+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, Wedding Photos in General; I have done a couple of weddings. Be careful with putting his details up here as that could land you ...
    Thank Post
    I have done a couple of weddings.

Be careful with putting his details up here as that could land you in court for libel.

Also, read your contract. There may be a part in there about 'no gurantee of photos, equipment defect etc..' - he would be a total ass to use this and would ruin his reputation if he were to fall back on this. He should have professional indemnity insurance so they will insist on data recovery before any restaging of wedding etc.

2. Thanks to Hefferzzzz from:

Millgate (30th October 2013)

Thank Post
    I'd really recommend for anyone doing a wedding shoot - hire a decent body for the day - something that will shoot to two cards simultaneously.

Well worth doing I think!

4. Thanks to pantscat from:

Thank Post
    You need to speak to a solicitor, small claims will just get you back what you spent, you want compensation for the distress and upset caused by his negligence.

I'd speak to one quickly, and ensure you mention you might be able to recover the photos off the HDD, I wonder if they can put an injunction in to keep it safe till it gets to court.

As has been mentioned, house insurance or wedding insurance should cough up for one.

Hope you get it sorted buddy.

Matt

6. Thanks to mattianuk from:

Thank Post
    Right then, so the latest is:

He said I'd have all the money and photos by Friday 1st Nov. That didn't happen. Nor did it happen on Saturday or Monday. So i decided to go to his studio yesterday morning but he didnt appear despite we waiting for about 45 minutes (& the same car driving past 4 or 5 times).

I called him later on and he eventually answered telling me how stressed he's been & then put the phone down on me after I said I didnt care. I phoned him again and he answered and then hung up on me AGAIN. As you can imagine, I was a little annoyed by this so I jumped in my car and drove to his studio.

He was in with some customers so he asked if we could speak outside (I said yes as i still want my money back). I then filmed our conversation on my phone where he said that he hadn't lied to me & then cheque was in the post etc etc. I asked him to cancel the cheque and write me a new one. He said no as it would cost him money. It went on for 15 mins before he agreed that he's give me all the money and the CD at 4pm in the afternoon. I agreed and went back to work.

10 minutes after I got back to the office, he calls saying that he has my cheque and the CD ready and asked me to come collect it now. I did. When I got there, he gave me the CD but no cheque saying that he never said that he was going to!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After another arguement (which i filmed), he threatened to call the police on me! Ha.

Anyway, i left it saying that I would check at home and if the money wasn't there, I'd be back later now.

He emailed my wife saying " the only way I will communicate with you in the future is via email". Is this guy for real?

THEN, about 4:30pm he called me on my mobile and spent the next 20 mins saying how sorry me was and how he'd handled the whole thing wrong from the start!!!! He then offered to give me the money in cash if the cheque doesnt arrive today and to do an album FOC with as many photos as we want!

Gobsmacked!

Thank Post
    If he doesnt pay I say we all phone him on your behalf, and see how stressed he becomes then.

Thank Post
    Mass phone calls needed to try and book him for weddings I think are needed...

Thank Post
    Haha, thanks guys. I want my money back first!

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,375 Times in 1,672 Posts
    So sorry to hear this Luke. Does this joker know you have contact with the local press and have you threatened him with it?
    I do hope you get your money back although I do realise this is no compensation for what you have lost.
    Once you have got your money back I would make a placard and march up and down outside the shop - imagine some other poor people going through the same thing

13. Thanks to witch from:

Millgate (6th November 2013)

Thank Post
    It's a bit of a turn around, but either he's panicked and realised he's handled it wrongly, or he's really clever and buying some time. Or maybe he's sought some legal advice and been told he's screwed. It's a bit of an insult that he'd offer to do another album though... I get his point, I guess it's the least he can offer, but why would you want to invest your time and emotion in the same bloke?
    Between the community we could easily put this guy out of business if we decided to, I'm sure.

15. Thanks to michael2k6 from:

Millgate (9th December 2013)

Thank Post
    Did you ever manage to get your photo's?

17. Thanks to penfold from:

Thank Post
    Yeah, we got all the photos on a CD but they aren't good enough to print out on anything bigger than 2x2 aparently although we've yet to try.

He's currently "designing" an album for us FOC but I'm yet to see it

Thank Post
    Make sure you stipulate that anything he gives you FOC is in no way settlement for the situation. If you later go to court he could claim he made some attempts at compensating you and im sure a crap attempt at an album will not be sufficient reimbursement.

20. Thanks to CHR1S from:

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123