+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, Naive - Silkroad??? in General; Here is Dread Pirate Roberts' LinkedIn if you're interested. Also the authorities almost certainly already know about the Hidden Wiki, ...
    Thank Post
    Here is Dread Pirate Roberts' LinkedIn if you're interested.

Also the authorities almost certainly already know about the Hidden Wiki, it's been around for years. When I visited it, it only linked to questionable websites but didn't actually contain any illegal content itself (as far as I saw, I didn't exactly spend a long time clicking around). Has that changed now or something?

I've seen it mentioned before by the Police that they look for signs of someone habitually visiting a site. If a particular address is visited multiple times over a space of time, they can presume that it is someone who is seeking such material and will probably find more evidence on their hard drive to cement a prosecution. An IP address that visits once and never seen again would likely be ignored by the Police, especially if it is a site you wouldn't expect to find it on. But this applies to standard HTTP traffic, not sure how it'd apply to TOR.
    This would not work for TOR hidden services, as your connection would come from a new address each time it accesses the site. There's no really easy way to link an individual user on a website to a physical machine using "normal" connection information, since TOR purposefully obfuscates it. To identify individual people you have to do things like use Firefox exploits to trick the user into revealing their non-TOR IP address (as the FBI did recently after taking down freedom hosting).

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    And all their forms ask for the name of the child who is being abused. I don't know this. And it isn't just 1.
    'Multiple'? 'Online'? I find it absurd that CEOP wouldn't have a page for 'Submit a report about a child exploitation website' form?

As for the throwing accusations. This is what I've been worried about. [Doesn't help that someone in this thread did it...]
    ... someone did? O.o

And there's no [censored] way I'm going back there!
    Makes filling out the form harder, not being able to double-check details (in all fairness, not hanging around there for very long in the first place creates complications, I'm sure!)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdrawkcab View Post
    Has that changed now or something?
    Oh, yes.

Child abuse, drugs [prescription or otherwise], identity information, malware... It's like a giant Argos catalogue of illegal things.

I had to combat the want of gathering data to report it all...

Quote Originally Posted by Garacesh View Post
    'Multiple'? 'Online'? I find it absurd that CEOP wouldn't have a page for 'Submit a report about a child exploitation website' form?
    To be fair, IWF and CEOP are UK based. They don't deal with the countries this stuff is likely hosted in.

Quote Originally Posted by Garacesh View Post
    ... someone did? O.o

Quote Originally Posted by LeMarchand View Post
    Surely the risk is only dependent on what you go looking for?
    I.E: you found it because you were looking for it.
    Last edited by X-13; 10th October 2013 at 01:40 PM.

Thank Post
    You can report the following content to the IWF here:

• Child sexual abuse content hosted anywhere in the world.
    • Criminally obscene adult content hosted in the UK.
    • Non-photographic child sexual abuse images hosted in the UK.

If the content is hosted in the UK then the IWF will work in partnership with the police and the ISP or host company to have the offender(s) investigated and the content taken down. If the content is assessed as potentially criminal but hosted outside the UK where the IWF has no established contact, then the IWF will notify CEOP who then disseminate the information to the relevant national law enforcement agency via Interpol. If the country where the content is hosted operates a Hotline like the IWF then the IWF will notify them directly.

I would suggest that you follow your schools usual child protection mechanisms (I can see you've already spoken to your DCPC/safeguarding lead) and I would suggest that your conversation with them and any action taken is documented and captured in your schools e-Safety incident logs/report tools etc. Also make sure you seek some support for yourself if necessary as exposure to potentially criminal content can be very upsetting and distressing.

5. 3 Thanks to esafety_officer:

CAM (10th October 2013), Garacesh (11th October 2013), X-13 (10th October 2013)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information