+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Apple iPhone in General; Got to have a play with the iphone this weekend ( one of my brother-in-laws is a mad die-hard apple-fanboy ...

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,341 Times in 740 Posts
    Blog Entries

Apple iPhone

Got to have a play with the iphone this weekend ( one of my brother-in-laws is a mad die-hard apple-fanboy and he bought his up to show it off ) so after an hour of fiddling with it I'm not impressed by it.

It's too small. Sorry, but carrying around something the size of Steve Jobs' penis is a no no. For that sort of money I'd expect something at least 50% bigger.

I found the screen unresponsive at times - stabbing at it with my sausage-like fingers would sometimes have no effect at all and it was a frustrating web-browsing experience. In comparison, I whipped out my Palm T|X and was surfing the net much faster than my bro-in-law as we went head-to-head on getting to certain sites. Granted, I can only use my Palm T|X where there's wifi, but the use of the net was much quicker.

The other thing that turned me off was the fact that when the battery got to a low level - I think it was about 25% capacity - the Internet became a no no and surfing was impossible.

I'm going to spend my money on something else Mr. Jobs.

Thank Post

Re: Apple iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy
    Got to have a play with the iphone this weekend ( one of my brother-in-laws is a mad die-hard apple-fanboy and he bought his up to show it off ) so after an hour of fiddling with it I'm not impressed by it.

It's too small. Sorry, but carrying around something the size of Steve Jobs' penis is a no no. For that sort of money I'd expect something at least 50% bigger.

I found the screen unresponsive at times - stabbing at it with my sausage-like fingers would sometimes have no effect at all and it was a frustrating web-browsing experience. In comparison, I whipped out my Palm T|X and was surfing the net much faster than my bro-in-law as we went head-to-head on getting to certain sites. Granted, I can only use my Palm T|X where there's wifi, but the use of the net was much quicker.

The other thing that turned me off was the fact that when the battery got to a low level - I think it was about 25% capacity - the Internet became a no no and surfing was impossible.

I'm going to spend my money on something else Mr. Jobs.
    Wait for iphone 2.0...hopefully they'll sort out the 3G issue, cost and insistence on using a single carrier.

In defence of the iphone you're palm doesn't have the most advanced web browser. Although it can operate in landscape it can't format full sized web pages and offer the ability to zoom in on certain areas of page. The one thing Apple have got right is the safari browser which is the future of mobile web browsing. Shame the input method can't match the brilliance of safari.

Better off with the LG viewty which seems to be a more agreeable value proposition than the iphone, is available on T-mobiles very excellent web'n'walk, and comes with opera mini. Yay!!

Thank Post

Hate to say it but the touch screen doesn't appeal to me at all, got annoyed with it after a little while, needs tactile feedback on it.

Thank Post

I set one of these up for a private customer just recently, after she had spent 7 hours trying to do it! It didn't take too long to connect her WiFi, and set up her itunes (without the album covers because she didn't have an itunes account) I agree the screen is sometimes unresponsive which slows things up.
    Lovely toy, but not for me. Although I don't want nor need the internet or email facility, I'm next to a PC at least 22 hours a day, the camera is dreadful and there is no word, excel or powerpoint equivalent on it. 8Gb is going to be filled up pretty quick with music and 16Gb is not much better. Also no smartcard or similar slot. Lot of money for a pretty toy as well.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,236 Times in 784 Posts
    Blog Entries

I have to say personally I really like them.

The interface is fantastic - and they do look amazing

I've used a touch screen phone for months -a HTC touch - and you get used to it

as has been said, I'd still wait for 2.0 version though. Its just a little bit too much money and it needs the extra features

PEO
    Thank Post

I have the LG Viewty. million times better than the iphone imo

Thank Post

The only experience I've had with them is in an O2 shop, but I have to say I was blown away.

Sure, it might be lacking all the functionality of your N95s etc, but the UI is lightyears ahead of the competition. The fluidity of the menus, the multi-touch resizing, the flipping and scrolling - it's all just so intuitive.

The very first time I picked it up I went into the SMS composer and instantly rattled out "A quick brown fox... ..." quicker than I could do via T9 on my 6230. I can only wonder at how much quicker typing would be with experience. And the lack of tactility didn't bother me a bit - the classic iPod 'click' sound is more than adequate.

Couple these with the most amazing screen I've seen on a handheld device it's a winner for me. Makes me wish I was on O2. The moment they put 3G in it I will be.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,067 Times in 624 Posts

What do you expect from this over priced piece of junk ?
    Anything with 'Apple' on it is nothing more than a bit of eye candy rubbish.

Thank Post

I'd give two iPhones for my mates N95, god damn that's a sexy mobile

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by mattx
    What do you expect from this over priced piece of junk ?
    Anything with 'Apple' on it is nothing more than a bit of eye candy rubbish.
    A well reasoned arguement you have there.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,067 Times in 624 Posts

A well reasoned arguement you have there.
    Thanks. I like to think I know my stuff.

Thank Post

i played with one in the o2 store.was impressed but the one thing that annoyed me was when viewing a web page and you want to scroll down you have to scroll up with your finger where as im used to scrolling down just wondered why its the wrong way round!!!

mark

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,236 Times in 784 Posts
    Blog Entries

N95 -wheres the touch screen?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

What do you need a touchscreen for? :? The best thing about the Nokia is that it has buttons.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Domino
    N95 -wheres the touch screen?
    Where's the tactile feedback on the iPhone? I hate touch screens but would consider getting one of they did something like that.

I don't see a problem with buttons though..

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast