+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
General Chat Thread, First day back in the office... in General; I get an extra few days off because some wonderful child must have given me mumps on the last few ...

Thank Post
    I get an extra few days off because some wonderful child must have given me mumps on the last few days of term! Flared up last week and I'm contagious for the next few days.

Aren't children grand?

Thank Post
    From 8:50 till 9:30 everyone was stood on the tennis courts because some little darling decided to set the fire alarm off....then the site team couldn't get the alarm to stop :| Blooooomin freezing it was!

Then at 10 we had 3 new printers arrive (the remainder of a lease agreement replacement that we were doing at the end of term) which i'd forgotten about until 9:45 >_< Typically i think I'm coming down wit hthe bronchitis that my sons had over xmas too.

Thank Post
    Started back today.

No problems at all. Usual procession of dimwits who've forgotten their passwords after two weeks off. Some of the students have forgotten their passwords, too.

Sorry to be predictable, but working here is just so predictable.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,624 Posts
    So far...one interactive whiteboard which is still playing up - thought it was fixed last term - it is NEW for goodness sake..
    One teacher who has managed to change her system so that everything tries to open in IE
    and a new laptop to build.
    Tomorrow when I start back to the other school will be the busy day - 4 new starters, endless laptop sorting, yay!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Well not to bad replaced 6 lenovo laptop keyboards. Orderd some more read the misco mag for a bit made 3 brews for my self put a support call into veeam as cus we arw getting vss issues checked my poll for the windows updates and staff are generally going for a Friday which doesn't surprise me....so yea quite relaxed however I do have a new printer coming tomorrow and I need to look at lease printing...any suggestions

Thank Post
    Seemed all ok for us. Had to restart the PBX as the voicemail had gone down, but that's no biggy. Had switched off an old wifi SSID, so of course had staff coming to me today with laptops that wouldn't work on the internet (they hadn't done what I had told them to do and warned would happen). Also had some issues with some of the printers showing as offline, but a simple change of the IP port fixed that one (wasn't using an IP port for some reason).

The usual, SOLUS not updating some machines with Autumn 2013.2 when I deployed the update today, but the user had left SIMS open, surprise, or SOLUS was staying it was offline.

Thank Post
    Found one broken fibre link when I got in. It took out about a quarter of the school. Managed to patch round it once I'd reconfigured a couple of switches. Then the cashless catering wasn't syncing with the online payments.

Why is there always something on the first day back? Could have been worse I suppose.

Thank Post
    First day back and i just sat down! 36 hard drives removed from old computers ( thank goodness I checked before sending them away to be recycled..damn the old tech!)
    The cleaners switched all my power bars off over the break... so i came in with chaos from the teachers.. lol
    and of course the few students who cant remember passwords..

It actually feels good to be back doing something

Thank Post
    School's back tomorrow for us - but not for the IT team. We are a two man band and the NM is away all week with a family emergency, and I have done something to my knee. Putting weight on it is painful. I am having it x-rayed tomorrow.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by starman02 View Post

It actually feels good to be back doing something
    Have to agree sort off.
    We've just taken over a sixth site abd first day was today so I have a whole new network to play with. Not to bad of a starter network put in already but they are using old tech still.

We've also found we might get another secondary school. I've been there and it's a mess. It will be a wipe and start again job.

Thank Post
    Yesterday was the first day back here and it was a complete disaster!! The wind managed to knock my poor vespa over in the car park whilst I was blissfully unaware and so it lay there in a pool of petrol and oil for the best part of the day. So half my side panel is now missing and the engine was completely flooded I had to send it off home in the back of a van as well as waving goodbye to my January wages -.- After sorting that out came back to the IT room (which was full of staff), to find the roof leaking all over the brand new laptops I have yet to set up and nobody thought to move them....ughhhhhhh!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nyiss View Post
    Yesterday was the first day back here and it was a complete disaster!! The wind managed to knock my poor vespa over in the car park whilst I was blissfully unaware and so it lay there in a pool of petrol and oil for the best part of the day. So half my side panel is now missing and the engine was completely flooded I had to send it off home in the back of a van as well as waving goodbye to my January wages -.- After sorting that out came back to the IT room (which was full of staff), to find the roof leaking all over the brand new laptops I have yet to set up and nobody thought to move them....ughhhhhhh!
    Oh dear! Sounds like your year has got off to a stinker. Eduhobnobs and whiskey for you!

13. Thanks to JonThompson from:

nyiss (7th January 2014)

Thank Post
    kids all came back today and the norm password resets,
    and last night i desided to deploy the sims aut 2 update. and.... got three machines playing silly buggers with it and still waiting for the sims team to give me the set up files for it -_-
    the nm is ill so just me with manning the battle turrets along with working on 3 projects. (one being exchange migration and it being a brat, another is intranet page i like this is it be the "secret project" and the last is network project for next fin year)
    i like multi tasking on projects ^^
    Last edited by bushby; 7th January 2014 at 01:09 PM.

Thank Post
    if the pcs have had sims working before ive had sucess just copying the c:\program files (x86)\sims\sims .net folder from a working machine to a faulty one before

16. Thanks to sted from:

bushby (7th January 2014)

Thank Post
    your sims installation files should be in sor whoever your SIMS drive is mapped)\sims\setups\

there will be SIMSinst for full installation, but most of the time simsapplicationsetup will refresh the files and get it working.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast