, called first, and turned up in a DPD van and uniform + was very professional.

Yodel turned up in in his car, and lightly knocked the door rather than using the bell. He had 1 parcel (the one due for delivery today) of the 3. I guess yesterday's delivery could be with a different driver...

Thank Post
    Only ever had something delivered by Yodel once and it seemed alright, are they really that bad?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arreks View Post
    Only ever had something delivered by Yodel once and it seemed alright, are they really that bad?
    You know when you leave strawberry yogurt in the hot sun and it goes all nasty in the bottom of the pot..... that's yodel.

12. 2 Thanks to abillybob:

Garacesh (17th July 2014), mac_shinobi (17th July 2014)

SJA

Thank Post
    We have been ordering from Ebuyer until recently. A Yodel delivery was botched and failed. Various issues, including trying to deliver to us at 9pm.

Under no circumstances will we place any more orders with Ebuyer while they use Yodel (unless they improve considerably)!
    Last edited by SJA; 17th July 2014 at 01:31 PM.

Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    Weirdest courier experience I have had is when I was fiddling about out the front of the house when a beat up old Transit screeched into the drive at 45 degrees, the driver hurled a parcel out the window, floored it, screeching off again, narrowly missing a car, mounting the path and escaping through my neighbour's garden!

Stood there open mouthed, then wondered if he had just thrown a bomb at me.
    Im sorry... ive just read this... and I cant stop laughing. Old post.... but fudging hilarious!!!

15. Thanks to Sunnyknight from:

mac_shinobi (17th July 2014)

Thank Post
    I should update this actually as some of you are aware I've ordered a bunch of parts from eBuyer, the lot came except for the motherboard delivered by Yodel.... Perfectly fine and the bloke was very pleasant, called up eBuyer to see when they're shipping out my Motherboard they apologised and shipped it to me next day, NO BOX around it or anything they just use the standard Asus Box as shipping and it was pushed through my letter box all torn into pieces again by Yodel and eBuyer (both are at fault) I was not impressed.

Seems Amazon's own delivery service "Amazon Logistics" is even worse though, these are also self employed.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/forum/amazon...TxD78NRSUP1DRD

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,994 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abillybob View Post
    Seems Amazon's own delivery service "Amazon Logistics" is even worse though, these are also self employed.
    Amazon own 4.2% of Yodel.
    Last edited by Arthur; 17th July 2014 at 02:29 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information