+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, A way to display results for teams live on big screen from second input screen? in General; Hmm, wasn't sure how to give this a title. We are having a maths competition in a couple of weeks ...
    Thank Post

A way to display results for teams live on big screen from second input screen?

Hmm, wasn't sure how to give this a title. We are having a maths competition in a couple of weeks time and we are trying to figure out the best way to graphically display results in real time as the quiz happens.
    So we are looking at something like a spreadsheet or similar that a teacher will update as teams score points that will then show bar charts or something else graphical on a projected screen?
    My over complicated thought was a webpage showing the results with a backend for the teacher to update.
    But I can't make that!
    Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,168 Times in 797 Posts
    When you say you can't write a web front/back end, is the problem you don't do any coding or just not enough to write something that complex?

If the former latter, you could use StatHat: StatHat - Awesome custom stat tracking tool.

Set up a free account, have the stat page running on your second screen. Teacher's screen is a basic HTML/JS page with buttons to add points to a team. The StatHat API looks very simple to use...

NOTE: I haven't used StatHat myself but the example given on the homepage looks like you could get this set up in minutes, YMMV
    Last edited by LosOjos; 26th February 2014 at 01:16 PM. Reason: I meant the latter, not the former

3. Thanks to LosOjos from:

reggiep (26th February 2014)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread