+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Ill people in General; Gawd, hope I can avoid going down with anything this year...had some dreadful bronchitis Christmases in the past, and the ...
    BJG
    Thank Post

Ill people

Gawd, hope I can avoid going down with anything this year...had some dreadful bronchitis Christmases in the past, and the guy I'm sharing an office with is coughing like a good 'un.

Thank Post
    Got lurgy now.

Thank Post
    I have a bad cold at the moment which I got from my 15 year old cousin, he caught it from school then has a day off and comes here and gives it to me. Not happy

BJG
    Thank Post
    Nono...keep back, keep back...

Thank Post
    I have taken 3 sick days in my time where I am now, 19 months. Is this good?

Thank Post
    Sick day every 6 months is about par for a school with all those germs going around.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,859 Times in 1,252 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've been super healthy since I started here. Must saved it all up for the last month or so as I have had a dose of everything going. Got a terrible cough now *hack* *hack* *blurgh*

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,823 Posts
    Apart from the two days I had off when I broke my toe dropping a computer on it, I have had 3 days off in 5 years.
    Everyone around me is ill - I feel like a 70's Welsh rugby player - possibly JPR - ducking and diving through the staffroom trying to avoid catching a bug

I'm even saying things to myself like "I could be ill Monday and Tuesday next week if I have to"

Thank Post
    I've been off three days with it, although I will be back in tomorrow. This is the second bout this winter, the last one about a month ago, again three days off. Prior to this, I haven't had a day off in a couple of years. When I worked in my first school, I was always down with the dreaded lurgy. I left after 4 years and managed two winters in private enterprise without any time off. That first school really toughened me up. It was all those youngsters who didn't believe in hankies, preferring just to spray everyone (delightful!) I'm in a college now, so I shouldn't be in as much "danger", but as I said, I've been off twice in as many months. Flu jab methinks....

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rickjames View Post
    I have taken 3 sick days in my time where I am now, 19 months. Is this good?
    It's good if it's terminal, otherwise it's pretty rubbish. I've got a black arm band for if I ever have a day off sick.

Thank Post
    My Missus has been down with real-actual flu for the past week, so far I'm surviving living in the plague house, but I fear it is only a matter of time and I am acutely aware of any twinge in my neck or joints or soreness in my throat!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,859 Times in 1,252 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster View Post
    It's good if it's terminal, otherwise it's pretty rubbish. I've got a black arm band for if I ever have a day off sick.
    Meh, I really don't get people's pride at never having a day off. If you're sick, have time off, get better, don't pass it on to your work colleagues.

Really annoys me to see staff members dragging themselves in out of a sense of obligation 'cause yeah, I really want you spluttering and spraying your disease all over the place. Go home and get over yourself. The place won't collapse in your absence.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,413 Times in 1,767 Posts
    I take myself to Boots every October and get a flu jab which wards off some of the lurgies... I am meticulous about hand washing and using antibac gel at school and as soon as I get home. Primary school kids are particularly germy little beasts and our preschoolers are worse!

So far, this winter, so good! Hopefully the eldest won't bring anything home from University with her on Saturday, otherwise we'll all be ill over Christmas.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    Meh, I really don't get people's pride at never having a day off. If you're sick, have time off, get better, don't pass it on to your work colleagues.

Really annoys me to see staff members dragging themselves in out of a sense of obligation 'cause yeah, I really want you spluttering and spraying your disease all over the place. Go home and get over yourself. The place won't collapse in your absence.

Same here, but I'm just never ill. A lot of it is in the mind anyway, think healthy, don't let crap get you down and be positive.
    Obviously doesn't work for AIDS etc....

Thank Post
    I'm always wishing for a day off ill because I imagine it to be just a duvet day playing xbox and watching tv...... then i'm actually ill and im either on my death bed wishing for it all to end or bored out of brain by lunch time.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast