+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Another blow for the SNP... in General; As predicted, it's looking less likely they can just "lift and shift" membership of the EU ... BBC News - ...

Thank Post

Another blow for the SNP...

As predicted, it's looking less likely they can just "lift and shift" membership of the EU ...

BBC News - Scottish independence: Mariano Rajoy says Scotland would be 'outside EU'

Add to that they fact that the rest of the UK seem reluctant (particularly the Welsh) to let the keep the Pound, I really do hope people see sense when the polls open next year and vote NO which so far seems to be the current trend: Should Scotland be an independent country? | What Scotland Thinks

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The SNP are utterly insane, they are assuming that everyone will roll over and give an independent Scotland anything they want. They assume they will be allowed in the EU, assume the Nordic countries will let them into their exclusive club, assume they can use sterling and assume that we will allow them into the Common Travel Area (which would automatically deny them participation in Schengen if they did become EU members). Salmond needs a wake-up call before he destroys one of the most beautiful parts of the British Isles.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    I don't mind if Scotland go independent because England are historically better at beating them at war.
    We might have a chance to beat them at war again provided we get our nukes back of course.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberNerd View Post
    I don't mind if Scotland go independent because England are historically better at beating them at war.
    We might have a chance to beat them at war again provided we get our nukes back of course.
    Erm.. Please don't - I love my country (as part of the UK that is!) and I'm living a wee bit too close to the border
    BTW, Should Salmond get enough tummy rubs, he'll be throwing the nukes your way anyway :P

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    He's a politician, he might say now that he wants rid of them but given half a chance they'd end up in SNP hands to make sure Scotland is a nuclear power.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    He's a politician, he might say now that he wants rid of them but given half a chance they'd end up in SNP hands to make sure Scotland is a nuclear power.
    Probably so they can get into NATO...
    And to make sure they get into the EU
    And keep the Pound.

Basically, he could hold everyone to ransom

Oh dear god.. Alex Salmond with his finger on the Red Button - Should we laugh or quake in our boots!

Thank Post
    More importantly, if independent, Scotland will be able to enter the Eurovision Song Contest.

Thank Post
    As a Scot an ex British soldier and someone that worked at the nuclear bases on the Clyde I hope for all our sakes everyone votes NO No No

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by unixman_again View Post
    More importantly, if independent, Scotland will be able to enter the Eurovision Song Contest.
    Erm ...... sounds interesting .......

Nicolas Cage Laugh.gif

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by unixman_again View Post
    That is a truly scary thought...

They'd probably bring Ronnie Browne out of retirement to sing Flower Of Scotland

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    That is a truly scary thought...

They'd probably bring Ronnie Browne out of retirement to sing Flower Of Scotland
    TAKE THE NUKES! TAKE THE GODDAM NUKES!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I really hope that Scotland votes no. I do believe we are stronger together.

The SNP's campaign seems to be an odd mixture of nationalistic drum banging and fingers in ears 'Lalala everything will be ok'-ing with various ideas that independence is hung on being challenged as being incorrect.

However, what I would like to see is a union of more equal countries working together for the common good. Hopefully a no vote might provoke some debate on the nature of the union rather than just confirming the status quo.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,250 Posts
    I think the general feedback from Jo Public in Scotland is no. I personally don't think it'll happen and without a doubt the Scottish people have more to lose.

Unfortunately it'll just mean we'll hear Alex talking about it non-stop until 2015. The guy seriously needs to focus on the needs of the Scottish people in a financially difficult time.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I think the general feedback from Jo Public in Scotland is no. I personally don't think it'll happen and without a doubt the Scottish people have more to lose.
    My main worry about the current polls, are the number of people who are not sure how they will vote, they change constantly, and could be enough to edge the vote more to a YES vote...

A YES vote would be damaging for Scotland in so many ways..

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Unfortunately it'll just mean we'll hear Alex talking about it non-stop until 2015. The guy seriously needs to focus on the needs of the Scottish people in a financially difficult time.
    Well, until 2014 really, and I suspect that at the next round of elects post-NO, the chances of Alex and his motley crew getting re-elected will be highly unlikely...

Thank Post
    I need to start digging some tunnels to cross the border to see my family.....

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast