+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
General Chat Thread, What a great time it is at the moment to be a PC Gamer :) in General; Originally Posted by alexbillbridgnorth I must be doing something wrong maybe I should just make YouTube videos for a living ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbillbridgnorth View Post
    I must be doing something wrong maybe I should just make YouTube videos for a living
    Haha i agree, you make them i'll be watching

Thank Post
    Maybe there is a gap in the market of YouTube! Anybody watch these school programmes? Waterloo Road, Educating Essex/Yorkshire and the new tough young teachers! What I want to know is where's the IT Tech what's he up to and what latest GP is he/she applying today! You never see them though. Me thinks I'll make my own show entitled the life of an IT Technician see how it takes off

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,002 Times in 1,376 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    Wrong context @X-13 - was referring to the fact consoles should not need to exist in the current climate. No need at all, other than for the relevant companies to make money. Not even related to software, entirely hardware.
    "unless customers are stupid"

I was pointing out that they ARE stupid.

Me thinks I'll make my own show entitled the life of an IT Technician see how it takes off
    I hope it's like IT crowd.

4. Thanks to X-13 from:

synaesthesia (30th January 2014)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,047 Times in 804 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Fair enough

Thank Post
    Maybe there is a gap in the market of YouTube! Anybody watch these school programmes? Waterloo Road, Educating Essex/Yorkshire and the new tough young teachers! What I want to know is where's the IT Tech what's he up to and what latest GP is he/she applying today! You never see them though. Me thinks I'll make my own show entitled the life of an IT Technician see how it takes off
    Brilliant

Thank Post
    It's so annoying though I was watching tough young teachers the other day and there is a part where one of the male teachers is having an issue with his computer and the woman says "Do you want me to get IT" he replies "Yes Please" *Pulling his hair out* and then there is a blatant bit where it skips the IT guy out and the teacher is then all relaxed and ok! :O WHAT! I bet that poor tech was sitting in front of the TV with all his family round saying "OMG THIS IS MY PART!!" and the disappointment on his face.... (feel free to upload image here)

Anyway this has gone off topic a bit haha!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    When you say really good, are we talking GTX x80/R9 290 level or can you get away with less?
    I've been looking for an excuse to buy a wheel for a while, this could be it
    It's reasonably demanding and at the moment, there is only one car on track. That said, I drive 3 1920x1200 screens from a single GTX780 and it is fluid. My worry for this sim is Kunos the developer is notorious for not delivering on promises, slow delivery on others and generally not communicating very well with the community. The AC preview was FIRST released in Jan 2013 - so it's been slow progress to this point. That said, the driving model is superb and the cars are a real blast on tracks that are extremely good. Still, if you want top quality online racing, at the moment there is nothing to touch iRacing.

Thank Post
    Console gaming is dying
    Utter rubbish.

was referring to the fact consoles should not need to exist in the current climate. No need at all, other than for the relevant companies to make money. Not even related to software, entirely hardware.
    Apart from having a cheap system that requires no maintenance. People want that, there's markets for it and its not related to consumer intelligence, pretty shocked people as intelligent as yourself would be making such silly statements.

From a development point of view you can make a game for one piece of hardware. Not 10,000 different hardware configurations. Although PC can potentially look the best, it can also look the worst. Take a look at the steam stats and you'll find the majority of people have a 1gb graphics card so most PC games for most people look nothing like the HD+ with everything on full screenshots provided when comparisons are made. Some devs can only afford to make games for 1 or 2 systems and some games are more suited to consoles.

I game on PC and on consoles. Personally I don't want to use a windows/mouse/keyboard in my front room. Its a great time for games on PC and consoles.
    Last edited by Theblacksheep; 30th January 2014 at 09:53 AM.

10. Thanks to Theblacksheep from:

tmcd35 (30th January 2014)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Mount a gopro up in the office, always screen record your desktop and mic up the phone line then edit the best bits into a stressful compilation for youtube

Thank Post
    . Me thinks I'll make my own show entitled the life of an IT Technician see how it takes off
    Love the idea, i'd watch it!

Thank Post
    Right then, I will! I will post a trailer first and make it in tis years summer holidays each week see how it goes! Ill let you know wen the trailer is up! I could be a millionaire yet!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 818 Posts
    Right then, I will! I will post a trailer first and make it in tis years summer holidays each week see how it goes! Ill let you know wen the trailer is up! I could be a millionaire yet!
    This time next year Rodders!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,047 Times in 804 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So give me a good reason why consoles should continue to exist other than as a multifunctional entertainment device we are more than capable of having. Separate hifis, Sky/Vermin boxes, gaming machines, gaming PCs. The only reason is money. An idealist view I know.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,002 Times in 1,376 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So give me a good reason why consoles should continue to exist other than as a multifunctional entertainment device we are more than capable of having. Separate hifis, Sky/Vermin boxes, gaming machines, gaming PCs. The only reason is money. An idealist view I know.
    Simplicity.

As long as PC games have weird errors and conflicts that render them unusable [the games not the PC], then consoles will exist purely for the fact you can just put in the disk and play...

Though they seem to be trying to [censored] that up as well with mandatory installations. [I've heard the Xbone takes AGES with some games.]

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    Simplicity.

As long as PC games have weird errors and conflicts that render them unusable [the games not the PC], then consoles will exist purely for the fact you can just put in the disk and play...
    Agree with this ^

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast