+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Derbyshire Single Status how did we all do ? in General; Well, got my letter yesterday. Turns out it DIDN'T arrive using recorded delivery so was sat on the doormat waiting ...
    Thank Post
    Well, got my letter yesterday. Turns out it DIDN'T arrive using recorded delivery so was sat on the doormat waiting for me, or should I say 'leering' at me when I got home. I decided not to open it straight away in favour of eating my dinner and having a drink of tea first - kind of relax into it. So how did I do? I've been graded as a 'Senior Science Technician' and as I'm currently about half way through my current pay grade will be knocked back about 2k a year once my new grade kicks in. So I'm doubly disappointed. One that I've taken quite a kick in terms of pay, and secondly that my 'review' seems to have consisted of matching me to another job template that contains the words 'Senior' & 'Technician'. I'm sure others have benefitted from this, possibly people in managerial roles, but for me personally the whole thing is a mockery of a sham and I'll be starting the appeal process on Monday morning. Good luck to everyone else going through this!

Thank Post
    Are you a science technician mulderite? Sorry to hear you will lose money, but hopefully you can get it back through appeals. I still haven't received a letter yet but county still want it signed and returned back by the 25th. Complaining won't speed it up I know, but am wondering if we will have received the letter by the 25th at this rate.

Thank Post
    I'm a Senior ICT Technician. My point was all they seem to have done in my evaluation is match me to another job with the words 'Senior' & 'Technician' in the title. As for getting it signed and returned for the 25th, they were late by 2 weeks from their original post date. So to then expect us all to sign and return their acceptance slip by their original deadline date of the 25th November is just another mockery of a sham. I will leave mine until 9th December - two weeks after I received the letter!
    Last edited by mulderite; 17th November 2013 at 08:28 AM.

Thank Post
    There is a big difference between an IT technician and a science technician - especially at a senior level I think? That doesn't sound right at all. Will you appeal?

I think if we don't return them by the 25th we will get a final 'warning' before getting a notice of dismissal in, I seem to remember January, but that seems too far ahead compared to the November date. Just be careful as if you don't sign then you will get rehired under the new T&C's and then there is no 2 year pay protection. They have us in a corner basically. Sign or get fired it is basically.

Thank Post
    Well im a IT tech and im coming in at grade 5 is this the case for everyone at this level?

Thank Post
    I am still waiting for my letter...is that grade 5 pro rata? Do you work 52 weeks? That would be a big pay cut for me so hope not to be honest...

Thank Post
    that is 52 weeks i hope you get graded differently as ive not been in the post for long

Thank Post
    Still not got my contract but it looks as if I'll be coming in on Grade 7 hopefully.

Thank Post
    Fingers crossed kaphc - that's what I am hoping for but judging what I've read here and there, it looks highly unlikely.
    Been told will definitely have my letter this week...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12