+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Mobile Phone Contracts in General; So my 40 a month contract (yes, yes.. I know. Stupid teen moment, even the BlackBerry was a choice which ...
    Thank Post

Mobile Phone Contracts

So my 40 a month contract (yes, yes.. I know. Stupid teen moment, even the BlackBerry was a choice which I'll regret for the rest of my life!) expires in April, but I'm not going to be renewing it as I don't have the demand for pretty much all of the minutes/texts/data given to me... that's basically a positive way of looking at the "lolforevzalone>:" stance I'm at now. PAYG all the way!

After the fuss I've seen these networks make over it with some of my friends or have messed them around, I'm curious about what to expect. Are they a PITA to deal with when phoning to terminate it? Will they 'have no record of you phoning to cancel' and stitch you for another month?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,880 Times in 1,397 Posts
    Blog Entries
    if you dont cancel, or renew, it automatically continues on a 30day rolling contract.

ring now, ask for an email confirming the call.

Thank Post
    You won't be able to cancel yet I don't think, or even let them know to cancel it. Set a reminder to cancel 30 days before, as that is usually the earliest they'll accept it. Ring them up, tell them you're leaving, say you're not interested in anything more from them, and leave it there. They'll try to keep you but just decline. After you've made your last payment cancel the Direct Debit to be sure it ends.

Thank Post
    I love my Giffgaff deal; 12.50 a month, 250 cross network minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited data.

5. 2 Thanks to rickjames:

mattlynch (14th November 2013), Rawns (13th November 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rickjames View Post
    I love my Giffgaff deal; 12.50 a month, 250 cross network minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited data.
    I got my free SIM last week! I found a working phone in the 'man drawer' so connected it with that, the deals are fantastic. How stable is the network, I see they run off O2?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TBlax View Post
    I got my free SIM last week! I found a working phone in the 'man drawer' so connected it with that, the deals are fantastic. How stable is the network, I see they run off O2?
    I was a giffgaff advocate but for the last year its gone down hill. Missed calls, texts take forever to arrive at destination. Some people have stopped trying to get hold of me on my mobile and ring the landlinr instead as it is so hit and miss. Nothing wrong with my phone.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fiza View Post
    I was a giffgaff advocate but for the last year its gone down hill. Missed calls, texts take forever to arrive at destination. Some people have stopped trying to get hold of me on my mobile and ring the landlinr instead as it is so hit and miss. Nothing wrong with my phone.
    My girlfriend and a few of my mates use giffgaff and haven't seen any of these issues, I am moving to it next June when my contract runs out too. Are you in a rural area?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fiza View Post
    Similar experience here, support is shocking too! I have just had to buy an O2 PAYG sim and top up 10 just to get a network issue diagnosed!!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I was on GiffGaff about 14-16months ago. It was cheap but I was less than impressed with the speed and coverage of the 3G network. At the time, I was living in Barnet and working in Luton so I was hardly out in the sticks!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rickjames View Post
    +1 for GiffGaff! Unlimited data FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by TBlax View Post
    I've not had any issues with it. Works a treat. Have you activated? I can send you a link where you (and I) can get an extra 5!

Thank Post
    I've had a couple of issues since moving to GiffGaff a month ago, nothing on the scale of what I had with Orange however! (Missed calls, network connection dropping, slow/non-existent 3G data speeds, sms not getting delivered for several hours, unable to make / receive calls in the evening whenever visiting my other half in Leicester...).

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread