+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
General Chat Thread, Best HYS comment yet.... in General; Best HYS comment on the BBC yet has to be on the: Consoles: One box to rule them all? by ...
  1. #1

    mattx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    9,247
    Thank Post
    1,059
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 625 Posts
    Rep Power
    740

    Best HYS comment yet....

    Best HYS comment on the BBC yet has to be on the:
    Consoles: One box to rule them all? by Rory Cellan " I'm amazed the BBC still employ me.." Jones:

    BBC News - Consoles: One box to rule them all?


  2. #2

    AngryTechnician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,730
    Thank Post
    698
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 761 Posts
    Rep Power
    395
    Priceless!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,844
    Thank Post
    90
    Thanked 317 Times in 241 Posts
    Rep Power
    90
    our ICT teacher often shows this clown when he hasn't done any lesson planning, The kids all sit there wondering what he's actually saying because as a collection of words they all make sense but the sentences are nonsensical!

  4. #4
    rich_tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    1,153
    Thank Post
    140
    Thanked 148 Times in 129 Posts
    Rep Power
    67
    I read that whole hys, that guy was quite funny throughout though that made me laugh the most there, RCJ is a joke and long has been though

  5. #5

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    18,332
    Thank Post
    525
    Thanked 2,596 Times in 2,014 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    888
    I've yet to find anything that RCJ has said which isn't complete drivel. The guy has no idea!

    Also, the negative comments about gamers on that article are somewhat annoying. People still have this idea that gamers are all basement dwelling cheese puff eating fat guys.

    Making that generalisation is about as sensible as saying all car drivers want to be F1 drivers, or that everyone who watches TV likes X-Factor.

  6. #6

    SpuffMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,264
    Thank Post
    55
    Thanked 284 Times in 190 Posts
    Rep Power
    135
    Hey! Watch what you#re saying about us basement dwelling cheese puff eating fat guys - we're people too!

  7. Thanks to SpuffMonkey from:

    localzuk (24th November 2013)

  8. #7

    tech_guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Posts
    8,144
    Thank Post
    1,917
    Thanked 1,346 Times in 744 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    396
    Leary Cellophane Jeans is a dufus. He knows nowt when it comes to the subject he's supposed to be reporting on - a trait many BBC 'journalists' seem to share.

    If you want to see a bigger BBC plonker in action then check out Marc Chickensh!t's piece on this week's Click programme about the Xbox One:

    BBC iPlayer - Click: 23/11/2013

  9. #8

    mattx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    9,247
    Thank Post
    1,059
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 625 Posts
    Rep Power
    740
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    Leary Cellophane Jeans is a dufus. He knows nowt when it comes to the subject he's supposed to be reporting on - a trait many BBC 'journalists' seem to share.

    If you want to see a bigger BBC plonker in action then check out Marc Chickensh!t's piece on this week's Click programme about the Xbox One:

    BBC iPlayer - Click: 23/11/2013
    Watched that and cringed......
    Click used to be quite good - it's complete shite now. In fact the BBC itself is turning into a Daily Mail type entity.
    Last edited by mattx; 24th November 2013 at 05:22 PM.

  10. Thanks to mattx from:

    tech_guy (24th November 2013)

  11. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,844
    Thank Post
    90
    Thanked 317 Times in 241 Posts
    Rep Power
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    People still have this idea that gamers are all basement dwelling cheese puff eating fat guys.
    .
    Mum, bathroom!!!

  12. 4 Thanks to strawberry:

    CAM (25th November 2013), Garacesh (25th November 2013), rich_tech (25th November 2013), SovietRussia (25th November 2013)

  13. #10

    Dos_Box's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Preston, Lancashire
    Posts
    9,343
    Thank Post
    676
    Thanked 2,271 Times in 1,047 Posts
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    I've yet to find anything that RCJ has said which isn't complete drivel. The guy has no idea!

    Also, the negative comments about gamers on that article are somewhat annoying. People still have this idea that gamers are all basement dwelling cheese puff eating fat guys.

    Making that generalisation is about as sensible as saying all car drivers want to be F1 drivers, or that everyone who watches TV likes X-Factor.
    Never!

    Best HYS comment yet....-cartman-world-warcraft.jpg

    It does annoy me that the worlds largest grossing media generator and past time gets almost zero mainstream TV coverage. At 43 I judge myself to be amongst the worlds first gaming generation and even back in the late 80's early 90's there were several shows dedicated to gaming on the BBC and independent stations. Now? As far as I can tell, zero. Sometime soon this is going to bite the BBC/ITV/C4 etc. hard as they neglect a pastime enjoyed by many millions of people in the UK.
    Why on Earth do they think I'd rather watch Strictly Come Dancing?!!! I'd much rather watch a show called 'Headshot!'.
    Last edited by Dos_Box; 25th November 2013 at 12:17 PM.

  14. #11

    tech_guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Posts
    8,144
    Thank Post
    1,917
    Thanked 1,346 Times in 744 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    396
    I agree - for a long time now gaming has been seriously ignored as a topic for tv coverage in any depth.

    Other countries have primetime programming devoted to gaming / it / tech.

    What do we have - Click and the Gadget Show - both which can be highly superficial and annoying.

    All I can say is thank heavens for YouTube - I get to watch quite a few quality shows from the USA and other countries - there's some great programs out there.

  15. #12

    X-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    9,637
    Thank Post
    640
    Thanked 2,155 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    894
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    All I can say is thank heavens for YouTube
    Aye. 99% of what I watch is YouTube. [and 99% of that is gaming related.]

  16. #13

    Dos_Box's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Preston, Lancashire
    Posts
    9,343
    Thank Post
    676
    Thanked 2,271 Times in 1,047 Posts
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    I agree - for a long time now gaming has been seriously ignored as a topic for tv coverage in any depth.

    Other countries have primetime programming devoted to gaming / it / tech.

    What do we have - Click and the Gadget Show - both which can be highly superficial and annoying.

    All I can say is thank heavens for YouTube - I get to watch quite a few quality shows from the USA and other countries - there's some great programs out there.

    Can you list some channels/shows please?
    I see lots on YouTube often, but it would be handy to have some that are 'regular'

  17. #14
    CAM
    CAM is offline

    CAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Burgh Heath, Surrey
    Posts
    4,371
    Thank Post
    875
    Thanked 411 Times in 311 Posts
    Blog Entries
    61
    Rep Power
    314
    Trouble is gaming coverage on YouTube has also been the victim of weaponised copyright law. Don't like a review of the game? Takedown request. Covering our footage? Copyright claim and all money taken away from the person or outlet producing the video. It's becoming a minefield like the music industry.

  18. #15

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    18,332
    Thank Post
    525
    Thanked 2,596 Times in 2,014 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    888
    Live stream shows are good too for gaming, such as those on Twitch.



SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Video] The Best Ice Age Trailer Yet.....
    By mattx in forum Jokes/Interweb Things
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12th September 2011, 10:47 PM
  2. [Video] Carl Sagan: The Blessing and the Curse [ Best one yet ]
    By mattx in forum Jokes/Interweb Things
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20th May 2011, 05:28 PM
  3. Best comments you've heard in the Tech Office...?
    By Carter in forum General Chat
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 9th February 2011, 02:32 PM
  4. Best Use Yet For All Those Old Floppy Disks?
    By SYSMAN_MK in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11th November 2009, 11:02 AM
  5. [Video] Daily Show - Best Analysis of the Recession yet!
    By somabc in forum Jokes/Interweb Things
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 5th March 2009, 07:04 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •