+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, Royal mail selloff in General; Another typical Tory Sell Off - sok though, we are all in this together according to Dave Country Supper Cameron....

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 623 Posts
    Another typical Tory Sell Off - sok though, we are all in this together according to Dave Country Supper Cameron.Royal mail selloff-onlysaying.jpg
    Last edited by mattx; 15th October 2013 at 01:11 PM.

2. Thanks to mattx from:

LeMarchand (15th October 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    But clearly it's a poorly thought out service. The step by step tracking is available as standard from all other companies I've come across. The future of Royal Mail is delivering parcels, it won't be delivering letters - so they need to focus on this a lot more. Internet sales are rocketing every year, yet Royal Mail report big losses and requires investment. It just doesn't add up, bearing in mind they're the biggest in the UK.
    I wouldn't say it is poorly thought out. For the Signed For service it is just right, you don't care where it is, just that it has arrived, that it was signed by someone and who that someone was. For international mail they do a service that tracks process by process.
    They do do parcels (hu huh huh, dodo). Remember ParcelForce was Royal Mail parcels until it got a rebrand.

As I mentioned in my first post, they may have reported losses but that was down to the government taking a hefty cut and from some interesting accounting practices. I wouldn't be surprised if come their first published accounts next year they make a spectacular profit.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberNerd View Post
    Anyone manage to sell @4.50 and make 270 overnight?
    Yes. Hargreaves Lansdowne's website melted due to their inability to predict the entirely predictable rush of users wanting to use it. I sold late Fri afternoon at 4.52 - naturally they were worth more than that when I last looked but I never planned to hang on to them.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    Another typical Tory Sell Off - sok though, we are all in this together according to Dave Country Support Cameron.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	onlysaying.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	281.4 KB 
ID:	20925
    Tin foil hat time? Investment firm makes money on investment and happens to know chancellor. :P Even though it was the Business minister that initiated the Privatisation? There is a lot to give Osbourne a kicking over so no need to make conspiracy theories up based on myths!

6. Thanks to TechMonkey from:

zag (15th October 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TechMonkey View Post
    Tin foil hat time? Investment firm makes money on investment and happens to know chancellor. :P Even though it was the Business minister that initiated the Privatisation? There is a lot to give Osbourne a kicking over so no need to make conspiracy theories up based on myths!
    If that is what you believe then you go and believe that........ You obviously know nothing about the relation between Ruddock, Davies and Tory Toff George. Not only that the short selling Lansdowne Partners did against Northern Rock and who sits on their management committee. Sok though - you believe what you want to......

Thank Post
    Another typical Tory Sell Off - sok though, we are all in this together according to Dave Country Supper Cameron.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	onlysaying.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	281.4 KB 
ID:	20925
    Lets not forget the repeated times that Mandelson tried to sell it for Labour though.

Thank Post
    If that is what you believe then you go and believe that........ You obviously know nothing about the relation between Ruddock, Davies and Tory Toff George. Not only that the short selling Lansdowne Partners did against Northern Rock and who sits on their management committee. Sok though - you believe what you want to......
    Saying go on and believe what you want to believe is a 2 way retort.
    I don't doubt there are relations and I don't doubt things happen. That doesn't stop that image being very silly and Daily Mail worthy at best. As sickening as it is sometimes, an Investment company is there to invest and make money.

Not arguing about getting them out though.

(on a tangent "Sok" is that an acronym or "it's ok" contraction?)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
    Lets not forget the repeated times that Mandelson tried to sell it for Labour though.
    Totally agree, and I didn't agree with it back then either.

Thank Post
    Saying go on and believe what you want to believe is a 2 way retort.
    I don't doubt there are relations and I don't doubt things happen. That doesn't stop that image being very silly and Daily Mail worthy at best. As sickening as it is sometimes, an Investment company is there to invest and make money.

Not arguing about getting them out though.

(on a tangent "Sok" is that an acronym or "it's ok" contraction?)
    I would not know, I don't read the Daily Mail. You obviously do if you are comparing it..... ;-)

Thank Post
    I would not know, I don't read the Daily Mail. You obviously do if you are comparing it..... ;-)

Well you sir are a poopy head :P

13. Thanks to TechMonkey from:

JoeBloggs (15th October 2013)

Thank Post

Well you sir are a poopy head :P
    Well, you see that puddle over there, the one that the dog has just wee weed in - that is your swimming pool that is, that is where you go swimming.

Thank Post
    You see that piece of old crust, with blue mould all over it, that's got a bit wet in the corner, that is very stale and hard, has been on the floor and it smells very bad because it is off.

That's your dinner that is, that's what you have at Christmas. That's your special birthday meal.

Thank Post
    You see that piece of old crust, with blue mould all over it, that's got a bit wet in the corner, that is very stale and hard, has been on the floor and it smells very bad because it is off.

That's your dinner that is, that's what you have at Christmas. That's your special birthday meal.
    You see those workman's tents in the middle of the street ? Thats your house that is. Thats where you go on holiday.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123