+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
General Chat Thread, Im in the money..... Help me spend it! in General; Me? I never forgot. I never really knew..heh. I was always brought up with "if you can't afford, live without", ...
    Thank Post
    Me? I never forgot. I never really knew..heh. I was always brought up with "if you can't afford, live without", and rarely spend anything. My money got paid to my current acc, I live on that. When it gets too big, accountant always transferred it off to the building society/ISAs. I never really gave it any thought. It's monopoly money - as I say, what I don't see I don't miss.

I buy older cars, the most expensive so far cost me 1900 - bought from 50/50 current account/savings. Soon made that back up. I also pay out of the current into the "joint" household account 50/50 with the missus. That way we have our own current accounts to "play", and a household account for the bills, food, mortgage etc.

Excess goes into the savings, and I write it off. It's there if we have a disaster, but apart from that it's not touched. Occasionally lump some into an overpayment on the mortgage (down to around 65k from 85k now in 2 years). Any other accounts (and there will be some) are "off the radar" - I don't factor them in, to any intent they don't exist.

Apparently I have a "car fund" with circa 9k in it. Good good. I can pick up an older Zafira 7 seater for 2.5-3k. I'll run the Astra until it throws a rod or drops the gearbox, and get another cheapie.

My only real use for the money at this time in my life, apart from the 2 kidlets is to get the mortgage nuked. It's a 25 year job, and I'm damned if it's going the distance. I'm 36, I'd like it gone by 50 latest. And that's pessimistic. There are no other debts, never had a Credit card etc. Just the house, and it weighs on my mind a bit. Once that's gone, rock and roll. Plus mum has left me her house, so we could always rent one and nuke it that way. Then when the kids are old enough, they will also have options.

I get told I'm tight..and that it's daft when I sit and say "I'd like "x", but it's 40...hmm..do I, don't I..what would it be better spent on" etc...often "JUST BLOODY BUY IT!" is shouted. Heh.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirbendy View Post
    Me? I never forgot. I never really knew..heh. I was always brought up with "if you can't afford, live without", and rarely spend anything. My money got paid to my current acc, I live on that. When it gets too big, accountant always transferred it off to the building society/ISAs. I never really gave it any thought. It's monopoly money - as I say, what I don't see I don't miss.

I buy older cars, the most expensive so far cost me 1900 - bought from 50/50 current account/savings. Soon made that back up. I also pay out of the current into the "joint" household account 50/50 with the missus. That way we have our own current accounts to "play", and a household account for the bills, food, mortgage etc.

Excess goes into the savings, and I write it off. It's there if we have a disaster, but apart from that it's not touched. Occasionally lump some into an overpayment on the mortgage (down to around 65k from 85k now in 2 years). Any other accounts (and there will be some) are "off the radar" - I don't factor them in, to any intent they don't exist.

Apparently I have a "car fund" with circa 9k in it. Good good. I can pick up an older Zafira 7 seater for 2.5-3k. I'll run the Astra until it throws a rod or drops the gearbox, and get another cheapie.

My only real use for the money at this time in my life, apart from the 2 kidlets is to get the mortgage nuked. It's a 25 year job, and I'm damned if it's going the distance. I'm 36, I'd like it gone by 50 latest. And that's pessimistic. There are no other debts, never had a Credit card etc. Just the house, and it weighs on my mind a bit. Once that's gone, rock and roll. Plus mum has left me her house, so we could always rent one and nuke it that way. Then when the kids are old enough, they will also have options.

I get told I'm tight..and that it's daft when I sit and say "I'd like "x", but it's 40...hmm..do I, don't I..what would it be better spent on" etc...often "JUST BLOODY BUY IT!" is shouted. Heh.
    a man after my own heart

Thank Post
    Well I spent it on clothes small needed bits for hiking and camping.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirbendy View Post

Haha! We are similar except I know the money is there, so it ends up getting spent.

(I don't regret the Cee'd though!).

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234