+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, This irritated me slightly.. in General; This was sent round on a whole staff email today 10 Reasons to Love Teaching . I never feel bad ...
    Thank Post

This irritated me slightly..

This was sent round on a whole staff email today 10 Reasons to Love Teaching

. I never feel bad when my non-teaching friends are working during half-term or just get a few days at Christmas. They picked the wrong job.

Teachers of the World…let’s talk up the profession. There is no better one.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Woooooow...

And they wonder why people dislike teachers.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I don't think it's as bad as perhaps you perceive; this is clearly coming from one of the teachers that loves their job and would say the same about anyone that isn't teaching. But of course teaching isn't for everyone. They're just saying they don't feel bad about it, it's not nasty!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Agree with Syn' - everyone hates teachers but I refuse to feel guilty about the holidays or pay I get compared to others. It's the path I chose and I was successful at getting here. The majority of teachers work hard (even during the holidays).

The people who generally have a go at teachers are the ones who haven't got a clue. My mother is one of them :-)

Take it in the amusing way it was probably intended.

GJE

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mdench View Post
    This was sent round on a whole staff email today 10 Reasons to Love Teaching
    remind them about that when they are next moaning about reports, homework, twilight sessions etc "Sorry your picked it - its the best one, I dont care"

I do find it really thoughtless that they sent it to all staff - its a bit of a slap in the face for all the hardworking Associate staff.

6. 3 Thanks to CamelMan:

bossman (20th December 2013), gmj (20th December 2013), strawberry (20th December 2013)

Thank Post
    ^ that. Exactly. I remind teachers they are paid for a year same as me, they choose to do their work in a shorter time frame than me so when it comes to reports, parents evening, meetings, inset etc etc that's the choice they make!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I see nothing wrong, agree with them even. I've seen how hard good teachers do actually work, and how much is done out of hours and during so called holiday time. No I don't begrudge them their time off. I couldn't and wouldn't want to do their job. And they are right, If I'm not happy working through the school holidays - then I picked the wrong job. Actually, I'm very happy working through the holidays - it's term time I struggle with

9. Thanks to tmcd35 from:

hallb15 (20th December 2013)

Thank Post
    Unfortunately, I have to say that if the teachers here did their job half as well as I do mine, we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now.......teetering on the brink of Special Measures.

I'm sure there are some good, thoughtful, egalitarian teachers somewhere in the country, but not here. We have five, maybe, at the outside.

I get a bit fed-up when they say to me, 'You're really clever, you should have been a teacher.' I normally respond with, 'If I'd wanted to be a teacher, I'd have been a teacher.' When I get really p#ssed off, I say 'Yes, I know I'm really clever, that's why I'm NOT a teacher'.

Apologies to all teachers on here, but you must be able to see my point. Support Staff here have already been warned about redundancies if we go into Special Measures, and it really is not our fault. It's the T&L that's failing, and we don't do T&L.

Thank Post
    The whole article irritates me.

8. Being your own boss; creating your own spaceOf course we all have things we have to do that we’d rather not. But teaching affords a fantastic degree of autonomy. If you choose, teaching can have an strong element of performance about it…you’re on stage, live and in the room with 9M; you can express yourself in a way that you never do around adults. Or, you can be quietly cerebral, wildly eccentric or straightforward and dignified. The classroom is your domain…your space to make things happen the way you want them to. Every lesson is yours to craft, the way you want it…testing out ideas, exploring off at tangents or just keeping it simple. I love that.

That's quite telling, I reckon.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CamelMan View Post
    <SNIP>

I do find it really thoughtless that they sent it to all staff - its a bit of a slap in the face for all the hardworking Associate staff.
    Our bunch of clowns do this as well. Somehow they seem to think that the teaching staff ARE the whole staff.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 749 Posts
    I agree with Michael Gove and what he would like, all public sector workers and this includes teachers to work a 37 hour contracted week same as everyone else, now it gets really interesting as he also wants teachers to have less holiday time too.

Yes teachers you chose this professional route and if the powers that be change the working practice will you all still work in this profession.....................I would think the answer will be yes as the real world workers are sick and tired of your bellyaching!!!

All is about to change for the teaching fraternity and they really don't like it........all I can say is get used to it as change is on it's way :P

Thank Post
    oh boo hoo teachers suck yah boo rah

Why cant we all just get along

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthling View Post
    I get a bit fed-up when they say to me, 'You're really clever, you should have been a teacher.' I normally respond with, 'If I'd wanted to be a teacher, I'd have been a teacher.' When I get
    The response to that should be "You don't need to be clever to be a teacher"

Rob

16. Thanks to twin--turbo from:

bossman (20th December 2013)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bossman View Post
    I agree with Michael Gove and what he would like, all public sector workers and this includes teachers to work a 37 hour contracted week same as everyone else, now it gets really interesting as he also wants teachers to have less holiday time too.
    Wohoo! Unpaid time off for all union members

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 749 Posts
    @tmcd35:

That's cool as we all know teachers work far more hours than 37 don't they?

All M&P to be done in holiday time 31 days per annum same as support staff Yahoooo!!!!

Wonder how they will manage to get all that work which they gripe about done in such a short time as 37 hours per week?

I know let's ask a support member of staff they know how because they are really clever people hehe! :P

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast