+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, New job?? (3rd Interview) in General; As of late my current job has been coming more politics then anything. I have been getting tired of it, ...

Thank Post

New job?? (3rd Interview)

As of late my current job has been coming more politics then anything. I have been getting tired of it, which led to start looking else where. I had a informal interview last thrusday for a sys admin position. This morning I had a 2nd interview via phone, it was with the IT manager, HR manager, & AD guru. It was a little over an hour in length. Each person took turns in asking questions/scenarios. I received a call today after work for a 3rd interview for tomorrow morning. It is with the IT Manager and his boss.

My question is, what should I expect from this interview tomorrow?

I am at my wits end with my current job, I am not sure how much longer I can contiune with all the crap that has been going on.

Thank Post

Re: New job?? (3rd Interview)

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit
    As of late my current job has been coming more politics then anything. I have been getting tired of it, which led to start looking else where. I had a informal interview last thrusday for a sys admin position. This morning I had a 2nd interview via phone, it was with the IT manager, HR manager, & AD guru. It was a little over an hour in length. Each person took turns in asking questions/scenarios. I received a call today after work for a 3rd interview for tomorrow morning. It is with the IT Manager and his boss.

My question is, what should I expect from this interview tomorrow?

I am at my wits end with my current job, I am not sure how much longer I can contiune with all the crap that has been going on.
    I'd expect the third interview to be more formal obviously. You're now going to be interviewed by senior managers, so I'd expect they'd be looking to see if you're up to the job technically and if you're someone they can work with.

Out of interest what was the first interview. Normally a company would shortlist from application form, I like the idea of them shortlisting via phone interview....much more democratic

You're obviously ticking the right boxes for them up until know but those first two *chats* you had won't count for anything if you screw up tomorrow. Good job the HR bod isn't at your tomorrow they generally only care about what degree you have. Not your experience or technical ability.

Thank Post

Re: New job?? (3rd Interview)

Third interview? It seems a bit extreme to get you back AGAIN.

It must be close between you and one or two others then and they're trying to make their mind up. It'll almost certainly be a technical style meeting where they try to judge actual knowledge or perhaps they're just seeing who they think they'd get along best with.

Torledo - I couldn't agree more, HR people at interviews generally seem to be more interested in qualifications and trying to judge what pay you should be offered!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread