+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
General Chat Thread, Orange - Network Congestion on Voice Mail in General; Anyone else having this issue. I've been unable to get into my work voice mail for days. Every time I ...
  1. #1
    Trapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    1,277
    Thank Post
    78
    Thanked 155 Times in 124 Posts
    Rep Power
    95

    Orange - Network Congestion on Voice Mail

    Anyone else having this issue. I've been unable to get into my work voice mail for days. Every time I try and dial it I either get Call Failed or more often Network Congestion!

  2. #2

    john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,454
    Thank Post
    1,543
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 935 Posts
    Rep Power
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    Anyone else having this issue. I've been unable to get into my work voice mail for days. Every time I try and dial it I either get Call Failed or more often Network Congestion!
    Had issues with Orange (now EE) for months, network congestion, "Called Dropped" is a regular friend of mine, orange 2 orange calls rining once and going to voicemail saying they are unavaliable yet I can phone them on my landline or anothe phone and it works first time perfectly and the user is in full signal and not doing anything its a bit tiresome.

    EE support are oh yes we have had problems all is now better or oh well when you made that call we were near the capacity threshold so maybe you were just unlucky and hit the weak spot etc... I am great at getting that

    I am working from home today and my phone keeps loosing its EE signal and I'm sat at my desk not moving around the house and its a joke keep turning it off and on again to get it back on not great really.

  3. #3

    Seb1780's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    323
    Thank Post
    136
    Thanked 126 Times in 98 Posts
    Rep Power
    106
    I've recently made some progress with similar problems I've had with Orange / EE

    Since the merger of T-Mobile and Orange they have been consolidating their networks. Since earlier this year they have switched off one of the three transmitters covering my home location, resulting in very poor signal. It has taken me months to get this acknowledged by them but as a result I have now been given a 20% discount on my monthly rental and they are supplying (but have not yet supplied!) a booster for my home.

    I had to fend off several attempts to distract me from my quest, from the handy "it appears to be a handset problem" to the ridiculous "you don't use the internet enough on your phone to enable us look into the matter" (WTF?).

    Stick with the complaints; make sure the first line people know you know your stuff; take names of everyone you speak to and try to get it escalated to Level 2 / Network.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kensington, London
    Posts
    372
    Thank Post
    59
    Thanked 36 Times in 32 Posts
    Rep Power
    32
    I get it a lot with voicemail - strangely the quickest solution for me is to dial 07973100123 from a non Orange phone (I use Vodafone) and access my voicemail remotely! [You need to set up a PIN on your Orange voicemail.

  5. #5
    gshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    2,726
    Thank Post
    176
    Thanked 229 Times in 211 Posts
    Rep Power
    69
    Ah yes Orange, was with them for 12 years until the merger when the service quality went rapidly downhill, calls kept dropping out, often had no 3G despite being in a busy urban area etc. Eventually found out from one of their more knowledgeable techs that a local transmitter was down plus works for the Olympics had knocked out 3G in a lot of places.

    Their customer service rep tried to tell me that 2G was acceptable Internet speed to which I sarcastically replied "yes sure, if we're still in 1999" and got the same 20% off the bill. Soon as my contract was up I was off to Vodafone which is miles better plus they did the handset I wanted when Orange didn't.
    Last edited by gshaw; 28th October 2013 at 02:14 PM.

  6. #6

    john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,454
    Thank Post
    1,543
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 935 Posts
    Rep Power
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by gshaw View Post
    Ah yes Orange, was with them for 12 years until the merger when the service quality went rapidly downhill, calls kept dropping out, often had no 3G despite being in a busy urban area etc. Eventually found out from one of their more knowledgeable techs that a local transmitter was down plus works for the Olympics had knocked out 3G in a lot of places.

    Their customer service rep tried to tell me that 2G was acceptable Internet speed to which I sarcastically replied "yes sure, if we're still in 1999" and got the same 20% off the bill. Soon as my contract was up I was off to Vodafone which is miles better plus they did the handset I wanted when Orange didn't.
    Best one I had was a mast covering most of The City of London has been non-operational on 3G coverage since May! and was only just fixed last month so am less than impress just wish I had the hour spare each day to call and moan that I cannot keep internet on my phone across London so I can actually make calls and use data services as I go

    Stuck with them until next year but will have to look at something else other than EE after a 16 year relationship with them

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    2,348
    Thank Post
    13
    Thanked 241 Times in 229 Posts
    Rep Power
    70
    I'm looking at ending nearly 10 years with them, just renewed and they put me on the "EE" network from Orange, nothing but issues to say the least. Don't want to go to O2 so may go Vodafone but we shall see.

  8. #8

    mac_shinobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    10,053
    Thank Post
    3,585
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 1,025 Posts
    Rep Power
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewL View Post
    I'm looking at ending nearly 10 years with them, just renewed and they put me on the "EE" network from Orange, nothing but issues to say the least. Don't want to go to O2 so may go Vodafone but we shall see.
    What's wrong with 02 ? @MatthewL

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    2,348
    Thank Post
    13
    Thanked 241 Times in 229 Posts
    Rep Power
    70
    Nothing apart from their data network is one of the slowest out there. Coverage is great used to be with them but having been involved in a mobile data project tried and tested them all and its a key thing for me.

  10. Thanks to MatthewL from:

    mac_shinobi (28th October 2013)

  11. #10

    mac_shinobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    10,053
    Thank Post
    3,585
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 1,025 Posts
    Rep Power
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewL View Post
    Nothing apart from their data network is one of the slowest out there. Coverage is great used to be with them but having been involved in a mobile data project tried and tested them all and its a key thing for me.
    Who you going with ? Vodafone etc

  12. #11

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    2,348
    Thank Post
    13
    Thanked 241 Times in 229 Posts
    Rep Power
    70
    Vodafone would be my choice but depends on cost and how much EE try to do when I tell them I am leaving, if they reduce my costs I may stay, see what happens and see if they address the issues I have put to them at the moment.

  13. #12

    mac_shinobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    10,053
    Thank Post
    3,585
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 1,025 Posts
    Rep Power
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewL View Post
    Vodafone would be my choice but depends on cost and how much EE try to do when I tell them I am leaving, if they reduce my costs I may stay, see what happens and see if they address the issues I have put to them at the moment.
    More coverage for me. I can get wifi at home and as long as it works then I will be happy



SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Loosing Network Connection on some PCs
    By lovelldr in forum Windows
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 19th October 2008, 08:14 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10th May 2008, 02:32 PM
  3. Map network drives on wireless network
    By woody in forum Windows
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 1st December 2007, 07:27 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11th May 2007, 03:33 PM
  5. Monitoring network traffic on our server
    By Kyle in forum Wireless Networks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 6th December 2006, 01:47 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •