+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, History of browsing? in General; At one school they use Google Calendar and have a single logon for everyone so they can all add or ...
    Thank Post

History of browsing?

At one school they use Google Calendar and have a single logon for everyone so they can all add or modify things in the school calendar/diary. Had one teacher come to me to say she has seen some iffy history results when she has looked at her (chrome history). She is convinced its someone else as everyone has the same logon but I thought that the history would be just local i.e it would have been done on here laptop not on someone elses? Can anyone confirm about where history is saved and created in this situation?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 798 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TechSupp View Post
    At one school they use Google Calendar and have a single logon for everyone so they can all add or modify things in the school calendar/diary. Had one teacher come to me to say she has seen some iffy history results when she has looked at her (chrome history). She is convinced its someone else as everyone has the same logon but I thought that the history would be just local i.e it would have been done on here laptop not on someone elses? Can anyone confirm about where history is saved and created in this situation?
    EDIT: updating

EDIT2: Sorry, my mistake, it depends how the account is setup. You can choose whether or not to sync History, if syncing is enabled then it will show history from all devices (just tried it myself to confirm). However, I can't see any way from the full history to tell which device each history item is from... it seems there should be some way to do it...
    Last edited by LosOjos; 16th December 2013 at 01:28 PM.

Thank Post
    It is synced from device to device.

If you press the menu button in the top right and go to "Recent Tabs" you will get a list of all the recent tabs on every logged in device. Press "More..." on the same menu to view the full history from every device. The arrow next to a list item should show which device it was viewed on (doesn't always for me here)

Thank Post
    EDIT- see above post. I had no idea you could do that.

Why not give them all a separate account? Sharing of information such as calendars is what Google does best. Google Apps for Education is free for your school. Google Apps for Education | Official Website and very easy to set up.
    Last edited by edutech4schools; 16th December 2013 at 01:37 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanks, I presume that the above is only if they are using Chrome and logged in. Can we turn off the sync of history etc. Multiple accounts may be a step to far for them at the moment!

Thank Post
    Thanks, I presume that the above is only if they are using Chrome and logged in. Can we turn off the sync of history etc. Multiple accounts may be a step to far for them at the moment!
    Settings > Advanced Sync Settings > Untick History > Ok

7. Thanks to SovietRussia from:

TechSupp (16th December 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread