+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Public Liability Insurance in General; Heya, I play in a band and somebody's asked us if we'll play a wedding for them, the venue has ...
    Thank Post

Public Liability Insurance

Heya,

I play in a band and somebody's asked us if we'll play a wedding for them, the venue has told them we'll need Public Liability Insurance.

Anyone got any experience of any decent/cheap companies that can cover a 6 piece rock band?

Thank Post
    My wife uses Simply Business for her Public Liability Insurance. Not had any problems.
    https://www.simplybusiness.co.uk/ins...lic-liability/
    Its a good place to start to get quotes.

3. Thanks to hallb15 from:

Pyroman (28th January 2014)

Thank Post
    I've heard good things of this lot, but have no 1st hand knowledge.

Doodson

5. Thanks to Andrew_C from:

Pyroman (28th January 2014)

Thank Post
    This is something I'd never even thought of. I'd always assumed the venues PLI would cover it. I suppose if someone trips over a lead or an abandoned guitar case, the venue would want come back from the band.

Yikes! We've got a gig in a local bar on Friday night and it usually ends up with a bit of a mosh pit and people crowd-surfing, etc. Maybe we need to get everyone to sign an indemnity on the way in!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieM View Post
    This is something I'd never even thought of. I'd always assumed the venues PLI would cover it. I suppose if someone trips over a lead or an abandoned guitar case, the venue would want come back from the band.

Yikes! We've got a gig in a local bar on Friday night and it usually ends up with a bit of a mosh pit and people crowd-surfing, etc. Maybe we need to get everyone to sign an indemnity on the way in!
    I have a feeling at "proper" music venues then the club/bar covers the insurance and has stipulations on where the audience can be such as nobody on stage (one bar we played in nearly dragged my mrs off stage because they thought she was part of the audience, she's my drum techie!) I think this wedding is at a golf club or similar which don't usually put music on and so therefore don't have the insurance for it.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyroman View Post
    I have a feeling at "proper" music venues then the club/bar covers the insurance and has stipulations on where the audience can be such as nobody on stage (one bar we played in nearly dragged my mrs off stage because they thought she was part of the audience, she's my drum techie!) I think this wedding is at a golf club or similar which don't usually put music on and so therefore don't have the insurance for it.
    Phew! That's a relief. Last time we played this venue, some poor unsuspecting bloke in his 60s got swamped by a crowd of lads who were a little 'enthusiastic'. He went sprawling and his glasses flew off. He scrambled to his feet and I managed to rescue his glasses. After the gig, I went over to thank him for not kicking off - which he had every right to do - and his response was, 'I ****ing LOVED it! Best night out I've had in years! Took me right back.'

(Shameless plug: Anyone in Liverpool who fancies a night of grunge, get down to Stamps Too in Waterloo on Friday night for the mighty Shigpit!)

Thank Post
    I suspect many venues will require bands (and companies providing equipment ) to carry there own PLI so the sh!t can be spread around if it all does go wrong.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread