+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
General Chat Thread, What a great time it is at the moment to be a PC Gamer :) in General; Hey Guys Really happy lately with some of the games that have come out on steam, Dayz, NFS, Metal Gear ...

Thank Post

What a great time it is at the moment to be a PC Gamer :)

Hey Guys

Really happy lately with some of the games that have come out on steam, Dayz, NFS, Metal Gear Rising (AWESOME), Broken Age, need I go on? I have also just ordered Guitar Hero 3 for a bit of fun has been delivered today so excited to get my bum home and play this, I had it before on Nintendo Wii and loved it but apparently you can add your own songs to it using some kind of control panel, me things imagine dragon radioactive....

One thing I am upset about though is the lack of Grand Theft Auto 5 and Rockstar still haven't announced it I'd love to play it but refuse to play it on a console after watching my little brother play it on his PS3. I like graphical and beautiful games and on a PS3 it's not great not even full 1080p so I am waiting and hoping!!

I'm intrigued (if that's how you spell it) to find out what you guys think as there is a slight lack in AAA titles for the PC, do you think computer gaming is dieing.

I'm hoping the steambox will attract a new bigger market and thus will make developers create more AAA titles on computer platform!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 821 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbillbridgnorth View Post
    I have also just ordered Guitar Hero 3
    You've only just got this on PC!?! Wow, we had this on console back in the PS2 days! Maybe you do have hope for Red Dead Redemtion after all

(sorry, couldn't resist)

3. Thanks to tmcd35 from:

CHR1S (29th January 2014)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 898 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Console gaming is dying, there's no way in hell there's a PS5 or Xbox Two, unless the consumers really are stupid. The trouble is, gaming like so much else isn't actually driven by what's possible but *only* what makes <insert X corporation here> money.

(for consumers read *as a whole* not individuals)

Thank Post
    Haha no I played it on the Wii ages ago when it first came out, it was just a game I really enjoyed made a change to shooters! So I've ordered a version for my PC and I'm going to put my own songs on it
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    You've only just got this on PC!?! Wow, we had this on console back in the PS2 days! Maybe you do have hope for Red Dead Redemtion after all

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Thank Post
    The lack of AAA titles is annoying the best game I played last year was a close tie between Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us and I had to violate my blu ray player/media centre with a game to play TLOU.

Its more annoying when a AAA title comes out and its just a XB port that under performs due to some pusedo-emulation. (Although I do love it when a game takes 0 config to use my USB 360 controller)

The only console I actually use and am excited for releases on is the Wii U. Its not the most powerful thing in the world but it has interesting ideas! and the games are made to be fun not the next step in graphics.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 884 Posts
    I'm intrigued (if that's how you spell it) to find out what you guys think as there is a slight lack in AAA titles for the PC, do you think computer gaming is dieing.

I'm hoping the steambox will attract a new bigger market and thus will make developers create more AAA titles on computer platform!
    I don't think it's fair to say there's a lack of AAA titles just because Rockstar are being a PITA over GTAV.

In the past 12 months we've had, BioShock Infinite, Arkham Origins, Tomb Raider, Diablo III, Assassin's Creed IV to name but a few.

The difference with PC is thanks to platforms like Steam, AAA studios don't have such a monopoly on virtual shelf space so the indies get just a good a chance at sales. Also, for every AAA game released about a dozen indie titles follow!

I still think the SteamBox will be a flop but hopefully it's a step in the right direction for a more open gaming platform. I think the console's days are numbered.

Thank Post
    I am currently in love with Assetto Corsa. The Graphics are stunning

9. Thanks to hawc from:

LosOjos (29th January 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hawc View Post
    I am currently in love with Assetto Corsa. The Graphics are stunning
    Hadn't heard of it but what I can briefly see here looks cool - would you say it's along Gran Turismo lines (i.e. lots of simulation elements and upgrades) or classic Ridge Racer (i.e. just pick a car and race)

Thank Post
    At the moment it is Gran Tourismo. FYI: You need a really good graphics card and a steering wheel (think Logitech G27 like mine) to enjoy it most.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hawc View Post
    At the moment it is Gran Tourismo. FYI: You need a really good graphics card and a steering wheel (think Logitech G27 like mine) to enjoy it most.
    When you say really good, are we talking GTX x80/R9 290 level or can you get away with less?

I've been looking for an excuse to buy a wheel for a while, this could be it

Thank Post
    not to mention this beauty coming out tomorrow!

Octodad: Dadliest Catch on Steam

Thank Post
    My card is a GTX 660 and is the recommended card. It is ok but struggles when it gets very busy.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thatuser View Post
    not to mention this beauty coming out tomorrow!

Octodad: Dadliest Catch on Steam
    Haha can't wait for this game! Watched PewDiePie play a demo version looks awesome! I read somewhere that PewDiePie is the second best paid on yourtube earning something around 6million a year from sponsors, advertisements and YouTube :O I must be doing something wrong maybe I should just make YouTube videos for a living

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,186 Times in 1,492 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    Console gaming is dying, there's no way in hell there's a PS5 or Xbox Two, unless the consumers really are stupid. The trouble is, gaming like so much else isn't actually driven by what's possible but *only* what makes <insert X corporation here> money.

(for consumers read *as a whole* not individuals)
    As a collective, console gamers have said that that is perfectly acceptable to be charged to use your own internet connection to play games that you own, and watch a subscription service you pay for.

I must be doing something wrong maybe I should just make YouTube videos for a living
    Felix only makes so much because of the way YouTube handles videos.

It's to do with his account being registered in Sweden, but he lives in Italy [I think he's in Brighton now...]

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 898 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Wrong context @X-13 - was referring to the fact consoles should not need to exist in the current climate. No need at all, other than for the relevant companies to make money. Not even related to software, entirely hardware.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast