+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Any one used www.pixmania.co.uk in General; Has anyoen purchased anythihg from these? I havce noticed their prices are very good on certain things (persoannl purchase not ...
    Thank Post

Any one used www.pixmania.co.uk

Has anyoen purchased anythihg from these?

I havce noticed their prices are very good on certain things (persoannl purchase not work)

Feedback appreciated.

Thank Post

Re: Any one used www.pixmania.co.uk

Used them once last christmas to buy a 19" LCD tv for my bedroom. At the time it was a fantastic deal. But TV arrived with No remote controll or power.

Numerous phone calls eventually finished up with the TV going back and a refund being given, then 2 days after the tv being returned I recieved the power supply and tv remote.

I may be a random case but if you do have a stock issue or fault you will be at mercy of the French (the warehouse is in France)

Si

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Bought a camera from there before, run-of-the-mill hassle-free service

Thank Post

Bought a camera from there about a year or two back. To cut a long story short the camera was faulty, sent it back for repair and had to wait almost 2 months. When the camera was returned it was still faulty. Never got a full refund either because "some of the accessories were not returned". I sure sent them all off though, perhaps someone had them away at the depot or in the post.

Thank Post

bought a few things from them...had no problems whatsoever. Adapter for electrics is usually supplied due to French Warehouse etc.

Easy ordering as well...just watch for the "Zen" package they put on everything you buy, as it increases the price slightly....this can be removed though

Thank Post

I've used them a couple of times over the last few years and have had no problems.

Thank Post

I tried to use them recently, but their website wouldn't accept my postcode as valid. I tried to phone/email the order, or at least try to tell them that their website had a bug. However, after several attempts I couldn't get hold of anyone, and realised it would be a bad idea to order anything without being able to contact the company.

Thank Post

I was probably one of the lucky ones... purchased a printer from them and it arrived reasonably quickly, worked fine and didn't really look back..

Heard nothing but complaints and problems from others though so never went back.

Thank Post

I bailed out on my first transaction after an order I placed never turned up, contacted them and was told that my credit card required further Identification.
    They wanted a copy of my passport or other sensitive documents faxed to a french fax number.

So I told them were to go and cancelled the order.

I still get at least 3 junk emails a week from them though.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by m25man
    I bailed out on my first transaction after an order I placed never turned up, contacted them and was told that my credit card required further Identification.
    They wanted a copy of my passport or other sensitive documents faxed to a french fax number.
    Yes I had the same, my credit card wasn't good enough and they wanted all types of extra documentation!

As far as I'm aware even though it's a dot co dot uk address the company is French!

Thank Post

I can echo that. Great prices but if there are any problems with delivery then it can be really difficult to sort. I ordered a tv from them, they gave me a delivery times so I chose my school as the delivery address. They then changed the delivery time to a Sunday and I couldn't get them to change ther address. They use Currys to deliver a lot of their goods. I had to end up going into school on a Sunday with loads of ID. They the promised me a credit for bad service that never arrived. I have a few friends that have use them without any problems at all.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information