+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, Need a hug - feeling a bit sorry for myself in General; this is si sad to hear! now your dog is on the rainbow, where is no pain. He had a ...
    Thank Post
    this is si sad to hear!
    now your dog is on the rainbow, where is no pain. He had a good life with you, he gave his life for you and your family and that was his aim on the earth. I am sure he was happy. That is good that you was with him until his last breath, you did it for him.
    For people who keep pets, animals are not just animals, they are members of family, very close friends, who never judge, who always with us, who love us more than their own lifes. And it is so sad when we loose them. But when they go away, we have an oppotunuty to help other poor souls, dogs or cats that have been betrayed or were born homeless. Take a dog from the animal's shelter and it will be the best you can do, in honour of your friend.

2. Thanks to Elison from:

witch (20th January 2014)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I know how you feel.

I've had pets since I was young, and it's always horrendous when they go.

And so far, it's been a terrible few months.
    One pet died in November.
    Then another in December.
    To cap it all, one of my best friends died suddenly.

This website is helpful, even if it's used as reassurance that you're not going insane.
    Coping if you have been recently or suddenly bereaved | BPS
    Last edited by jinnantonnixx; 20th January 2014 at 04:07 PM.

Thank Post
    For the people that remember this thread. Next month I am running the Great North Run For DogsTrust, where we adopted Jive from.
    It's going to be tough as I'm not really back to full fitness stamina wise after my op.
    If anyone wants to sponsor me no matter how small heres my just giving link https://www.justgiving.com/Matthew-Hargraves/

5. 2 Thanks to MattDLEA:

ButterflyMoon (30th July 2014), StevieM (2nd August 2014)

Thank Post
    Done. Good luck.

7. Thanks to pcstru from:

MattDLEA (30th July 2014)

Thank Post
    Its such a sad thing when a pet dies. I know its not the same but a few weeks ago we had to find our dog a new home, he was a flipping amazing dog we had him from a puppy and he lived with us for 2 years and became part of our family (There was just the 3 of us). but a few weeks ago we where forced to get him rehomed (completely out of our own power). This has totally knocked us both and its been very hard to get over. Obviously I know he is safe but the thought of him being in a rehoming centre breaks me. I can't even look at photos of him. Its only been about 3/4 weeks, so im hoping that it gets easier. He used to get a little bit of food when I was making my box for lunch and I keep cutting certain foods that he used to get and cutting an extra bit for him, then realising that he isn't there, and when the door goes and its just silent, no barking (Kinda miss it).

Anyway sorry ti hijack the thread I know its not the same as the original post, but it hurts and its actually nice to find people who understand how Dogs (and any other pets) become part of the family. I got told by other family that I was stupid and needed to sort my life out if im going to get upset over a dog (great support).

Anyway again sorry for hijacking.

Peace

Thank Post
    Thanks @pcstru

@neilmc Yeah it does get easier I still think about Jive everyday, our other dog is still missing him but we are doing out the garage at the moment so they have a nice cool room while we are at work. I say they as we are hoping to get another one soon

I know its not the same but have you got a retired greyhounds trust or other dog rescue place near you, it maybe to soon for you as yet but I volunteer there every so often as a dog walker, it gives the dogs a walk and makes you feel a bit better (especial if you can no longer keep one)

Some people dont understand but id tell them where to go lol. Dogs just have that 'I understand' attitude about them and they are always there for you.

10. Thanks to MattDLEA from:

neilmc (30th July 2014)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    If this doesn't make you smile/well up, then you have no soul.

My Dog: The Paradox - The Oatmeal

Thank Post
    Done and good luck! Losing a pet is horrible, they really do become such an important member of the family. The only thing that puts me off getting my own dog when I move into my own place is the thought of having to go through losing them, so heart breaking.

13. Thanks to SiliconAlley_Sam from:

MattDLEA (30th July 2014)

Thank Post
    Thank you @SiliconAlley_Sam

Thank Post
    For the people that donated thank you. I more then met my donation target and have still got money coming in.
    What a tough day had a cold (possibly chest infection) for the weeks leading up to it which hampered my training. It stopped me running for 3 weeks. Woke up on Sunday feeling less snotty and quite fresh.
    What an amazing atmosphere, the people of the north east are the best just shouting your name and handing out jelly babies , ice pops, oranges, water , beer and to see the red arrows fly over just after Id come out of a under pass was awesome.
    I felt of up until mile 6 then I could feel the energy going but kept running until mile 11 when the cramp kicked in - a few pats on the pack from fellow runners got me to the coast road, again where the support was like nothing I'd ever seen. It was there where both legs cramped and my foot so the last 800m looked like a sketch from Monty python.
    I did it in 2:40 was hoping for 2:30 on the day with the lack of prep but the cramp took care of that.

16. 2 Thanks to MattDLEA:

StevieM (9th September 2014), witch (9th September 2014)

Thank Post
    Well done, Matt. I doff my cap to you (as I'm not allowed to rep you again yet!)

Thank Post
    Well done Matt. Glad you got through the run, you had a cracking day for it Did you see my band of drummers along the route? The Bangshees

Thank Post
    Well done!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123