+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Peugeot 3008 - any edugeek owners? in General; I'm thinking of changing my car again, looking at crossovers and the 3008 seems to stand out for economy as ...
    Thank Post

Peugeot 3008 - any edugeek owners?

I'm thinking of changing my car again, looking at crossovers and the 3008 seems to stand out for economy as well as general spaciousness and comfort. Has anyone got one? What's it like to live with? I'm pretty tall as well and I did read it wasn't great for tall drivers?

Thank Post
    we had one, it was great for the family plenty of space for bikes etc. I liked the high driving position and the fuel economy was good. But as we discovered with living in a rural location and in recent years the heavy snow falls its rubbish in snowy or icy weather. The wife says that in these conditions it does make handling interesting.

Thank Post
    Nothing beats winter tyres - four wheel drive is not much help in icy conditions with regular road tyres. You just end up with four wheels spinning instead of two!

Thank Post
    I'm a mod on the pug forums and there's a big increase in 3008 queries coming on - queries where the owners are not getting dealer satisfaction.

The reviews seem mixed. Top Gear magazine said "Peugeot is back at its best. The 3008's a fine all-rounder and a family car you could want to own." yet only gave it 5/10.

The thing with many Peugeots - 306, 307, 206, 407 is that the Mk1 models had bugs and issues that were only ironed out after being reported by the long term test driver guinea pigs (the customers).

This feedback then goes back to Peugeot who sort them out in the facelift models, which is why the latest versions of the above models are great and the early models of their replacements - especially the 107, 207 & 308 - are terrible. The early 107s suffer with gearbox and boot leak issues. There's a nasty problem on early petrol 207s where coolant leaks into the wiring loom and runs straight into the car's ECU.

Here's a link to the 3008 section of Peugeotforums to see how other owners are getting on:

3008 - Peugeot Forums

Popular gripes seems to be wind noise and draughts - sign of poor door seals maybe?
    Last edited by Gibbo; 19th December 2013 at 12:09 PM.

Thank Post
    I think it was the size of the tyre's. Its because the drive had a slight incline, my old 1.0L Corsa never had any issues getting up.

Thank Post

Thank Post
    oh that reminds me we've had the parking sensors replaced three times on it, and the drives side headlight at the last count had been replaced six times. When i queried it with the dealer he indicated the electronics were an issue.

Thank Post
    Hmmm, it was shaping up to be a good buy. There is one I am going to look at with Grip Control (which seems to be as rare as hen's teeth), it's meant to make it almost as good as 4WD in the snow/mud but I agree, tyres are important. I had a Freelander 2 for a while and that was absolutely unstoppable in the snow, bloody steep incline with 8 inches of snow? Don't mind if I do!

I'd love one of the Dacia Dusters but the diesel 4WD versions are out of my budget and they are too new to have many on the used market.

Thank Post
    It's french.

Thank Post
    Dad has the automatic version really comfy, spacious and loads of room in the boot. Fairly economic and nice to drive though the automatic version has issues get off the mark quickly if you put your foot down. As said by some its interesting to drive when in the snow... but apart from that its nice car

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,757 Posts
    When we were looking 18 months ago we looked at all the crossovers because I wanted something a bit bigger than an ordinary car but not as big as my old seven-seater.
    We test drove the Mitsubishi ASX, the Nissan Qashqai, the Peugeot 3008, the Yeti and a Hyundai
    We felt the Peugeot was very cramped inside because of the large unit in between the front seats and we certainly found the ceiling low and the whole thing "small" feeling. The Qashqua +2 was the most spacious.
    The Yeti was nice to drive but a bit "plasticky"
    The car that ticked all the boxes - space, economy, driving position, safety etc was the Mitsubishi ASX. I have had it for 18 months now and I cannot fault it. It is the 2 wheel drive version but was pretty secure in the snow last year.
    And it looks gorgeous, especially in Kingfisher Blue!
    (mrWITch drives a Pug 206 TDI sport so we were keen on the 3008 but it just didnt live up to expectations)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread