+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Time to start living underwater? in General; Originally Posted by Sunnyknight I think a cold store would be beneficial. However, if the costs exceed the output profit ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyknight View Post
    I think a cold store would be beneficial. However, if the costs exceed the output profit from the tests done, then it's pointless. I may just head north and grab an iceberg. Shouldn't be too much hassle... then again...
    I was eyeing up a mid Pacific location, maybe near a fault line to tap in to a heat/energy source. I think the iceberg might have melted long before it gets back to base

I guess asking for a nuke sub may be a little hard to get.
    No, not at all. It's only when I mention the colour I want people look at me a bit funny!

The empire is a tmcdknight empire. You cannot replace it with codswallop. However, after a few years, and expansion, we may be able to accommodate other edugeeks. This is again, up to tcmd.
    Mmm, this was supposed to be a retire present for myself. A secret bond villan hideout. I suppose every good bond villan needs an army of goons, I can have my own private army of techs

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,451 Times in 998 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    Mmm, this was supposed to be a retire present for myself. A secret bond villan hideout. I suppose every good bond villan needs an army of goons, I can have my own private army of techs
    As an added benefit, employing technicians as underlings means that any incursions would be dealt with quickly, quietly and without fuss or expectation of glory. No showboating in front of the secret agent; just strategically placed Portal turrets built from Raspberry Pi boards guarding mathematically optimised fields of fire across all potential entrances with relevant failsafes and backup systems. Defence in depth, as server security courses teach.

There'll also be no easily guessable passwords or unlocked terminals with secret plans stored in shared folders with poor access permissions. All USB ports will be disconnected on the motherboard and CD burners will be configured to burn a VCD instead of writing whatever files were requested.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,960 Times in 1,358 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsanta View Post
    As an added benefit, employing technicians as underlings means that any incursions would be dealt with quickly, quietly and without fuss or expectation of glory. No showboating in front of the secret agent; just strategically placed Portal turrets built from Raspberry Pi boards guarding mathematically optimised fields of fire across all potential entrances with relevant failsafes and backup systems. Defence in depth, as server security courses teach.

There'll also be no easily guessable passwords or unlocked terminals with secret plans stored in shared folders with poor access permissions. All USB ports will be disconnected on the motherboard and CD burners will be configured to burn a VCD instead of writing whatever files were requested.
    Woe betide[sp?] any intruders who cause the server to go offline

Thank Post
    A secret bond villan hideout.
    You're in luck actually as I'm a secret super-criminal hideout consultant. I can be hired for £10k/day and expenses and need an office.

/Academy strategy.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,451 Times in 998 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscbrah View Post
    You're in luck actually as I'm a secret super-criminal hideout consultant. I can be hired for £10k/day and expenses and need an office.

/Academy strategy.
    An office... under the sea?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,960 Times in 1,358 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Darling it's better, down where it's wetter.

Take it from me.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I am thinking about commissioning an industrial wing with rental office space. Funnilly enough, £10k per day. Bargin considering the sceanic views of Box Jeallyfish on offer

Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Thank Post
    I was eyeing up a mid Pacific location, maybe near a fault line to tap in to a heat/energy source. I think the iceberg might have melted long before it gets back to base

No, not at all. It's only when I mention the colour I want people look at me a bit funny!

Hm... there's too much 'heat' around the pacific. Head further north or south. We'll be safer there. Energy can be made from boiling the ice and using the steam to heat thermal engines. This way, i can keep SOME icebergs (i need them!) and you can have all the heat you want.

Colour? Pay an extra fee of £100,000 and they'll shut up.

Now now, sharing is caring, but limited to me only. Who these other goons are, i don't know. Know this, i got your back. Do they? Can they be trusted? However.... @sonofsanta seems to be a interesting prospect. I may need to do some 'tests' on him to see how good he is.

Agreed?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12