+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, Couch To 5K in General; This sounds really good I have never heard of the C25K but I am intrigued! My school were doing a ...
    Thank Post
    This sounds really good I have never heard of the C25K but I am intrigued! My school were doing a sponsored weight loss before Christmas and it was all going so well, getting up at 6am for a run/stumble before work, eating well and then Christmas hit and it all went to pot. I need to get back on track and I am feeling quite motivated. The plan is too loose weight/ become fitter before a snowboarding trip at the end of the year so this will be a nice target towards that.

Thank Post
    Lost a bit of ground these last few days with a sore knee and a streaming cold. Week 3 Run 1 completed tonight though so hopefully back on track for the MK5K in March.

Thank Post
    Well done @HarryMonkey for getting back on track. I've got my last Week 3 run tonight, quite looking forward to finding out what's in store next week!

Thank Post
    Week 4 Run 1 accomplished on Weds, it was hard but felt good at the end. Lost a bit of ground again this week due to family circumstances so I need to run on two consecutive days to stay on track.

Thank Post
    @HarryMonkey, would you be better missing a day in between, even if it means your schedule slips a bit? I'd be a bit worried about injury if you do two days on the trot.

I am doing W5 R1 tonight. Looks like the weather is going to be crappy, though I have discovered that there's a weird enjoyment to be got from running in the rain (now that I have some decent wicking running tights - yay). Apparently week 5-6 are tough so I will let you know how it goes.....

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts
    My aim for 2014 is to complete this at the end of the year.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTLady View Post
    @HarryMonkey, would you be better missing a day in between, even if it means your schedule slips a bit? I'd be a bit worried about injury if you do two days on the trot.

I am doing W5 R1 tonight. Looks like the weather is going to be crappy, though I have discovered that there's a weird enjoyment to be got from running in the rain (now that I have some decent wicking running tights - yay). Apparently week 5-6 are tough so I will let you know how it goes.....
    Rest days are really important, to allow damage to repair (eat loads of lean protein) and to allow any fluid the body has put around the joints to protect them to dissipate.

8. Thanks to Oaktech from:

HarryMonkey (31st January 2014)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    @HarryMonkey, are you interested in signing up for a park run? it gets held every Saturday at 9AM, its a 5k run around Willen Lake.

parkrun UK

that reminds me, i haven't gone for a while :/....

10. Thanks to Tesla from:

HarryMonkey (31st January 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    @HarryMonkey, are you interested in signing up for a park run? it gets held every Saturday at 9AM, its a 5k run around Willen Lake.

parkrun UK

that reminds me, i haven't gone for a while :/....
    Yes I probably will be once I get to that stage in the program. I want to follow it through to week 9 before I start to do too much but will be up for a run round willen at that point yes.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTLady View Post

Thanks for that @ICTLady. I did a run in the rain this week ... W4R1, and really enjoyed it. I'm probably going to end up with my schedule slipping which I'm anxious to avoid as I've entered the MK5k on the 9th of March which is right at the end of week 9 so I need to keep on schedule, but I'm aware that I could end up doing more harm than good so stuck between a rock and a hard place with the hope that I can catch up in time.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Oaktech View Post
    Rest days are really important, to allow damage to repair (eat loads of lean protein) and to allow any fluid the body has put around the joints to protect them to dissipate.
    I know, I'm just conscious that I'm on such a tight schedule for my first 5k race on the 9th of March. I'll just have to hope I can catch up in time.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Well good luck, might see you up there one day in the future, i have been having abreak from it atm, been struggling with shin splints for a looong time now.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryMonkey View Post
    I know, I'm just conscious that I'm on such a tight schedule for my first 5k race on the 9th of March. I'll just have to hope I can catch up in time.
    Rest one day now or rest 1 month if something goes twang. While its good to have targets, there will be another 5k to do.

Thank Post
    Well, I managed to get home earlier than planned so managed run 2 tonight, that leaves Sunday for run 3 and start Week 5 on Tuesday. Plenty of rest between, back on track. Happy days.

Thank Post
    Good for you. I found the first 5k the hardest barrier to break. I think you'll be surprised once you can run 5k non stop on a regular basis how much easier it gets to just increase that distance. It took me maybe 3 months to get from 0 - 5k and feel comfortable at it but then only an additional two weeks to go from 5k to 10k.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast