+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24
General Chat Thread, BT buy Champions League coverage - Sky's shares take a dive in General; I wonder will BT introduce charges now for watching matches or will they still be free if you have bt ...
  1. #16

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    217
    Thank Post
    34
    Thanked 33 Times in 32 Posts
    Rep Power
    20
    I wonder will BT introduce charges now for watching matches or will they still be free if you have bt broadband.

  2. #17

    CHR1S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    4,573
    Thank Post
    1,652
    Thanked 506 Times in 309 Posts
    Rep Power
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by captaincharisma View Post
    Sky 1 has some great original drama and comedy at the minute, will be a worry to ITV and BBC if they start putting more funds into their programming.
    I'm no expert, but as a quick google search says otherwise - some examples (An Idiot Abroad & Moaning of Life) 4 independent production companies - distributed by the BBC.
    The Office and The IT Crowd and Bo Selecta - Roughcut TV - independent company - produces for BBC, ITV, et al
    Stella - Tidy Productions (Ruth Jones) - BBC/Sky

    Its good for the indies, all Sky do is buy in very well...

    Edit - ITV have 13 production studios with LOTS of programs
    Last edited by CHR1S; 11th November 2013 at 02:58 PM.

  3. #18

    sparkeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,231
    Thank Post
    1,446
    Thanked 1,859 Times in 1,252 Posts
    Blog Entries
    22
    Rep Power
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by CHR1S View Post
    I'm no expert, but as a quick google search says otherwise - some examples (An Idiot Abroad & Moaning of Life) 4 independent production companies - distributed by the BBC.
    The Office and The IT Crowd and Bo Selecta - Roughcut TV - independent company - produces for BBC, ITV, et al
    Stella - Tidy Productions (Ruth Jones) - BBC/Sky

    Its good for the indies, all Sky do is buy in very well...
    From: BBC News - Can Sky bounce back from BT defeat?
    the thrust of all recent investment at BSkyB under Jeremy Darroch is to make its television service about much more than sport.Or to put it another way, Darroch believes there are more rewarding ways for his company to deploy £300m a year of cash.
    So for example BSkyB is already spending more than £500m a year on creating what it calls "original British programmes" - series such as the Tunnel, Dracula and Strike Back - with the published aim of increasing that to £600m by 2015.

  4. #19

    CHR1S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    4,573
    Thank Post
    1,652
    Thanked 506 Times in 309 Posts
    Rep Power
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    So for example BSkyB is already spending more than £500m a year on creating what it calls "original British programmes" - series such as the Tunnel, Dracula and Strike Back - with the published aim of increasing that to £600m by 2015.
    Strike Back - Produced by Left Bank Pictures - Funded by BBC

  5. #20

    sparkeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,231
    Thank Post
    1,446
    Thanked 1,859 Times in 1,252 Posts
    Blog Entries
    22
    Rep Power
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by CHR1S View Post
    Strike Back - Produced by Left Bank Pictures - Funded by BBC
    Ohhhh?
    How interesting. So...Sky are being a bit sneaky by claiming that they are 'creating' these shows?

  6. #21
    foofighterjim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    521
    Thank Post
    50
    Thanked 94 Times in 70 Posts
    Rep Power
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Danp View Post
    Looks like I will be having to get BT Sport next year so I can watch MotoGP as BBC and Eurosport have lost their coverage rights to BT as well.
    I hadn't realised Eurosport had lost the rights too! Typical, I get to the point in my life where I can afford Sky Sports and now hardly anything I watch is on it! The possibility of cancelling the Sports and Sky TV is now a very real prospect for me, however this is exactly what BT want me to think so on that basis I won't!

  7. #22

    LosOjos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    5,771
    Thank Post
    1,511
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 884 Posts
    Rep Power
    813
    Quote Originally Posted by foofighterjim View Post
    this is exactly what BT want me to think so on that basis I won't!
    You definitely should not set up a standing order to hand your salary over to me every month. Repeat: definitely don't do that.

  8. Thanks to LosOjos from:

    sparkeh (11th November 2013)

  9. #23
    foofighterjim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    521
    Thank Post
    50
    Thanked 94 Times in 70 Posts
    Rep Power
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    You definitely should not set up a standing order to hand your salary over to me every month. Repeat: definitely don't do that.
    £5.50 on its way to you now!

  10. Thanks to foofighterjim from:

    LosOjos (11th November 2013)

  11. #24

    CHR1S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    4,573
    Thank Post
    1,652
    Thanked 506 Times in 309 Posts
    Rep Power
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    Ohhhh?
    How interesting. So...Sky are being a bit sneaky by claiming that they are 'creating' these shows?
    Tunnel - Kudos Production (Owned by Shine Group (21st Century Fox - Murdoch owned)) So almost SKY made - The Tunnel remake of the Swedish/Danish crime thriller The Bridge for Sky Atlantic and French broadcaster Canal+ - Originally made content for BBC (Spooks)

    Dracula - Carnival Films & Television - NBCUniversal (Comcast) -



SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Champions League
    By featured_spectre in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 26th August 2011, 01:13 AM
  2. Champions League Draw.
    By GREED in forum Other Stuff
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17th December 2010, 01:38 PM
  3. Champions League 08 09
    By RabbieBurns in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16th September 2008, 06:42 PM
  4. Champions League Final
    By Simcfc73 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 22nd May 2008, 10:31 AM
  5. BT or SKY broadband..............?
    By tosca925 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 19th September 2007, 03:28 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •