+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, The NFL on Channel 4 in General; Flicking through the channels yesterday, I came across the NFL live from Wembley on Channel 4. It seems there have ...

Thank Post

The NFL on Channel 4

Flicking through the channels yesterday, I came across the NFL live from Wembley on Channel 4. It seems there have been a few games played around the UK in the past couple of months. Is this a regular thing now for part of the NFL league, or is it a separate 'UK Tour' league type thing they do on the side? I knew that the Super Bowl had become very popular over hear as it's always broadcast live on UK telly now, but I did not realise that the teams were coming over here regularly and playing.

On a side note, I had no idea what was going on in the game! It seemed to be very stop-start!

Thank Post
    It's part of the NFL season now to come to Wembley for a few games - there are talks about extending to around 8 per season.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibson335 View Post
    It's part of the NFL season now to come to Wembley for a few games - there are talks about extending to around 8 per season.
    there is also talk of a uk franchise so a full 8 game home season and the possibility of hosting a superbowl. not as daft as it sounds new york to la isnt much less than new york to london distance wise and wembley at least for the games so far is a guaranteed sellout and there have been rumors the jaguars could move here as their home crowds are poor

keep meaning to go but sells out further in advance than i like to plan. 3 games next year at wembley

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    there is also talk of a uk franchise so a full 8 game home season and the possibility of hosting a superbowl. not as daft as it sounds new york to la isnt much less than new york to london distance wise and wembley at least for the games so far is a guaranteed sellout and there have been rumors the jaguars could move here as their home crowds are poor

keep meaning to go but sells out further in advance than i like to plan. 3 games next year at wembley
    It's not so much the distance more the time zone changes...they were saying the players were not feeling sharp because of the time difference and the jet lag had spilled over into training sessions.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibson335 View Post
    It's not so much the distance more the time zone changes...they were saying the players were not feeling sharp because of the time difference and the jet lag had spilled over into training sessions.
    not an insurmountable issue either and it evens out when a london team has to travel to the states

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread