+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
General Chat Thread, LogMeIn Free shutting down January 21st 2014 in General; Originally Posted by DPrince We did pay for Logmein Pro - we actually have a mixture of free and pro ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,399 Times in 962 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DPrince View Post
    We did pay for Logmein Pro - we actually have a mixture of free and pro accounts, managed through Logmein Central. Having just checked my account, apparently Central customers are not affected by this change, and I am still able to deploy free clients if I want to.
    At 200 a year it doesn't take much for LogMeIn Central to become more cost effective, actually - do you get any Pro accounts included in that or do you have to pay for them at the usual rate on top?

Thank Post
    Guys, seriously, try centrastage. You not only connect to the remote computers but the way you can set up an estate of machines, across different network and then just write a script to run any job without needing to log on to each computer is priceless. They even common apps like plugins ready to auto deploy remotely.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyPete View Post
    Guys, seriously, try centrastage. You not only connect to the remote computers but the way you can set up an estate of machines, across different network and then just write a script to run any job without needing to log on to each computer is priceless. They even common apps like plugins ready to auto deploy remotely.
    but unless its changed seriously in the last year 18 months its bobbins for actual remote desktop type work

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Thanks @sonofsnta Looking at the Chrome app it's no longer Free - or am I looking in the wrong place? FREE TO TRY FOR 7 DAYS
    $9.99 PER LICENSECORPORATE DOMAIN LICENSING AVAILABLE (sales@fusionlabs.net)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsanta View Post
    Right, so, tested the Chrome Remote Desktop extension and that seems alright for the occasional user - fairly straightforward to use, decent quality, only needs a Google account and Chrome. It doesn't have many settings or options at all though, particularly around display - so trying to view my dual 1280x1024 screens from a single 1280x1024 screen was painful and is a no-go. Ok for those with a simple set up in school, but won't be enough for me.

LogMeIn Pro is looking like a decent option, then, particularly with the 50% off. Does anyone know if there's a restriction on multiple logins to one account though? The small business package (289 pa for 10 computers) is pretty good value compared to the usual subscription, but if only one person can log in to an account at once it's not workable.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by speckytecky View Post
    Thanks @sonofsnta Looking at the Chrome app it's no longer Free - or am I looking in the wrong place? FREE TO TRY FOR 7 DAYS
    $9.99 PER LICENSECORPORATE DOMAIN LICENSING AVAILABLE (sales@fusionlabs.net)
    I think you're looking in the wrong place - Chrome Remote Desktop is developed by Google, not Fusion Labs (whoever they are), so you may have found one of the many other RDP extensions. This is the one we're trying out: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...enigjmpp?hl=en

6. Thanks to sonofsanta from:

speckytecky (3rd February 2014)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    LogMeIn Pro is looking like a decent option, then, particularly with the 50% off. Does anyone know if there's a restriction on multiple logins to one account though? The small business package (289 pa for 10 computers) is pretty good value compared to the usual subscription, but if only one person can log in to an account at once it's not workable.
    Well I asked LogMeIn support whether you can have multiple simultaneous logins with a single Small Business account, and they just closed the case without ever answering the question. Which wasn't much help.

A handful of us are on LogMeIn Pro for now, with the half price offer, but I think I'll be shifting to RDS Gateway within the year as customer support seems somewhat less than useful.

Thank Post
    CentraStage is pretty good actually for free.

Thank Post
    Well I asked LogMeIn support whether you can have multiple simultaneous logins with a single Small Business account, and they just closed the case without ever answering the question. Which wasn't much help.

A handful of us are on LogMeIn Pro for now, with the half price offer, but I think I'll be shifting to RDS Gateway within the year as customer support seems somewhat less than useful.
    no you cant

10. Thanks to sted from:

sonofsanta (3rd February 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    CentraStage is pretty good actually for free.
    How do you get it free? The site only mentions a 30 day trial (from a brief look).

Thank Post
    They offer a free plan with certain restrictions. The 30 day trial is of the all singing, all dancing version. After the trial you get the standard one.

13. Thanks to Edu-IT from:

LeMarchand (4th February 2014)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456