+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Spiceworks 7.0.01317 in General; Just a heads up - DON'T. This version is worse than Alpha code - it breaks more than it fixes. ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 623 Posts

Spiceworks 7.0.01317

Just a heads up - DON'T.
    This version is worse than Alpha code - it breaks more than it fixes. Avoid at all costs - you have been warned. I'm not going into details but talk about going backwards - it's the pits. When a simple file attachment can knock over a help desk you just know you are in trouble.
    Last edited by ZeroHour; 3rd December 2013 at 03:41 AM.

2. 4 Thanks to mattx:

ICT_Pro (3rd December 2013), Mr.Ben (3rd December 2013), rich_tech (3rd December 2013), speckytecky (3rd December 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,693 Times in 1,266 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yeh...noticed...lol

Thank Post
    was wondering about downloading it, ill avoid it now though looking at this, am only just on V7

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,785 Posts
    Blog Entries
    How about 7.0.01322?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    How about 7.0.01322?
    I was on ver 6 before this and that was great - very stable. Only had to re-start it once a week or so. This new version is also causing problems on our exchange server in the submission queue. Always spiceworks tickets with attachments and they refuse to clear. I know there are some fixes with the latest SP for Exchange for this but I can't remember last time rolling out an update caused so many problems.
    If you are on any version of 6 - stick with it unless you want a world of pain.
    I have the support guys looking at our logs now which will hopefully help - for a free system it's great but it does annoy me when versions are released which tend to cause so many issues.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,785 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Been running 7 for a while. Not had any issues with it personally. The new helpdesk layout is a huge improvement. The entire system is more responsive and I only have to restart it once a month at most.

I suppose it's one of those systems that will vary according to how you use it.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Been running 7 for a while. Not had any issues with it personally. The new helpdesk layout is a huge improvement. The entire system is more responsive and I only have to restart it once a month at most.

I suppose it's one of those systems that will vary according to how you use it.
    True, personally I don't like the new interface - the old one you get more on one page, the new one you have to do lots of paging down etc. Hey, but I'm just a fuss pot..... :-)
    It is certainly more responsive - and in fact now I've stopped the link between two of out helpdesks its even better.
    I've a response from Spiceworks Support - one of the fixes is in the latest release ( addresses the tickets with attachment issues ) - so I may roll that out tomorrow - need to speak to the powers that be first though.....

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,588 Times in 1,391 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Luckily we are on a change freeze

One thing that annoys me on v7 of the helpdesk is that you can't close a ticket as a duplicate without accepting the ticket.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
    Luckily we are on a change freeze

One thing that annoys me on v7 of the helpdesk is that you can't close a ticket as a duplicate without accepting the ticket.
    Yep - took me a while to work that one out myself......

Thank Post
    Had nothing but issues with v7. 6.2 was fine but in 7 inventory browsing is very very painfull

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information