+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Time Keeping ? have to clock in out and for dinner ! after single status Do/Dont you in General; Originally Posted by localzuk Saying for you not to do remote work or work late sometimes (the after 7pm stuff) ...

hey hey hey, stay outta my shed. STAY OUT OF MY SHED.
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Saying for you not to do remote work or work late sometimes (the after 7pm stuff) seems like they're obsessed with finance rather than outcomes.
    Actually, I was wondering if the council were having problems with people working outside of normal hours and the working time directive. From that point of view, if they're having issues already then keeping hours worked down to a reasonable level could very well be deemed more important than network uptime.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,596 Times in 2,014 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    Actually, I was wondering if the council were having problems with people working outside of normal hours and the working time directive. From that point of view, if they're having issues already then keeping hours worked down to a reasonable level could very well be deemed more important than network uptime.
    The working time directive isn't there to stop people working, its to stop organisations making people work more than the legal amount. A person can hand in a statement saying they want to work more than the limit and that covers everyone. The working time directive only covers people working too many hours *averaged* over 17 weeks. So, if its sporadic, its highly unlikely that the limit being being broken. If the council has found workers voluntarily working more hours than they are legally allowed to, they are allowed to ask them to sign an opt-out (eg. do you want to work these extra hours? If so, do you want to sign a form saying you opt-out of the limit. If you don't, we're going to have to ask you to limit your hours to 48 hours a week.)

hey hey hey, stay outta my shed. STAY OUT OF MY SHED.
    Thank Post
    Yeah. I'm aware of that. But this might be a choice on how to handle things on their part. I'm not saying it's a good choice and I'm certainly not saying this is directed at the OP, but they may have a problem and applying something like this to everyone from high is an approach they may have chosen.

Thank Post
    lol I don't know whether to cry or laugh , I know I shouldn't but I just logged on the remote and found that backups haven't ran on our domain server , it looks like some locked files caused them to fail (we run NAS then Tape and both have failed) .
    Normally I would just schedule a scandisk on reboot, reboot it it log back in an hour and set the backups running again, so it would all be fine for the morning ,

but no I’ll wait till the morning ha!
    I feel a BOFH session coming on

Stef

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12