+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Where to sell a load of CDs? in General; Originally Posted by mole I am just going to keep mine, provided they don't deteriorate, it'd be nice to have ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mole View Post
    I am just going to keep mine, provided they don't deteriorate, it'd be nice to have something tangible to play years from now plus I like reading the sleeves.
    My dad recently just passed down a bunch of his old vinyl,Beatles,Elvis,Led Zep none too rare or in good cond but nice to have and play.
    I've had a couple of CD deteriorate (the silver comes off), so I've had to purchase them again. So much for the promises made when "Tomorrows World" spread jam on them and kicked them around the studio. This will be a real problem in the future as many of my CDs are by quite obscure artists. I've always bought the vinyl as well as the CD (where possible) for this very reason.

Thank Post
    Thanks for the suggestions - I'll have a look at them all.

Massively regretting my trip to the tip with 4 bin bags of VHS tapes after reading the comment about someone getting decent dosh for them - thought no one used video recorders any more!

I've noticed quite a few of the CDs had got "rot" - especially early Island ones for some reason - tacky manufacturing I guess.

Haven't the heart to look at the vinyl yet...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    Just been talking to a colleague - he sold his entire VHS, CD & DVD collection - some 800 items - through Amazon Marketplace. Some of his VHS tapes went for decent money.
    +1 . This or ebay is undoubtedly the best way to maximise the cash you get from them but it's potentially a lot of effort on your part. Still depending on how much Music Magpie offer you may only need to sell a small number to beat their offer. Especially if some of them are rare or sought after?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinghaggis View Post
    +1 . This or ebay is undoubtedly the best way to maximise the cash you get from them but it's potentially a lot of effort on your part. Still depending on how much Music Magpie offer you may only need to sell a small number to beat their offer. Especially if some of them are rare or sought after?
    Yeah - I dunno if any are sought after - there's a lot of weird stuff - but thats not always a good thing ;-)

I'm finding quite a few without bar codes too - so I'll have to read the small print on how to get them accepted - sigh!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12