+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Anyone have Sky TV in School? in General; ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark182 View Post
    We have sky. £68.00 a month. We pay a year off at a time via cheque. We show sky news every day in our student zones to keep them up to date with current affairs, we also have subtitles on sky news to help with reading and we also show sports events when they are on.
    Ok just phoned Sky. As a School we are classed as a Business Premises rather than residential. They have an Education Package for £15 per month but your only get News & Events Channels, Knowledge Channels, Culture Channels. It includes Eurosport and Sky Sports News but does NOT include any Sky Sports.

To get Sky Sports you are then into Pub/Club rates which go into the hundreds of pounds!!!
    @Mark182 - How did you get it for £68 with Sky Sports?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fiza View Post
    Ok just phoned Sky. As a School we are classed as a Business Premises rather than residential. They have an Education Package for £15 per month but your only get News & Events Channels, Knowledge Channels, Culture Channels. It includes Eurosport and Sky Sports News but does NOT include any Sky Sports.

To get Sky Sports you are then into Pub/Club rates which go into the hundreds of pounds!!!
    This may or may not help but I think it comes down to which customer services rep you get at the time, I do know Sky have a load of offers on at the moment. I am not sure if they give schools offers but it may be worth calling them again and see if their give you some sort of deal. Sky have 1000's of customer service reps answering the phones every day so your never get the same one twice. I am currently on a 75% discount, ok I am a residential customer but all I did was ask if they had any offers on and they gave me 75% off for 12 months, no harm in asking.
    Last edited by PeggleStar; 12th December 2013 at 02:22 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PeggleStar View Post
    This may or may not help but I think it comes down to which customer services rep you get at the time, I do know Sky have a load of offers on at the moment. I am not sure if they give schools offers but it may be worth calling them again and see if their give you some sort of deal. Sky have 1000's of customer service reps answering the phones every day so your never get the same one twice. I am currently on a 75% discount, ok I am a residential customer but all I did was ask if they had any offers on and they gave me 75% off for 12 months, no harm in asking.
    I dont think its a matter of offers. Sky Sports is just not part of the Education Package from Sky. I think home users is different and you can haggle.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fiza View Post

I will PM our account manager. Say you want the same deal as us. I will PM you our school name also.

Thank Post
    We have the £15 education package. We never really wanted the Sky Sports package but when I enquired - we were quoted ££££

Thank Post
    Quick 2p, what about a Now TV box. I've not looked into it for education, but I've been thinking about one at home as an alternative to a second sky box and such. It's powered by Sky and you can added various packages to it, including day or month passes for Sky Sports and such. Might be worth looking into it. Has a HDMI or Composite output on it.

https://shop.nowtv.com/

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12