+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, DVD Copying in General; One of our primary schools have asked us to copy/make 120 DVD's with cases? Are there any companies out there ...
    Thank Post

DVD Copying

One of our primary schools have asked us to copy/make 120 DVD's with cases? Are there any companies out there that provide this service but are secure and safe?

Obviously we could do it ourselves, but 120 is a lot of man hours! Any links to any cheap multiple DVD Burners, Cases and DVD's would also be appreciated!

Thank Post
    We needed to do something similar once. A teacher got some students to do it on a PC. Could be a modern day replacement for lines

Thank Post
    Do you have an IT suite with DVD burners? ISO on a share or copied locally. ~30 computers and ~30 pupils only need to burn four each.

Thank Post
    We used River Pro Audio when we needed to do something similar. We had to mock up the design on the templates they provided and a master copy of the disc.
    Even though we have a 1-8 duplicator onsite it was still worthwhile sending this to them to do. They sent it all back a few days later a professionally done. CD Printed, Jewel Case and Inlay and back cover. I think we may have paid a little extra for silver disk finish to make it look better than just a green duplicated CD-R.

If you need any more info then let me know.

Michael

Thank Post
    I forgot to mention that the DVD is of the christmas play, so is this something I need to consider for child protection?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sippo View Post
    I forgot to mention that the DVD is of the christmas play, so is this something I need to consider for child protection?
    Most definitely it is. However, I would think most schools request permission to photo/film students as part of the admission process, so you should only need to worry about those students where permission was denied.

Thank Post
    You may also need to consider any copyright issues for any music that you have used in the play.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zourous View Post
    We needed to do something similar once. A teacher got some students to do it on a PC. Could be a modern day replacement for lines
    I wish some of my schools would agree to do this! I get a bit peeved by the "we need x copies of this" at certain times of the year - it's a job any monkey could do, and I'm usually stretched pretty thin as it is. On one site the staff complained that they didn't have optical drives in their machines - so I know they realise that they now have them, and suspect that they're more than capable of burning/ripping their own CDs.

Thank Post
    I've just done 60 in our ICT suite using Imgburn. I created the iso on a share and then started it running on 30 computers. By the time I'd got to the last one, the first had finished and I went around again. Less than an hour including verification. I did the same thing last year when the network was running at 100M and it took ages with the buffers emptying. At 1Gb it was able to run as fast as the dvds could be written to.
    Last edited by laserblazer; 19th December 2013 at 01:16 PM.

Thank Post
    Last time I was asked to do this I did it all manually as it was just too costly to pay somebody else to do it, when there was no charge for the DVD we were giving out. Was cheaper to find somebody to sit there swapping DVD's and clicking OK. With IMGBURN I think you can specify the number of copies so it literally is just a case of feeding the computer DVDs.
    Last edited by Edu-IT; 19th December 2013 at 01:19 PM.

Thank Post
    we had to do around 800 with images printed onto the dvd's over a month or so got the cases from here Single BLACK DVD 14mm Storage Cases - 100 BOX we just had a couple of pc's on the office set to burn and swapped the discs when they were ejected they were then stuck into the printer that can handle discs. 120 isn't too bad i wouldn't want to do 800 again

Thank Post
    We were asked to do 1200 CD copies once, the business manager had made a start....... copied about 3 then gave up. Asked us to do the remaining 1197. We pointed out there was no way we could manage it and offered to beuro it but the idea was canned.

5 years later we are still making our way through the 1200 disk that were bought for the job!!!!!

Rob

Thank Post
    Give this company a call,
    Live Wire Duplication Ltd
    Unit 17 Alfold Business Centre
    Loxwood Road
    Alfold
    Surrey
    GU6 8HP

Tel +44 (0)1403 752875

DVD duplication | CD duplication | CD and DVD printing services | DVD & CD Duplication
    sales@livewire-cds.co.uk

We now put anything over 30 copies to them.

14. Thanks to chris_uk from:

sippo (19th December 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryMonkey View Post
    You may also need to consider any copyright issues for any music that you have used in the play.
    While I'm sure your school has a license to use music in school, if it is using music under copyright, your school should have purchased a specific licence that would allow for the performance to even be recorded, let alone copied and distributed/sold. You may want to check before you start copying all those DVDs

More information can be found here and on the main PRS website.

Thank Post
    Usually, this time of year, bulk copying is for a Xmas production and if this has been purchased, then copyright issues are covered. Usually, the copyright owner gets 50p per copy. They may also require credits in a suitable form. Again, this will be clear in the production pack.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast