+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, What Car have you got? in General; ewwww, you'd like an auto?...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,046 Times in 803 Posts
    Blog Entries
    ewwww, you'd like an auto?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    My first real car (we never talk about the Clio...) was a bright red Honda Civic (J reg) automatic. Loved it!

My dream car....

Japanesse, Hatchback, desiel, automatic, powered steering, parking sensors, cruise control, self parking - you get the picture. Maybe what I really want is an oriental chauffeur on less than minimum wage?
    Last edited by tmcd35; 25th February 2014 at 08:23 AM.

3. Thanks to tmcd35 from:

VeryPC_Colin_M (25th February 2014)

Thank Post
    BMW Z3, 2001 model, 'X' plate, British Racing Green (BMW call it Forest Green, but it's BRG, really), beige leather interior, just a tad under 60,000 on the clock.

Used for:

1. Fun

2. That's it, there is no 2.

Completely impractical for anything other than fun, as I found out when I moved house last year.

Grandboys are getting bigger and want to start coming out places with me, so I have to sell it this year-ish for something more 'Grandad' like.......any suggestions that I can immediately dis-count?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    Maybe what I really want is an oriental chauffeur on less than minimum wage?

Hang on - You mean you're supposed to PAY them??

6. Thanks to Gatt from:

tmcd35 (25th February 2014)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I have a Y reg 2001 Golf SE with a 1.6l 16v engine. It has just over 100000 miles on the clock. It has a noisy exhaust and I think one of the wheel bearings might be on its way out but other than that I love it and I have no plans to replace it any time soon.

Compared to the POS Focus Zetec that it replaced, it's driving nirvana

Thank Post
    a nissan pixo (sky blue) 1L engine got back last year and the previous owner was the show room

Thank Post
    My Winter hack is a Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD. When the salt is off the road, I can be found in a either a Citroen GSA 1.3, Citroen XM 2.1 TD VSX or a Peugeot 605 2.1TD SRDT. I like my French barges!

Thank Post
    My "Family taxi" is my trusty 2000/2001 Astra 1.6 8 valver auto. Club spec, so PAS, E/W etc. Simple, comfy, £1900 5 years ago, so owes me nothing. It gets used and abused, filled with kids things and muddy clothes/boots/hay bales. 90k on the clocks now, 55k when bought, second owner, FSH, ex motability. Love it. Love the 8 valve lump too..nice and torquey, cheap to maintain and reliable proven design.

Backup family wagon is a W reg Fabia Classic 1.4MPi - skoda engine, the rest is VAG. 104k on the clocks, hewn from granite and about as indestructible. The engine is chain driven, not belt..so while it may rattle a bit (and I have a whole new timing kit for it at some point), it's going to run forever. Goes well now I've junked the extremely restrictive stock induction system..heh. Missus loves it, it grows on me too...VRS DSG..tempting...

Thank Post
    I traded in my Skoda Fabia Sport 1.9TDI just after Christmas - it was far to tight in the back for the kids. It was a really good car though - nippy and could still do 50-55mpg. Stuck to corners pretty well with it's low profile wider tyres.

Got myself a Nissan Qashqai 2.0 DCI with the 4x4. I know it's a soft roader / cross over but I saved you all from a snowy February as a result. A few tanks in it's returning about 40mpg at the moment. Much better for the family.

Thank Post
    I've got an 06 Mondeo Hatch 2.0TDCi 130.

It's my daily driver, the family weekend-mobile and (the main point of having it) the tug for our caravan.

Only had it since September and it's been quite good so far, although cost me about £400 as soon as I got it for service, two tyres and a wheel and is about to cost me £550 for aux belt tensioner and pulleys which rattle and bang like crazy at idle currently :-(

And being a Mondeo TDCi at 75k ish, it's bound to cost me £££ for injectors and DMF at some point.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Oaktech View Post
    My H reg Fiesta 1.4 was awesome. I agree they are going down hill, my friends mum has a newish (12 plate) one and it's just not that nice. for a small car it's pretty big, and despite an excellent NCAP rating it appears to be externally made of tinfoil. It's also been plagued with small annoyances that have seen it back to Ford on dozens of occasions. For the first few months she had the dealers courtesy KA more than she had her own car! I drove it the other day and i'm sure the gearbox is going. It's done 40,000 miles!

She's looking to get a brand new Kia Ceed the second the warranty expires.
    Fiesta #3 - a gorgeous black 1999 T plater was one of the best cars Ive ever owned - I had it almost 10 years and it barely missed a beat. I was heartbroken when I took it in for a broken spring to be replaced and to get a phone call from the garage that the underneath was completely rotten. There was no structural strength left to jack onto, and repairs were going to cost more than the car was worth.

I did get £750 trade in for it though!

Thank Post
    I'd have agreed with you until I bought one! Most of my drive was a bumper to bumper crawl up the m-way to and from work. The auto box was a god-send! Still goes like a bat on acid if you wellie it! (Accepted - not as "connected" a drive)

Thank Post
    13' Audi A1 S-Line. LOVE it. Had it a year in June..

Thank Post
    Ford Focus Estate - General commuting and lugging large amounts of nothing, unless I have to ;-)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibiru View Post
    Im on my 4th Ford Fiesta in 25 years - and this one will be the last one as Im not impressed with the build quality of this one.

And its one of those cars thats fated to get bumped & scraped.

The first 3 Fiesta had barely a scratch on them - some rust but few dings in the bodywork.

This pos - only had it 2 days and a plastic barrel blew down the road in a storm and smacked into the back of it just below the window. 2 inches higher and I would have been looking at a new window rather than a big ding in the metalwork.

Since then its been bumped in the Tesco car park at least twice.

When I can decide what I want next its going because I loathe this one!
    would that be the current (or pre facelift current) fiesta? I had a few as courtesy cars and just diddnt like any of them (though dad likes his). Had a couple of fiestas over the years and really regret getting rid of my 2001 zetec s (id put pictures up but nobody else has lol)

having driven autos (rover and vauxhall mainly but the odd bimmer) i hate them awful hateful things the kickdown usually kicked down at about the point when it was useless and i just diddnt get on with them

currently driving a 61 plate yellow and black ds3 dsport+. So far no issues other than a recal and the rear brakes are sticking a bit but im 90% sure thats the wet weather and the fact i barely use the brakes

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast