+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Interesting article on the forward progress of Google in General; BBC article sparked by Google's recent aquavit ion of Nest: BBC News - Nest acquisition: Where next for 'new' Google?...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Interesting article on the forward progress of Google

BBC article sparked by Google's recent aquavit ion of Nest:

BBC News - Nest acquisition: Where next for 'new' Google?

Thank Post
    Google is Skynet. I've been saying it for ages and my tin-hat theories are a bit of a joke in the office but I'm starting to think I might be right. Google has wormed their way into our lives so thoroughly that if they disappeared tomorrow we'd stumble quite noticably - first they dominated the search engine arena, then they got in on the free email bandwagon - almost everyone has a Google account of some kind, then they got their hooks into the mobile phone market and almost every household has an Android device of some kind (unless they are Apple Slaves ofc), then they started working on robots with military applications and now they are starting to control our home environments - I am telling you - SKYNET.

3. Thanks to AMLightfoot from:

speckytecky (15th January 2014)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Be interesting to see what they take over in the next few years. Make a heck of a difference to have their management team having a poke about with G4s for example!

Quote Originally Posted by AMLightfoot View Post
    Google is Skynet. I've been saying it for ages and my tin-hat theories are a bit of a joke in the office but I'm starting to think I might be right. Google has wormed their way into our lives so thoroughly that if they disappeared tomorrow we'd stumble quite noticably - first they dominated the search engine arena, then they got in on the free email bandwagon - almost everyone has a Google account of some kind, then they got their hooks into the mobile phone market and almost every household has an Android device of some kind (unless they are Apple Slaves ofc), then they started working on robots with military applications and now they are starting to control our home environments - I am telling you - SKYNET.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AMLightfoot View Post
    Honestly, besides the crippled effect it would have on the mobile phone industry, I'm not too certain that we'd stumble all that much.
    There's countless other search engines, Bing and DuckDuckGo spring immediately to mind (though maybe not as precise or broad as Google, they certainly work). There are also hundreds of other e-mail providers (as much as gmail, or in my case, googlemail, it taken to be more professional than hotmail/aol/etc) so shifting wouldn't be too bad - the bother would be with updating account details for everything.

Though, the internet would definitely cry at the death of YouTube but honestly, we could probably do with less cat videos.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garacesh View Post

Though, the internet would definitely cry at the death of YouTube but honestly, we could probably do with less cat videos.
    sacrilege!

Thank Post
    we could probably do with less cat videos.
    Post reported.

8. 3 Thanks to Miscbrah:

AMLightfoot (15th January 2014), Garacesh (15th January 2014), Greenbeast (15th January 2014)

Thank Post
    BLASPHEMER! It is not possible to have too many Cat videos. Clearly you are being mind controlled by Apple.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread