+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Ways to stay stimulated and happy in the office? in General; Hi guys, Just a question thread really. But first a bit of back story. Every morning I wake up at ...

Thank Post

Ways to stay stimulated and happy in the office?

Hi guys,

Just a question thread really. But first a bit of back story.

Every morning I wake up at 8:10-8:20am, shower and am ready by 8:45 which is when I leave for work. I however find that between 9-12 I am lacking in energy and depending on the task, I lack motivation. I was wondering what breakfasts or foods I Can have to healthily keep myself going are?

Thank Post
    Personally, I'd look at getting up earlier and go for a brisk walk for half an hour, or go for a run. For breakfast, porridge or things with some protein such as eggs, nuts, ham etc, avoid sugary cereals.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8:10!! Really!!!
    I envy you. Have children, then you will see that 7 am is a lie-in!!
    Seriously though, can I ask how old you are, and at what time you go to bed? I have found that cycling into work is a great way to get your body awake for work.

4. Thanks to Dos_Box from:

nephilim (24th February 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradlys View Post
    Ways to stay stimulated and happy in the office?
    Wonders how long before the inevitable NSFW comments start....

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradlys View Post
    Every morning I wake up at 8:10-8:20am
    You live / work in Herne Bay - you could get up earlier and go for a swim in the morning.

Thank Post
    Coffee works for me!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,403 Times in 1,691 Posts
    Your problem is, I think , that you must rush up and out with no breakfast or anything and your body, having been shocked awake and given no nutrition, then falls into a bit of an energy dip.
    You need breakfast and time to eat it. Even if you got up a little bit earlier, say 7.45, you would have time to eat something. If you are the sort of person who really can't face food that soon after getting up, maybe take porridge sachets to work to eat as soon as you are able? Nuts are a great source of protein too. Fresh fruit would add lots of vitamins.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Your problem is, I think , that you must rush up and out with no breakfast or anything and your body, having been shocked awake and given no nutrition, then falls into a bit of an energy dip.
    You need breakfast and time to eat it. Even if you got up a little bit earlier, say 7.45, you would have time to eat something. If you are the sort of person who really can't face food that soon after getting up, maybe take porridge sachets to work to eat as soon as you are able? Nuts are a great source of protein too. Fresh fruit would add lots of vitamins.
    I have a fruit blender, but I struggle to get the consistency right, that and I mix weird stuff up o.o

I'l try the nuts thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by joe90bass View Post
    Coffee works for me!
    I might have a coffee before work

Quote Originally Posted by dhicks View Post
    You live / work in Herne Bay - you could get up earlier and go for a swim in the morning.
    Moved to Ramsgate 4 months ago, in my own flat now... should update my profile

Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    Wonders how long before the inevitable NSFW comments start....

What have I done?

Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box View Post
    8:10!! Really!!!
    I envy you. Have children, then you will see that 7 am is a lie-in!!
    Seriously though, can I ask how old you are, and at what time you go to bed? I have found that cycling into work is a great way to get your body awake for work.
    I don't want children yet ;.; I'm 20 years old

Quote Originally Posted by teejay View Post
    Personally, I'd look at getting up earlier and go for a brisk walk for half an hour, or go for a run. For breakfast, porridge or things with some protein such as eggs, nuts, ham etc, avoid sugary cereals.
    Thinking about maybe the breakfast bars, I don't like eating in the mornings because it makes me feel sick, so I'l give them a go

Thank Post
    I used to feel like i didn't want to eat in the mornings but if you force yourself for a just a week or two you will find that you wake up hungry and its a lot easier, its just getting your body started in that routine.

Thank Post
    If eating breakfast makes you feel ill, chances are you have an intolerance to something you're eating. If you are trying normal breakfast cereals with milk then you could well have a lactose (found in milk) or wheat intolerance. I would try starting off with a handful of nuts and berries and then maybe try porridge made with water etc. I would avoid processed food like cereal bars, they really won't help.

Thank Post
    I found a new job changed my motivation.

Also I am very social towards the caretakers/site manager and have coffee with them just to lighten my mood.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,451 Times in 998 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I very rarely eat breakfast in the morning - takes a couple of hours for me to feel hungry after waking up (I'm a slow riser, kids get dealt with by my autopilot).

I have a banana about 10am with a couple of biscuits to dunk in my tea, keeps me going till lunch just nicely.

The rhythm of lessons makes it easier as well, a bell going off every hour and thinking "oh, end of Period 2 already" breaks up the long stretches of time.

Thank Post
    How do I deal with distraction? Well, I have a ping pong ball in my office. Trying to bounce it into a distant cup has put a complete end to my wasting time trying to flick elastic bands onto a nail sticking out of the wall. Works a treat.

Thank Post
    I no longer need an alarm clock as the boy wakes us here at 5:50am most mornings like clockwork, what I would say, is always have a decent breakfast, I was always one for skipping it entirely, but now I see how much of a difference it can make to your day, I knock away some probiotic yoghurt and muesli every morning before work and it keeps me going until lunchtime here and beyond if its particularly busy.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mthomas08 View Post
    I found a new job changed my motivation.

Also I am very social towards the caretakers/site manager and have coffee with them just to lighten my mood.
    I'll do that during the hols. Take longer breaks but still get lots done.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast