+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, nPower in General; On Saturday, I spent 35 minutes on hold to nPower so I could discuss our best option. We went for ...

Thank Post

nPower

On Saturday, I spent 35 minutes on hold to nPower so I could discuss our best option. We went for the fixed price until 2017 option, which was initially a bit more expensive but we felt it would pay long-term. Looks like it might have been a smart move as nPower announce a 10.2% price hike.

Thank Post
    npower - nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !

Thank Post
    had sooo much hassle with npower, in the end after following their complaints procedure and saying I would contact the energy ombudsman forced them into us getting compensation and closing our account.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mole View Post
    had sooo much hassle with npower, in the end after following their complaints procedure and saying I would contact the energy ombudsman forced them into us getting compensation and closing our account.
    Same here. They still chased us for money 15 months later...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I had them for gas something like 10 years ago. I stopped using gas but they kept the account running. Accumalated 10years worth or standing charges before they contacted me to demand payment for a service I wasn't using. Finally managed to get them to agree to accept half the outstanding balance and to close the account. I'm now getting letters addressed "To the occupier" welcoming me as a nPower customer and advicing me that they are trying to calculate my first bill and would I mind giving them a meter reading?

I don't think they've worked out that the meter reading is exactly the same as it was 10 years ago, and I'm not going to pay any more standing charges, grrr....

Thank Post
    Touch wood, they've been fine so far. We've been with them several years.

Thank Post
    We had to chase them to create us an account in our name, 7 months later they just about managed this but put us on the wrong tariff, but in that time we obviously had no bills despite asking for them and giving readings so ended up with a gurt massive one. They then wanted paying immediately to which I told them to do one and we'd pay in our own time, it was then i said this was a rubbish service and wished to get the situation passed over to the ombudsman, low and behold they then offered a goodwill gesture of £75 and I gave a them a date of when i would settle the bill which was 3 months later, still recieve demanding letters and thazt took another 4 phones calls to stop them.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Danp View Post
    Same here. They still chased us for money 15 months later...
    I'm in the middle of this right now, they spent 6 months trying to charge me for gas usage after the date that I moved out (which they confirmed every time I called), idiots

Thank Post
    you got a good deal. I'm tempted by this one - But I might owe them a couple of hundred quid so keeping quiet!

Thank Post
    I want bad things to happen to them.

They're chasing me for the previous Tenants bill (£240), and they won't provide me with anything BUT an estimated bill (£160 a month....), even though I update them with my readings at the end of each month.

Politely informed them to swivel and signed up to EDF instead - much better service so far (But not had a bill yet!)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,898 Times in 1,410 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Never been with nPower but they phoned the mrs demanding payment. She put them on to me, they kept asking me questions, so I became hostile by answering every question with a question. After an hour, they gave up when they finally asked have I been a customer with them, and when saying no they were apologetic. Lol

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information