+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32
General Chat Thread, Ways to stay stimulated and happy in the office? in General; Originally Posted by mthomas08 I found a new job changed my motivation. Also I am very social towards the caretakers/site ...
  1. #16
    fairm010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    C:/Windows/System32/
    Posts
    1,244
    Thank Post
    49
    Thanked 161 Times in 142 Posts
    Rep Power
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by mthomas08 View Post
    I found a new job changed my motivation.

    Also I am very social towards the caretakers/site manager and have coffee with them just to lighten my mood.
    This. I get to work at 7, have coffee and something to eat with the site manager then crack on for the day at 8.30. Plenty of time to wake up and get going.

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Herne Bay
    Posts
    254
    Thank Post
    56
    Thanked 41 Times in 33 Posts
    Rep Power
    15
    Feeling better after waking up earlier. Sleeping pattern isn't all there so I'm getting about 5 hours sleep a night but I feel good during the day Most productive day ever today

  3. #18


    AMLightfoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hampshire, England
    Posts
    2,238
    Thank Post
    387
    Thanked 661 Times in 413 Posts
    Rep Power
    272
    I can't bear to eat when I've just got up so I usually get up at 7, leave the house at around 8 and then eat breakfast at my desk (Shredded Wheat with Lactofree Whole milk and Splenda). This usually tides me over until around 11 when I'll have an Alpen Light Cereal bar, then lunch at 1, then the usual afternoon slump tends to hit me between 3 and 4 so it's time for a Cadbury Highlights or Twinings fruit tea and a wander in the sub-arctic environment of the Support office (they like to grow icicles from the air con vents) then home at 5, dinner around 6.30.

  4. #19
    DSapseid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    1,152
    Thank Post
    130
    Thanked 54 Times in 47 Posts
    Rep Power
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradlys View Post

    Moved to Ramsgate 4 months ago

    Go for a nice walk along the seafront through dumpton bay towards viking bay in broadstairs. My parents live in broadstairs and i love walking along the beach when down there and popping into my sisters restaurant on the seafront.

    I have a drawer in my desk full of porridge pots (75p each in asda) and have one most mornings as you just add hot water, sets me up for the day. I also have to have the radio on otherwise i cant concentrate, dont have it on loud just on 30 on my pc just to take away the quietness, dont even here it half the time but it takes away the silence and keeps me focused on the task at hand.

  5. #20
    CAM
    CAM is online now

    CAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Burgh Heath, Surrey
    Posts
    4,228
    Thank Post
    847
    Thanked 381 Times in 295 Posts
    Blog Entries
    60
    Rep Power
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradlys View Post
    Feeling better after waking up earlier. Sleeping pattern isn't all there so I'm getting about 5 hours sleep a night but I feel good during the day Most productive day ever today
    I think you just answered your question. Get off the PC and get more sleep!

    (I say this from experience after realising BF4 stints until midnight with a 6am start were a bad idea...)

  6. #21

    glennda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sussex
    Posts
    7,817
    Thank Post
    272
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Rep Power
    350
    I used to have this - I now get up at 6:15 and go to the gym for an hour - then home shower and get breakfast in me at work (around 8:45/9) this this keeps me awake until mid afternoon!

  7. #22
    Griff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    519
    Thank Post
    204
    Thanked 95 Times in 77 Posts
    Rep Power
    38
    I go for a mid morning walk around the school pop into some of the ICT suites see what the kids are up to they show me cool stuff then I head back to the office and grind on

  8. #23


    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,463
    Thank Post
    1,462
    Thanked 891 Times in 572 Posts
    Rep Power
    647
    @Bradlys have they still got that circuit training course around the park? A few circuits would set you up fine.

  9. #24
    MrMat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Solihull
    Posts
    171
    Thank Post
    18
    Thanked 38 Times in 28 Posts
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by glennda View Post
    I used to have this - I now get up at 6:15 and go to the gym for an hour - then home shower and get breakfast in me at work (around 8:45/9) this this keeps me awake until mid afternoon!
    This!

    Gym, Gym, Gym, Gym! Or at least some sort of exercise as others have suggested.

    I'm 24, no kids etc and I used to really struggle as well but forcing myself to get up and hit the gym before work has really helped. I get up at about 7, gf drops me at gym for 7:30ish, gym for about 1 hour and then walk to work, quick shower at work (we are fortunate enough to have onsite facilities) and be at my desk wide-eyed and ready to go for 9.

    Honestly, I can't recommend morning exercise enough!

  10. #25

    abillybob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    2,895
    Thank Post
    363
    Thanked 378 Times in 269 Posts
    Rep Power
    232
    I was on Rust yesterday from 1pm until 12.30am, then went to bed as I needed to get up at 7! My brain was that stimulated I tossed and turned for around an hour and a half until I finally dropped off to bed! I'm perfectly fine, I do this regularly on a day to day basis maybe I'm a super human
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    I think you just answered your question. Get off the PC and get more sleep!

    (I say this from experience after realising BF4 stints until midnight with a 6am start were a bad idea...)

  11. #26
    hardtailstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,854
    Thank Post
    571
    Thanked 246 Times in 215 Posts
    Rep Power
    60
    Drink plenty of water too!

    I try to drink a pint before work, usually works for me.

  12. #27

    nephilim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dunstable
    Posts
    12,182
    Thank Post
    1,651
    Thanked 1,973 Times in 1,445 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    443
    Have a desk like this?

  13. #28
    Griff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    519
    Thank Post
    204
    Thanked 95 Times in 77 Posts
    Rep Power
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtailstar View Post
    Drink plenty of water too!

    I try to drink a pint before work, usually works for me.
    I like a pint before work....

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Herne Bay
    Posts
    254
    Thank Post
    56
    Thanked 41 Times in 33 Posts
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Have a desk like this?
    No where near as cool

    Quote Originally Posted by alexbillbridgnorth View Post
    I was on Rust yesterday from 1pm until 12.30am, then went to bed as I needed to get up at 7! My brain was that stimulated I tossed and turned for around an hour and a half until I finally dropped off to bed! I'm perfectly fine, I do this regularly on a day to day basis maybe I'm a super human
    Sounds like me :|

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMat View Post
    This!

    Gym, Gym, Gym, Gym! Or at least some sort of exercise as others have suggested.

    I'm 24, no kids etc and I used to really struggle as well but forcing myself to get up and hit the gym before work has really helped. I get up at about 7, gf drops me at gym for 7:30ish, gym for about 1 hour and then walk to work, quick shower at work (we are fortunate enough to have onsite facilities) and be at my desk wide-eyed and ready to go for 9.

    Honestly, I can't recommend morning exercise enough!
    I lack motivation and a work shower... I need a kick up the arse

    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    @Bradlys have they still got that circuit training course around the park? A few circuits would set you up fine.
    There's a park near me?

  15. #30
    Alkaline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    256
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 26 Times in 23 Posts
    Rep Power
    11
    American Jellybeans

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26th May 2013, 01:27 PM
  2. Replies: 72
    Last Post: 3rd March 2013, 02:44 PM
  3. A+ and N+ in the Exam Can you??
    By EduTech in forum Courses and Training
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13th May 2008, 06:45 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22nd July 2007, 04:31 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •