+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Need a hug - feeling a bit sorry for myself in General; Sorry for posting this but think I need to. Got home from work yesterday dinner to find my dog laid ...

Thank Post

Need a hug - feeling a bit sorry for myself

Sorry for posting this but think I need to.

Got home from work yesterday dinner to find my dog laid under his chair, when I moved the chair he didnt attempt to get up or move. I made him as comfortable as I could while my wife got home from work. We got the vet out and had to have him pet to sleep.
    i dont really know what to do now he was my best mate for the past 10 years, he was there for me when my dad died and when my grandad died. He never judges me or anything just love. He was the one that picked us when we were at the re homing shelter. I have another dog that is very subdued at the moment i think she is trying to take it all in.
    I dunno what to do just feel very numb and empty.

Sorry

Thank Post
    Never say sorry for posting something like that, my condolences on your loss if you need to talk we are all here for you. -Hugs-

Thank Post
    I was in bits when my dog died a few years back, very similar situation to you, he was there when my dad died and we got him from a rescue centre. It gets easier, just be happy for the times you got to spend with him. Manly hug.

Thank Post
    Sorry to here this, it really is hard when they pass on as they become such a part of your life.

Thank Post
    Im such a mess, just sat in the server room out the way crying. I managed to keep it together though my dad and grandads deaths.
    I know he was on his was out he was 14-16 years old so a good age and his back was going, and I know it was the right and really only decision to make but still. Glad i was with him at the end.
    Just felt weird getting up in the night to let Pepper our other dog out and not to find him downstairs.

Thank Post
    Sending you huge hugs, I so understand how you feel. Just remember that without the chance and love you gave your dog he'd have been in rescue for longer. Take extra care of your other dog as she will be morning his loss too. the fact that you kept your emotions in check when you lost your dad and gdad doesn't mean you were over their loss, but loosing your dog has most likely bought all the grief out in one go. . You can't continue to hold it all it and at some point everyone has to grieve.
    take care and give you other dog extra hugs xxx

Thank Post
    Bro hug,

its true dogs are a mans best friend, as they will never judge you, they know when your upset or ill.
    it will be hard for a while but you will rember all his qurewks that made him "him"

i can still remeber the day my dog went. she was a puppy when i was born and were ever i was she was with me (mum and dad had to get a twin pram because of this). but i will alwasy remeber her. but got 4 other dogs now each with their own personality.

never be sorry for showing emotions we only be human

Thank Post
    Am so sorry for your loss. Our pets are our family and often folk just do not get the grief we feel when losing our animal. Like @Smee has said it has probably enabled ALL your grief to come out which is better for you in the long though you may not be feeling that right now. Allow yourself to feel this hurt then celebrate his life. Take your other dog out and cuddle him and let yourself heal. Huge hugs have been where you are and it does get better eventually Also be comforted that he went over the bridge in his own home rather than at the vets in a strange scary place x
    Last edited by ButterflyMoon; 14th January 2014 at 11:06 AM.

Thank Post
    Here's a comic a friend of a friend posted. It might help, it might not. WHIG LIFE IT’S FINISHED. CLICK READ MORE.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,252 Times in 1,658 Posts
    Big hugs from me too. Losing a dog is every but as bad as losing a member of your human family

Just like with the humans, it will take some time to recover... and you have to remember the good times

I'll send a crate of eduhobnobs up to you... they're electronic and non fattening, so great comfort food.

Thank Post
    Big hugs here also.

You were there for him when he needed you as he was there for you when you needed him.

I'm not particularly religious but this poem says it all for me

"Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown... "

Will give my guys especially big hugs tonight.

12. 6 Thanks to pickman:

bmdixon (14th January 2014), bushby (14th January 2014), ButterflyMoon (14th January 2014), HarryMonkey (14th January 2014), SiliconAlley_Sam (9th September 2014), visioN (15th January 2014)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Goodness I cried for days when I had to have my hedgehog PTS!

Hope you're ok...

Thank Post
    Sad news brah. We used to raise guide dog puppies, which we got for a year then never saw again. Having them leave was bad enough! I can only imagine what it must be like to lose your own.

Thank Post
    Sorry to hear this. A loss of any kind is a horrible thing to go through. You know it was the right thing to do in the circumstances so take comfort from that. We had to make a similar decision a few years ago after trying everything possible. Writing this brings back the memories of sitting in a small room saying goodbye. Gosh, it's horrible.

Thank Post
    When my dog died during the summer I put a nice photo of him above the spot he used to lay. Its nice to look down and see him still there in a way.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast