+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, What is it with Ebay Buyers???? in General; ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 823 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AMLightfoot View Post
    If you are up front in the listing and people know what they are getting, you might at least get a bit of money back for it.
    ^^^ This - I quite often scour for electrical items listed as broken first as there are some real bargains to be had if you know what you're looking for (e.g. I got a DS for £5 with a broken screen, cost me less than £10 for the screen and 20 minutes work, this at a point when a second hand DS averaged around £50)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,065 Times in 984 Posts
    @fiza - would setting up an amazon account and selling it on amazon be any better ?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fiza View Post
    I've only had a problem with a seller once. I won a Cross Trainer. Local pickup- cash on collection. I stupidly trusted the person selling. tested the thing for all of 10 seconds and put it in the car. When I got home and set it up I found that after 10 minutes it started making a clunking noise on the right side as you pedal. Looked at the pedal, it has sellotape on it. clearly someone had tried to repair the clunking noise. Sent a message to the seller. No sorry didnt know anything about the sellotape or clunking noise and besides I tested it before I took it away. As I paid cash and didnt use paypal that was that!!!

I now have the damned thing sitting in the bedroom collecting dust as its too noisy to use. I shudder everytime I look at it and think of the money I wasted. I would put it back on Ebay but wouldnt want to do the same thing to someone else.
    Is it just the pedal? You can get a new set of bike pedals for under a tenner. (Watch the thread sizes, there are two common sizes).

Thank Post
    When I sold my car, the chaps parents rang and said their son had no money to buy it.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jinnantonnixx View Post
    Is it just the pedal? You can get a new set of bike pedals for under a tenner. (Watch the thread sizes, there are two common sizes).
    No it seems to be on the inside of the orange round bit (whatever you call it), see here Pro-Form 280 Razor Crosstrainer - Fitness-Superstore.co.uk

When the right pedal gets to the bottom its like its hitting something on the inside as it goes around. It doesnt happen if my daughter uses it but then again she weighs almost nothing!!!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fiza View Post
    No it seems to be on the inside of the orange round bit (whatever you call it), see here Pro-Form 280 Razor Crosstrainer - Fitness-Superstore.co.uk

When the right pedal gets to the bottom its like its hitting something on the inside as it goes around. It doesnt happen if my daughter uses it but then again she weighs almost nothing!!!
    Is it worth undoing a few screws to see if there is a loose bit somewhere? If it's useless anyway it can't hurt...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AMLightfoot View Post
    Is it worth undoing a few screws to see if there is a loose bit somewhere? If it's useless anyway it can't hurt...
    I did have a quick look by undoing some screws but the whole peddle and hand grip is all connected. I would have to disassemble the whole right side. I might attempt it over the christmas break as that is the only proper time off I get.
    Last edited by fiza; 11th November 2013 at 02:48 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Reheating the thread, but it's still very much on topic, so here goes.

Knock on the door this morning, large parcel at the feet the postie.
    "What's this?"
    The postie says it was returned.
    A vintage computer I posted to an ebay buyer was returned this morning three weeks after sending it. I checked the tracking log and two attempts were made to deliver, on the third it was refused and returned to me. It wasn't opened, my packing tape is still in place.

So, if I understand this, the buyer paid for a vintage computer, I sent it, he refuses it, I keep the money and the computer? Or have I overlooked something?

Why on earth would somebody buy a very collectable bit of old tech and simply refuse delivery? This makes no sense at all.
    Last edited by jinnantonnixx; 14th December 2013 at 10:18 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    a failed 3rd attempt is normally an automatic return to sender, doesnt necessarily mean it was refused by the receiver, i think?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,973 Times in 1,445 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have had that...people do refuse delivery twice, write "refused" on the 3rd time, therefore it looks like the parcel gets returned, buyer gets a refund, and keeps the package.

Thank Post
    I had one a few years ago when a buyer arranged for their own courier to collect, then took up a case with ebay when the courier delivered a damaged parcel - the pictures he sent me and ebay support the fact that it was damaged by the courier. They wanted a refund from me for the damage by their courier. now i let him take the case to ebay as it was his courier who damaged it and therefore not my responsibility. Ebay sided with me in the end but they still froze £400+ from my paypal account for 3 months which meant that I was in the poo for a bit.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,744 Times in 2,022 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    write "refused" on the 3rd time, therefore it looks like the parcel gets returned, buyer gets a refund, and keeps the package.
    How does a buyer refuse a parcel *and* keep it at the same time? Surely the courier wouldn't hand it over to the buyer if they refused delivery?

Usually the buyer accepts the parcel, removes whatever they purchased and then sends it back to the buyer filled with some old rubbish to make it look like the item has been returned and then get a full refund from the seller since eBay always sides with the buyer.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,973 Times in 1,445 Posts
    Blog Entries
    No, when they sign, they write "refused" in the signature, and when it comes to checking, the delivery company checks the signature, it shows as refused. Only way to prove that the person took delivery is a dashcam/film proving it. Amazon started having cams on vans to prove people are accepting deliveries now, because the fraud is getting worse.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,744 Times in 2,022 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    No, when they sign, they write "refused" in the signature, and when it comes to checking, the delivery company checks the signature, it shows as refused.
    That doesn't make any sense though. I could sign for a parcel as 'Mickey Mouse', but that doesn't change the fact the courier has successfully delivered the parcel. The tracking number would also show the address it was delivered to when entered on the couriers website.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,472 Posts
    When you sign the couriers pda they record it as a delivery so what you right is irelevant as it would be a delivery so that's nonsense.

Ben

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123