+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
General Chat Thread, Anyone have Sky TV in School? in General; Does anyone have Sky TV in School? How much does it cost?...
  1. #1

    fiza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,174
    Thank Post
    431
    Thanked 317 Times in 268 Posts
    Rep Power
    153

    Anyone have Sky TV in School?

    Does anyone have Sky TV in School? How much does it cost?

  2. #2

    Michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    9,262
    Thank Post
    242
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 1,252 Posts
    Rep Power
    340
    Not Sky, but I've setup Freesat. You just need a TV license.

    Freesat (if you're unsure) uses the same cabling and dish setup as Sky, pointing at Astra 2 @ 28.2 degrees east. This allows you to receive all the FTA (Free to Air) channels.

  3. #3

    fiza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,174
    Thank Post
    431
    Thanked 317 Times in 268 Posts
    Rep Power
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Not Sky, but I've setup Freesat. You just need a TV license.

    Freesat (if you're unsure) uses the same cabling and dish setup as Sky, pointing at Astra 2 @ 28.2 degrees east. This allows you to receive all the FTA (Free to Air) channels.
    Yes but we want Sky Sports hence I want to know how much sky charge.

  4. #4

    Michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    9,262
    Thank Post
    242
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 1,252 Posts
    Rep Power
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by fiza View Post
    Yes but we want Sky Sports hence I want to know how much sky charge.
    No idea, but you could always phone/email them?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    79
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by fiza View Post
    Yes but we want Sky Sports hence I want to know how much sky charge.
    Out of pure interest how does having Sky Sports in a school educate children? Is it for PE lessons or something?

  6. #6
    Mark182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    141
    Thank Post
    17
    Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
    Rep Power
    11
    We have sky. £68.00 a month. We pay a year off at a time via cheque. We show sky news every day in our student zones to keep them up to date with current affairs, we also have subtitles on sky news to help with reading and we also show sports events when they are on.

  7. Thanks to Mark182 from:

    fiza (12th December 2013)

  8. #7

    fiza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,174
    Thank Post
    431
    Thanked 317 Times in 268 Posts
    Rep Power
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by PeggleStar View Post
    Out of pure interest how does having Sky Sports in a school educate children? Is it for PE lessons or something?
    yes the request came from PE Dept

  9. #8

    fiza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,174
    Thank Post
    431
    Thanked 317 Times in 268 Posts
    Rep Power
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark182 View Post
    We have sky. £68.00 a month. We pay a year off at a time via cheque. We show sky news every day in our student zones to keep them up to date with current affairs, we also have subtitles on sky news to help with reading and we also show sports events when they are on.
    What do you get for £68 per month?

  10. #9

    fiza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,174
    Thank Post
    431
    Thanked 317 Times in 268 Posts
    Rep Power
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    No idea, but you could always phone/email them?
    Edugeek is always my first port of call

  11. #10
    Mark182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    141
    Thank Post
    17
    Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
    Rep Power
    11
    Everything but sky movies and XXX channels. We obviously cannot charge for viewing and sky go isn’t included in the package so we cannot view via web browser.

  12. Thanks to Mark182 from:

    fiza (12th December 2013)

  13. #11

    fiza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,174
    Thank Post
    431
    Thanked 317 Times in 268 Posts
    Rep Power
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark182 View Post
    Everything but sky movies and XXX channels. We obviously cannot charge for viewing and sky go isn’t included in the package so we cannot view via web browser.
    Thanks. Shame about Sky Go. Could have come in useful to show things in the main hall over the projector and screen.

  14. #12
    DSapseid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    1,152
    Thank Post
    130
    Thanked 54 Times in 47 Posts
    Rep Power
    38
    could get a hdmi over ethernet adapter and run that from the sky box to the projector in the hall if its not to far?

  15. #13

    fiza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,174
    Thank Post
    431
    Thanked 317 Times in 268 Posts
    Rep Power
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by DSapseid View Post
    could get a hdmi over ethernet adapter and run that from the sky box to the projector in the hall if its not to far?
    Quite a distance. some of it covered by fibre.

  16. #14

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    79
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark182 View Post
    Everything but sky movies and XXX channels. We obviously cannot charge for viewing and sky go isn’t included in the package so we cannot view via web browser.
    Do you have the HD or BT Sports channels?

  17. #15

    john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,362
    Thank Post
    1,499
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 922 Posts
    Rep Power
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by fiza View Post
    Thanks. Shame about Sky Go. Could have come in useful to show things in the main hall over the projector and screen.
    You not stick it through a Slingbox or something internally?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Showing sky tv in school?
    By ihaveaproblem in forum AV and Multimedia Related
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11th March 2012, 03:27 PM
  2. Anyone using BT Infinity in school???
    By Simcfc73 in forum Enterprise Software
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2nd December 2011, 01:26 PM
  3. Sky TV in staff room
    By m0nty in forum AV and Multimedia Related
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 20th September 2010, 05:50 PM
  4. Sky TV in schools?
    By u8dmtm in forum AV and Multimedia Related
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 25th September 2009, 11:19 AM
  5. Does anyone have ergo laptops in thier School?
    By HTCIT in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 3rd July 2009, 12:34 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •