+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Wedding Photos in General; Really sorry to hear the trouble your having Luke - must be absolutely gut wrenching! Just going through the motions ...

Thank Post
    Really sorry to hear the trouble your having Luke - must be absolutely gut wrenching! Just going through the motions of planning my wedding, and I know how important having good photographs to remember the day will be.

Quote Originally Posted by pantscat View Post
    So sorry to read about this - seems that it's all to easy for a **** with a camera to start up their own business these days.
    As a keen amateur photographer it really annoys me that you get so-called "pros" with all the gear and absolutely no idea what they are doing.

Interestingly - the faq on his website does say he has "all the relevant insurances"...

Good luck!
    Absolutely agree with this. Trying to find a decent photographer (made all the more difficult by the fact we're getting married abroad!) is so difficult. And as has been said Luke - I'd take him to the cleaners and be expecting him to restage shots at his cost!

2. Thanks to Soulfish from:

Millgate (28th October 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Novalee View Post
    I am so sorry to hear this Luke, how upsetting for you both. I hope he can recover them somehow, but I would be so angry that he laughed at you, and apparently put off telling you for so long? How long has he known about them being lost?
    He said that he'd known for 3 months!!! But chose not to tell us, so he just ignored emails instead.

I'll be taking him to small claims court but I havent done this before. Anyone got any experience in that?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfish View Post
    Really sorry to hear the trouble your having Luke - must be absolutely gut wrenching! Just going through the motions of planning my wedding, and I know how important having good photographs to remember the day will be.

Absolutely agree with this. Trying to find a decent photographer (made all the more difficult by the fact we're getting married abroad!) is so difficult. And as has been said Luke - I'd take him to the cleaners and be expecting him to restage shots at his cost!
    Congrats on your wedding

I dont think I want the photos restaging (especially by him) because it wont be the same.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Millgate View Post
    He said that he'd known for 3 months!!! But chose not to tell us, so he just ignored emails instead.

I'll be taking him to small claims court but I havent done this before. Anyone got any experience in that?
    Currently going through small claims proceedings myself (Suing Thomson Airlines ) so if you want to know anything let me know. The moneyclaim online service is pretty straightforward, and the judges are very helpful when you're in court. Just make sure you ready up on each stage and know whats expected of you.

6. Thanks to Soulfish from:

Millgate (30th October 2013)

Thank Post
    After a long argument, I'm getting all my money back plus the photos that he does have on a CD.

He got very shirty & laughed when I mentioned compensation so I'm taking him to court. Luckily the wife is the PA to the MD of the Sheffield Star so it'll be going in there too. Plus it'll be all over FB and Twitter. Oh, and on here.

ALWIN • GREYSON • PHOTOGRAPHY | Sheffield Based Studio

For anyone getting married around the Sheffield area, I wouldnt touch him witha barge pole

Money can't change what you've lost and the impact on your lives. Professional photographers have to have insurance don't they? Is this not something that is covered?

We're friends with Tina Allingham and I do the occasional computer-related favour for her (like when she rang in a panic because the School photos were due and her PSU had packed up) and she has loads of backups. She has backups of backups.

What's happened to you is terrible. Some people really are charlatans. It makes me so angry that he chose to ignore you instead of confess he's lost your pictures. That's shocking!

There are a lot of terrible people in the wedding industry - Pat-a-cake of Wimbourne is one of them - worst cake I've ever tasted. I could have baked and iced something better myself. My sister was beside herself.

Edited to add: Talk to Citizens Advice - they will easily point you in the right direction. Maybe phone some of those no-win-no-fee-free-consultation solicitors.
    Last edited by AMLightfoot; 28th October 2013 at 03:02 PM.

8. Thanks to AMLightfoot from:

Thank Post
    That is such a shame, at least you'll get some photos but not really what you expected. Have you got legal cover on your house insurance as this would be something they would take on for you, other than that I would see if a solicitor would take it on as no win no fee. I wouldn't be trying to do it myself as he really needs taking to the cleaners to stop him from doing this to someone else.

10. Thanks to teejay from:

Thank Post
    After a long argument, I'm getting all my money back plus the photos that he does have on a CD.

He got very shirty & laughed when I mentioned compensation so I'm taking him to court. Luckily the wife is the PA to the MD of the Sheffield Star so it'll be going in there too. Plus it'll be all over FB and Twitter. Oh, and on here.

ALWIN • GREYSON • PHOTOGRAPHY | Sheffield Based Studio

For anyone getting married around the Sheffield area, I wouldnt touch him witha barge pole

Laughed about compensation! What a n0b! Unprofessional big time. Rince him Luke!

12. Thanks to VeryPC_Colin_M from:

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,407 Posts

I wouldn't start small claims proceedings yet without getting some legal advise.

It costs you 25 to lodge it in the first instance with the online service and is straightforward to follow they send the details to the other party and then you go from there.

Ben

14. Thanks to plexer from:

Thank Post
    PM sent

16. Thanks to michael2k6 from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by michael2k6 View Post
    PM sent
    Wow! Thanks Mike!!!!!

Thank Post
    Sorry to hear that Luke. Take some legal advice. Small claims is OK to get your money back but you may struggle if you want compensation for indirect loss, especially if it is difficult to quantify as a sum of money. Most solicitors will give you a short free consult which should give you an idea of what's what.

Did you have any insurance? Sometimes home policies can cover unexpected legal expenses. It can be worth checking.

19. Thanks to pcstru from:

Millgate (29th October 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pcstru View Post
    Sorry to hear that Luke. Take some legal advice. Small claims is OK to get your money back but you may struggle if you want compensation for indirect loss, especially if it is difficult to quantify as a sum of money. Most solicitors will give you a short free consult which should give you an idea of what's what.

Did you have any insurance? Sometimes home policies can cover unexpected legal expenses. It can be worth checking.
    Thanks buddy. Yeah we had wedding insurance and they're sending us a claim form. I'll ring round a few solicitors today and see what I can find out.

Thank Post
    Dude I feel gutted on your behalf that totally sucks. Usually you get some amateur photographers within your guests that take really awesome shots hope some have!

22. Thanks to north-ict from:

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,407 Posts
    This is very true at my sister in laws wedding I got what is considered to be the shot of the day with the bride and her father.

Ben

24. Thanks to plexer from:

Thank Post
    I am going to be doing some of the Photo's for my Sister's wedding. For the ones done in the booth, I am going to take it once on one SD card and then change the card and take it again. Hopefully, I should not loose any

26. Thanks to hawc from:

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast