+ Post New Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
General Chat Thread, RANT - Fed up with life here in the UK in General; Interesting point SolidChrome, and welcome to the forums. I can’t speak for the UK but here in the US I ...
    Thank Post
    Interesting point SolidChrome, and welcome to the forums.
    I can’t speak for the UK but here in the US I wonder how many people actually know what they pay in taxes. Our income tax is deducted from our pay so there is not a separate tax bill. I think businesses have to pay tax quarterly, if individuals did that they would be more aware of the costs.
    Now in my case I use budget management software on the computer and input those numbers. My income tax bill his higher than my auto bill, monthly.

There have been a few folks run for president that wanted to abolish the IRS and income tax, go to a flat tax 13% I think. However they were independent or third party candidates.

Thank Post
    Many thanks ADMater. It seems, at least sometimes, the only way politicians will listen is if enough people speak out. A couple of years ago I sent many emails to Phil Hogans office here in Ireland and spoke to my local TD about an issue over here. I think enough people spoke out as there was a fairly good solution put in place.

Thats what politicians are here for- to serve the people not for the people to serve the politicians.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910